More Grind Friendly xp

Options
chii
chii Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Suggestion Box
the game is way to quest oreinted so far and its the one thing thats really annoying me i have to run around to the npc that gives me a quest and then its nothing more then kill 30 xyz mobs and the reward is 2000k xp i went exploring today and the most xp from a mob i got was 100 -_-" and it was like lvl 20 and im 15. there should be alternative places to go if you don't want stick to quests meh sitting on a spawn of mobs my level and getting 20xp makes me kinda not wanna play lol
Post edited by chii on

Comments

• ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Personally, I find it a refreshing change from another grind-orientated game I played. It would be nice if it catered equally to both styles of playing though.

Being able to switch between questing and grinding, and still getting a decent amount of experience for the same amount of time invested would be... perfect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kelo
    kelo Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I do agree the mob experience could be tweaked.

Here are some interesting stats showing why I don't really like PW's growth curve:

In closed beta, my character (around level 5-7 I think) needed about 2000exp to level up, and was getting 50-60 (I'll round down to 50) exp/mob. Grinding it would mean killing 40 mobs. It's quite fast, and for starting levels it's a good rate.

In MY-EN, my character (lvl76) needs about 2Mexp. Mobs of my level give around 350exp/mob. Grinding it means I have to kill 5000++ mobs ^^;;;

See? Mob exp went up by a factor of 7 (50 to 350), but needed exp went up by a factor of 1000 (40 to more than 5000) xD I know they can't keep the rates (mob exp growth vs needed exp growth) too close together, or else everyone would get max level in 2 months playing. But I do think that, on higher levels, mob exp is ridiculous. A middle point should be found.

But still, it's advertised as a quest-based MMORPG, so I guess that's part of the reason. I wish that PWI will get more high-lvl quests than we have on MY-EN though ^^;;
    ~ Through the darkest of night, we shall shine brightly, revealing the path to both friendship and glory ~
    Kelovar, Radiance executor
  • bron
    bron Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Are you kidding me? People actually complaining about the mobs not being grindable? You like grinding, spending 12 hours killing mobs just to barely make a level or two? Go play Maplestory, Runescape, or Flyff. This game is quest based for a reason, because the majority of people don't enjoy grinding, watching that exp amount go up by about 0.03% per monster and calling it good exp at that level. Flyff at level 92 does that, ugh. It took me that long to realize this was not fun.

But I do agree with kelo. The quests don''t continue past about level 60 or so, and you're forced to grind the rest. The progression slows down, and the supplement gotten from questing is lost.
    Proud Pre-Launch CO and Pre-Launch STO Lifetime Subscriber.
  • raxcal
    raxcal Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    When you reach level 44 and you run out of quests for that level with 50% or less into 45, you'll see what kelo means. You HAVE to grind in this game, like it or not. Repeatable quests don't give exp, only Rep. And the hourly quests only give you ~2% around level 69. These are numbers from the MY-EN version.
    I realy would like to see the numbers tweaked in this version.