World Chat Toggle.

Options
tinkus
tinkus Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Suggestion Box
I know I'm not alone in this, but I feel that world chat is absolutely useless for the most part. It's like I'm stuck in /b/, to be honest. I would like the option to completely silence it from all chat boxes if one so chooses. Just because a player buys the ability to use the world channel does not mean we should be all be forcibly subjected to the (so far) inane chatter that goes on there.
Post edited by tinkus on

Comments

• irbis
    irbis Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    yeah its a madmans walk now. a general chat is needed but i cant even see what ppl near my are saying cuz of that spam-stream from world chat
    There exist only three beings worthy of respect:
    the priest, the soldier, the poet.
    To know, to kill, to create.
    -severan
  • lipe124
    lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    So the options are there, just use it.

Also you're complaining about something really pointless, if this was OB it would be a world of diference.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
  • tinkus
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Except you can't filter world chat. Explain to me how you're supposed to turn it off when it's not selectable.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f279/tinkyxiii/worldchatlol.jpg

And I'm bringing this up in CB because, if this is an oversight, it needs to be corrected.
  • lipe124
    edited August 2008
    Options
    My bad. Either way i still think its not necc cos the WC is never going to be THAT spammed as now with the free zen. And most of the time I'm in party chat mode anyways, there you can turn on normal/party/pm and turn of world chat. So in essence party chat is the new and improved version of what you expect from general.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lipe124
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ugh wth i just typed a reply and closed before it inshed submitting.

A workaround then is to arrange party chat to do normal/party/pm and its a new improved version of general chat without world chat.

Its supposed to be on general cos us "normal" ppl want to see WC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tinkus
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I never tried making party chat like that. I'll have to give it a go. Thanks for the tip!

Though I still say it should be a toggle, for us abnormal people.
  • elite
    elite Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    you can make chat window thingies, i think there is a limit to 20 people though :( If world chat was free, A) it would get spammed like hell B) PWE wouldnt get rich!