Targeting Delay

pineapplexpress
pineapplexpress Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Support Desk
There is a target delay and dmg delay .. for example when you target someone and heal u have to wait like 1-2 before healing for the target to actually be targeted or when you are targeting and dealing dmg to a mob it does not register til 1 - 2 later :) plz fix to be accurate thank you.
Post edited by pineapplexpress on

Comments

• soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    it's your connection fault, not the server's
    what is your ping on server select screen?
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    There is a target delay and dmg delay .. for example when you target someone and heal u have to wait like 1-2 before healing for the target to actually be targeted or when you are targeting and dealing dmg to a mob it does not register til 1 - 2 later :) plz fix to be accurate thank you.

Hello pineapple,

Where are you attempting to play PWI from?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pineapplexpress
    edited August 2008
    i am playing from US: East Coast: Atlanta, GA .. i have 6k down on internet and my computer is up to specs and is more than capable of running an mmorpg ^^ so i dont know why im getting this lag.. i talked to some people in the game to see if it was only me they are getting it as well. oh and ping is 63ms.

i dont get any lag in anything else like running in game movement or npc quest etc.
  • soukyuu
    edited August 2008
    You are getting targeting delay @63ms ping??!! O_____O
    Honestly, I don't believe you :D

Maybe you expect the game to react faster than it should.. or there is something weird with your PC/connection.
    Last time i played @60ms it was smooth as ... as... i don't know :p

Try doing a tracert pwigc3.perfectworld.com and post the results here.
    Having timeouts at the end of the tracert is OK, but not somewhere in the middle. At least usually there should be no packet loss. If there is, then this could explain why you have lag even though your ping is around 60ms - some packets have to be re-sent.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gunman
    gunman Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I have around 120ms and am having the same issue.

And from talking to various players, as well as reading on the forums, I have found out that this is a common issue for everyone (a glitch in the game...also seen on Malaysian servers).

It is really annoying though, as it greatly limits the healer's efficiency. The greatest issue with being a good cleric should be player-related and not game related. Hopefuly, this will be fixed soon (somehow).
  • soukyuu
    edited August 2008
    Again, with a ping as low as 60ms, there should not be a noticeable targeting delay.
    There will be a slightly noticeable delay with 120ms, and a small, noticeable one @200+ (this is what i have)

And: There is NO WAY to fix that, because it's completely your connection fault. Data has to be sent to the server and if your connection fails to do so fast, you will get a cast delay. There is no way around it except moving right next to the server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    There are delays in PW that are NOT related to your connection at all. I.E: You can host a server with the official software and play the game on the same box and you'll still have the delay.

An example is damage delay.

It's just the way PW is coded to work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • pineapplexpress
    edited August 2008
    i tried the tracert thing im gettin t/o at the end nothing in the mid .. ping of today is @ 78 .. hrm .. i dont kno what else it is .. as the guy said above its a common game error .. i dont believe its my connection ;P lol and why would i lie about my ping .. many people have told me its because of server lag o.O
This discussion has been closed.