What!?!?? pay for wings...

theninthseraphim
theninthseraphim Posts: 35 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Chronicles
so i understand that all classes receive a flight device at lv30, and elves receive non-mp consuming wings. But, i assumed from there on, every TEN levels will be a rank up in which you receive the next flight device with faster speed. But now i've heard you have to pay real money (zen) to buy wings? T_T

I really wanted the steel wings for the elves :(
Post edited by theninthseraphim on

Comments

• reversal
    reversal Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    You don't have to buy the Wings, the Wings in the store are faster though, than those in-game, or so I've heard...
  • zori
    zori Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    You always had to buy wings O.o if you want something better than the lvl 30 ones, and no, there isn't such thing to get a new set of aerial mount every ten levels.
  • warlordinpw
    warlordinpw Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    You dont have to buy one.... But if you wanna look cool like me:cool: and or if you are rich? buy it.
    i recommend just using the white wings though....they're pretty fast just keep upgrading them,
  • naris
    naris Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Out of sheer curiosity, what gave you the assumption that your wings would upgrade every 10 levels? Since all classes can fly at level 30, I'd understand thinking that they'd get an upgrade every 30 levels... but why 10?

Anyways, like everyone else said here, the elf wings are the fastest once you spend skill points to upgrade them. The others are stuck using a speedboost (which is slower than the fastest elf base wings), or buying faster ones. Also, the fastest cash shop wings are faster than the fastest elf wings.

This is one of the better examples of something that gives you an indirect advantage for using the cash shop. The only thing you lose by not buying it is more time after all...
  • theninthseraphim
    edited August 2008
    naris wrote: »
    Out of sheer curiosity, what gave you the assumption that your wings would upgrade every 10 levels? Since all classes can fly at level 30, I'd understand thinking that they'd get an upgrade every 30 levels... but why 10?

Anyways, like everyone else said here, the elf wings are the fastest once you spend skill points to upgrade them. The others are stuck using a speedboost (which is slower than the fastest elf base wings), or buying faster ones. Also, the fastest cash shop wings are faster than the fastest elf wings.

This is one of the better examples of something that gives you an indirect advantage for using the cash shop. The only thing you lose by not buying it is more time after all...

:confused: what? totally confused.

Any for assuming new wings every ten levels, I did so because I played a couple other mmos (cabal most notably) that had a rank up every 10 levels (30 levels at high level takes a long time) as a way to encourage players to level. And after every 10 levels, your current equipment is upgraded.

But this wings process confuses me. Can someone explain how to get better wings in the game? Or rather, how does the wing process work?

From what i'm hearing, I've this weird concept in my mind that you have can upgrade your current wing...like making it + with special items to make it go faster. And you can also buy a new set of wings that is a higher tier to replace your current wings. T_T :confused:
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    One way to upgrade your wings is to purchase cash shop wings. Also, as you level up, your skill trainer will be able to train you in a passive skill that increases the speed at which you fly. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • theninthseraphim
    edited August 2008
    xarfox wrote: »
    One way to upgrade your wings is to purchase cash shop wings. Also, as you level up, your skill trainer will be able to train you in a passive skill that increases the speed at which you fly. ;)

See, that made everything clearer. So a skill makes wings go faster...but there are faster wings than the basic set, but they are bought in the cash shop.

Eh...how much are the steel elf wings? T_T
  • zori
    zori Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    See, that made everything clearer. So a skill makes wings go faster...but there are faster wings than the basic set, but they are bought in the cash shop.

Um.. Elf race are the only ones that can level the wing speed, but it only works for the basic white set of wings.

There are two sets of metaloid/steel wings one was req. lvl 60, and the other one, I forgot =X Neither are in the current cash shop in CB, we'll have to wait for OB to see.
  • elite
    elite Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    The fasted wings i saw where in a video, it was in city of vanished, it was +5.5 +6.5 and was for werebeast / werefox, lvl 80 needed i think...
  • irbis
    irbis Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    xarfox wrote: »
    Xar for havens sake stop winking! lol xD
    There exist only three beings worthy of respect:
    the priest, the soldier, the poet.
    To know, to kill, to create.
    -severan
  • casterine
    casterine Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    And no. Elf wings are not "non-mp" type of flying device.

Wings of Winged Elfs:
    Normal Speed (meters/second) +0.00
    Requisite Class Archer Cleric
    Requisite Lv. 1
    MP Cost 2/Second
    Price 10
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2009

You mean wings of Daedalus who knows if they steel maybe other material.They go for 17gold and 50 silver although it was 30.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Necro Much?
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • andracil
    andracil Posts: 2,949 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Daily necro hunt!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.