More armour styles (not type)

Options
jakelton
jakelton Posts: 26 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Suggestion Box
Again, I have to say, you have done an amazing job with this game. The all the armour looks amazing on each character and they look so good! But here comes in another suggestion. Something I've found in many games I play is that armour style is limited to their type. Here's what I mean...

Take 200 players and line them up.
Give them an option of three armours. A)Melee (good def, good att, etc). B)Mage (good mage, low def, etc). And C) A mix of mage and melee.

Depending on what played like melee, mage, or a mix, you'll end up with basicly 200 characters that all look like A, B, or C. Leaving three characters. Meaning, leaving three different looking characters. Now of course there is slight differences. Eye color, hair color, face shape, etc. But those are lost in the sameness of everyone else. They all look so close to each other.

Looking at how much time average teenagers (I do believe teens make up the largest percentage of today's MMORPG gamers) take to pick clothes they wear everyday today can give you an idea of whatever players might like in a game. True there are all those guys who everyday get up, throw something random on, and go out into public looking like the did just that. But I know a large percentage of girls and some guys who care about how they look. The way my character looks to me is a large factor in playing a game. That's why I'm so interested in playing this game because of the huge customization the characters have. But I think it would be so much better if you had several different styles of the same armour type to add more to individualism between characters. Meaning, different colors, plating versus chain (though level might effect that more than look), fancy versus plain, something like that. And I still think that you should be able to see all the "additions" you give to your character. Like earrings, rings, necklaces, etc. Rather than just putting them on my character and knowing they effect my stats, I can also see them on my character.

OK, I'm probably just asking for something more than probable. Just... there are factors to "Oooo, this green ring fits perfectly with my green cape and contrasts well with my blue necklace and robes! I'll think I'll buy it rather than that red one..." that can be good. More money is spent by people interested not just how well their character can kill something else, but how they look too. People notice others who stand out and look "good" and are more interested in starting up a friendship with an awesome looking character versus a character that looks like the just threw on whatever armor have the best stats and ran out to fight something.

I dunno. I'm probably just weird. *shrug* Some thoughts. If anyone has any corrections, comments, etc to make, throw 'em. =P
This is me, Jake Kelton. Send me a private message if you recognize this username. I've been around and think of myself as somewhat known. :p Still trying to log in, but hopefully that should be remedied soon and I will join you all online. See you soon!

Comments

• destruction
    destruction Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    So more Customization?
    Agree!
    But there are Special clothing to make you look good...
    Still thought...
    It are leet!
    Vote yes!
  • jakelton
    jakelton Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Thanks for the support. I think it's more of a... what's the right word... fancy addition, adding more character clothes and/or customization. So it's not like, super important that they add it. But I think it would make the game look more appetizing and attract a lot more members. Not just the **** and slash game type members, but the members who are interested in building a community of people who enjoy the same type of game. =)
    This is me, Jake Kelton. Send me a private message if you recognize this username. I've been around and think of myself as somewhat known. :p Still trying to log in, but hopefully that should be remedied soon and I will join you all online. See you soon!