eestlane
eestlane Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2008 in General Discussion
what are you going to choose,
a female
or
a male
character?

also add are you female or a male in real life....

---
i think i'm going to play as a male character in game, because i'm male in real life too.
Post edited by eestlane on

Comments

• tinkus
    tinkus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I play both. And I am neither.

So there.
  • godlike2008
    godlike2008 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Maybe a female as they are much better to look at, i would rather see a girls behind then a mans and im male btw :p
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Male Wizard. Male IRL. While females are nicer to look at, you get more interaction with other girls if you're a guy character.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • godlike2008
    edited August 2008
    ark wrote: »
    Male Wizard. Male IRL. While females are nicer to look at, you get more interaction with other girls if you're a guy character.

Good point wouldn't want guys tryin to hit me up :D
  • ruve
    ruve Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Currently I play a female character, and when sept. 2nd rolls around I will pick a female again.
    I'm female irl so it makes sense. Only downside to making female character is that you will never be able to embrace others. Maybe I will make an alt male just for that. ;p
    IGN ~ Ruve ~ 2x Wizard
    Server ~ Lost City
    420ifur
  • godlike2008
    edited August 2008
    ruve wrote: »
    Currently I play a female character, and when sept. 2nd rolls around I will pick a female again.
    I'm female irl so it makes sense. Only downside to making female character is that you will never be able to embrace others. Maybe I will make an alt male just for that. ;p

Awww whats wrong with being embraced?
    Would look silly with a female embracing a male lol.
  • tinkus
    tinkus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008

I think you mean girl characters. After all, they could very well be male on the other side.
  • ruve
    edited August 2008

Maybe I want to embrace another female? So what if it would look silly, this game has tons of silly things in it already. What would be so wrong in it having both gender embracing? It's sexist I tell ya!
    IGN ~ Ruve ~ 2x Wizard
    Server ~ Lost City
    420ifur
  • khaai
    khaai Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I will create female characters like before. I am guy in real life.
  • nounours
    nounours Posts: 453
    edited August 2008
    male wizard, and male in real life!
    Notice it's more enjoyable to play with a female char ;)
    But still i prefer play with a male char.
  • ishtori
    ishtori Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2008

That was almost a sexist comment (but not really), what is wrong with a female embrace a male? Or even, female-female or male-male. Perfect World was designed to suit heterosexual men's taste, thus the embrace function is very restricted. Ever notice how male's animation is slightly better than female's when it is on a melee class. Note that when you create a character, what is the first gender you see when creating a physical damage class? Male. On mage classes? Female. Truthfully though if embrace is not limited by gender, it would have been more entertaining.

This is part of the game and part of the world, I don't really feel anything toward it, just find it rather amusing.
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i'm playing both and am male irl
    call me sexist but i think that female chars are more fitting for support roles :p
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • capnbc
    capnbc Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I'm male and I am/will play as a male, elf cleric to be exact. But that's mostly just because of the wings. And since I think the idea of having wings is cool, I can relate better to a male character with wings. If there wasn't the elf class, I probably would have picked the female fox venomancer class like my brother is (he loves foxes), and foxes are just that cool :o.
  • eniac
    eniac Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Perfect World upholds the antiquated, sexist, politically incorrect notion that certain professions should be unavailable to certain genders. Thus, to play the strongest soloing, pet-owning class, I am forced to play a female even though I am male. :(

How about bringing PW into the 21st century? Let males be venomancers, let females be barbarians, and let both genders cuddle!
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    eniac wrote: »
    How about bringing PW into the 21st century? Let males be venomancers, let females be barbarians, and let both genders cuddle!

Other countries, other folklores, other values.

BTW, how many american games allow for same gender interraction like cuddle?
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • arianos
    arianos Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Well, right now I have a Venomancer (spelling?), so I play a female character. But when they do the wipe, my friend will start playing (I convinced her to be a Venomancer), so I'll probably make a male Cleric or something so we can group together and stuff. And so at least one of us will be able to fly around... that too.
  • ruve
    edited August 2008
    karmelia wrote: »
    Other countries, other folklores, other values.

BTW, how many american games allow for same gender interraction like cuddle?

Uhm... World of Warcraft.
    IGN ~ Ruve ~ 2x Wizard
    Server ~ Lost City
    420ifur
  • ranthe
    ranthe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I'm male RL, but ill play both
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • azzie
    azzie Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    soukyuu wrote: »
    i'm playing both and am male irl
    call me sexist but i think that female chars are more fitting for support roles :p

I have to agree. I'm a female and I'm playing a female. :D
  • xanados
    xanados Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Female characters get a free ride up the stupid leap quests from winged elves. So I play female characters so I can fantasize about pixelated ****. Plus I'm a rabid squirrel in real life and I love my nuts.
    Syndacus L. 31 Stoneman Protector - 1250 Patk
    Dingleberry L. 14 Marksman
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vaelissa
    vaelissa Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Another female playing a female character here.
  • hirochen
    hirochen Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    eniac wrote: »
    Perfect World upholds the antiquated, sexist, politically incorrect notion that certain professions should be unavailable to certain genders. Thus, to play the strongest soloing, pet-owning class, I am forced to play a female even though I am male. :(

I agree with you.

I'm male and will be playing male roles for all other classes except for venomancer (female only) class. The same as I did in PW Malaysia.
  • eestlane
    eestlane Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    thanks fo feedback.
    i think i'm ging for a barbarain and maybe for a elf archer (female).
    just like my version of the game...
  • abrigorn
    abrigorn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Given that I'll be playing a venomancer my choices are somewhat limited.

I don't attach any significance to character gender, so it tends to be more a matter of playing with the character options until I get something I can live with staring at the back of for 60+ levels of whatever game I'm playing at the time. To be honest, I tend to pay more attention to game mechanics than graphics, so a vaguely humanoid collection of primitives would work just as well as anything else as long as the game is fun.
  • arthurbelvoul
    arthurbelvoul Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I usually create a male & female character, Cuz of the names I usually choose when playing an rpg game. I use names of real knights so I choose a male & female character & I am male in RL.
  • everybody
    everybody Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008

Interacting with "girls" in-game?!
    It's just like psychical compensation or early teen's stuff.
  • xieveral
    xieveral Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I'm female IRL. My main is female as well but I only play with my husband and friends using her. When it comes to being social, I prefer using my male alts. It gets really annoying to have strangers request cuddle or whisper "hay will u b my gf i think ur hawt" X< game needs a slap emote...
    Faction- SevenWind
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eonstar
    eonstar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    A male cleric, I always do my own virtual clone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I give you my love, for all else I have already given away...
  • puppetsoul
    puppetsoul Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Male IRL.
    Female character.

People are infinitely more forgiving of female characters, they get parties easier, people give you stuff, etc.; all the perks of being female IRL with none of the drawbacks like being moody and illogical.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]