Treatise on PW Flamers

beans
beans Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
Treatise–noun
"a formal and systematic exposition in writing of the principles of a subject, generally longer and more detailed than an essay." - Dictionary.Com

Flamer-noun
"A guy/girl who adds rude/off-topic/ random/ incoherent additions to a thread on forums" - Dr. Bean

Theory: It is a vital part of the Perfect World community to have flamers and to listen to what they have to say, not how they say it.

Why are flamers needed?

From the beginning of time there have been flamers. Without flamers, how else would we have the birth of the French nation? And without the birth of the French nation, where else would we get our freedom fries from? No, but in all honesty, flamers provide basic functions for a forum. Ever since the birth of the forum in the time of ancient Greece, people have been yelling at each other about how best to accomplish things. This led to the birth of three sorts of people.

Demagogues: These are the people who would use emotions to try and stir up a need for change for either self-benefit, or benefit for their associates. Rather than appealing to the intellectual practicality of matters they will make irrational and unnecessary changes to things. The closest translation of this today is in the form of people who want "**** marriage" implemented in games where marriage/relationships are possible. They stir up controversy when the simple solution is that one person can create a male, and the other a female.

Patriots: The people who feel as if their current system is the best in the world, and damned if anyone else says otherwise. An example of this would be the people who question if players deserve anything besides "the 'privilege'" of testing the range of the artillery for closed-beta . These people are also quickest to forgive any overt accidents by the administration (I.E. Admins) and quick to dismiss their folly with "Well, it's a free game dammit!" or "If you don't like this game, GTFO!". (They are not complaining about the whole game, just a small aspect)

Critic: These are the people who try to find small problems in things and must complain about a plethora of things. They may or may not be right, but on either account they have to complain about it. However, they are not complaining because of a personal reason, they complain because there is a slight problem that they notice at one particular instance at one particular time, usually picked up by "skimming" a argument, for example, a flamer will flame me for the jab about France earlier on and will not bother to read this far without hitting the "post button" and typing out a very long reason why the French are not flamers.

In essence, there is a balance to be had. If this balance were upset the side effects would be catastrophic.

"Why don't we send all the flamers to France?"

They are at their loading capacity, we haven't the heart...
Plus, imagine what would happen if the other two factions (you know who you are) were to seize control of the Perfect World forums... I can see it as if it were a story about Bob..

Once upon a time a boy named Bob, who played Perfect World, got on to the forums to see how it was. Instead of seeing the problems with the game explained in a comedic fashion, he was stunned to learn that it was full of reasons why **** people should be allowed to create super lazers mounted on their backs incase someone was oppressing them. Because flamers were not there to laugh at this, the demagogues slowly replaced the flamers in influence and through emotional appeals and mass demonstrations they were able to coerce the populace that remained (the patriots) that it was the best way to serve their admin overlords by a full-scale coup d'etat. The slaughter was so great that the only health bars visible were those of Chuck Norris and Bruce Lee. Finally through the death of thousands of players, the GMs capitulate once more to the demands of the Demagogues and Perfect World goes spiraling into anarchy. The sad part of the story? Bob is unable to learn all this, because all the posts on the forums are titled:
"perf3ct w0rld r liek b3st g4m 3v3r."

Truly, what a terrible world this would be...

"Do you hate the ****-rights people on the forums and the people who feel that CB testing was not to prove to the GMs that we are devoted to them and want to have their babies?"

No, I am using them as an example, however, they do seem to define their ancient counter parts quite well, and so I used them as examples, if you are truly offended by the story above, change every jab at **** and CB-lovers to Barney, and Power Rangers.

-Yours,
Dr . Bean
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Men are at war with each other because each man is at war with himself." ~Francis Meehan
Post edited by beans on

Comments

• beans
    edited August 2008
    Reserved for further compilation and add-on's as needed.

-Yours,
    Dr .Bean
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Men are at war with each other because each man is at war with himself." ~Francis Meehan
  • itch
    itch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Another useless flame-ready thread. *sigh*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sealed
    sealed Posts: 781
    edited August 2008
    itch wrote: »
    Another useless flame-ready thread. *sigh*

Thats what I'm thinking too:(

sealed~
  • xauss
    xauss Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    didnt think magic mushrooms were in season yet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    xauss wrote: »
    didnt think magic mushrooms were in season yet

I want whatever he's getting high off of.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • trick
    trick Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    im a patriot :)
  • xanados
    xanados Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    You forgot Grammar ****'s too ;)
    Syndacus L. 31 Stoneman Protector - 1250 Patk
    Dingleberry L. 14 Marksman
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    oh snap....tl;dr for me this time 3;
  • ambie
    ambie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    But I like being random...*whimpers*
  • junk
    junk Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited August 2008
  • anima
    anima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Glad to see all of the famous faces of PWI forum here... Wait, where is our beloved RQ Clan?
    Why...so...serious?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    anima wrote: »
    Wait, where is our beloved RQ Clan?

*point at T0yo*
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • ambie
    edited August 2008
    karmelia wrote: »
    *point at T0yo*

t0yo ish meh sister.
    *points also at t0yo*
  • anima
    edited August 2008
    t0yo is their carebear, isn't he? and since when he is a she ??
    *skim again*
    *found itch*
    Suggestion to mystic: All RQ mems must have a barcode picture on their sig for easier varification.
    Why...so...serious?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ambie
    edited August 2008
    t0yo is their carebear, isn't he? and since when he is a she ??
    *skim again*
    *found itch*
    Suggestion to mystic: All RQ mems must have a barcode picture on their sig for easier varification.

:0 t0yo doesnt needa be a she to be my sister. So says I.
  • anima
    edited August 2008
    *shocked, run away*
    Sry Mr. Bean for trashing in your Treatise. Really apologize for it.
    Why...so...serious?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    d(>_>)b
    Whats with everyone pointing at meh D:

It clearly says in my signature "Ragequit's Carebear" anima D:
    *smiles at amb* >:3 Best Sisters Forever :3

• beans
    edited August 2008
    *shocked, run away*
    Sry Mr. Bean for trashing in your Treatise. Really apologize for it.

It's 'k I forgive you because having back and forth discussions is a good way to build up post count, however, I feel that the fewer posts you have, the better off you will be, many people who post too much tend to make a lot of enemies.

-Yours,
    Dr. Bean
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • infrequentia
    infrequentia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Oh snap, flamebait. o:
  • nounours
    nounours Posts: 453
    edited August 2008
    mystic is down...
    After what happened yesterday...
    (#chek guild forum#)
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    nounours wrote: »
    mystic is down...
    After what happened yesterday...
    (#chek guild forum#)

I really feel sorry for you... but loling at you anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • elite
    elite Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    isnt this flaming?
  • ragingwind
    ragingwind Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    beans wrote: »
    It's 'k I forgive you because having back and forth discussions is a good way to build up post count, however, I feel that the fewer posts you have, the better off you will be, many people who post too much tend to make a lot of enemies.

-Yours,
    Dr. Bean
    I don't have a lot of enemies. :rolleyes:

*notices a horde staring him down*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oo7
    oo7 Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I really encourage that you settle this issue in game. Please do it in a duel or PK-ing form. Don't humiliate yourself more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I will be your angel
    Protecting you from heaven
  • felixomni
    felixomni Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    That is an absurd suggestion. Fight words with words.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    IGN:Nepheneee