How do i actually PLAY it?

Options
cuffmup
cuffmup Posts: 16 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
I just downloaded it and extracted it and everything, and now i dont know how to actually play the game. It doesnt show up in my programs or have an icon on my desktop. I deleted many programs to make space for this game, how do i get to play it? :confused:
Post edited by cuffmup on

Comments

• embl3m
    embl3m Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    cuffmup wrote: »
    I just downloaded it and extracted it and everything, and now i dont know how to actually play the game. It doesnt show up in my programs or have an icon on my desktop. I deleted many programs to make space for this game, how do i get to play it? :confused:

You could always try installing the game after you extract it.
  • cuffmup
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ah. Well, ive never downloaded a game before, so i was confused. lol

Now, i tried installing it but data4.pck is broken, how can i get this to work?
  • embl3m
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Poor 1/2 a Cup of water directly on your motherboard.
  • cuffmup
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Okay, i installed it finally, now what?
  • blazmeen
    blazmeen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Look for your pwi client icon, launcher.exe (orange box) on your desktop or "start menu/programs/perfect world"
    or in C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\launcher (or just search "launcher.exe" if you don't know where you installed pwi), double click it and the rest will come to you.
  • demonangel
    demonangel Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ok im not good at any of this compiter stuff so iv tryd the stuff i actualy know and that hasent worked how can i play
  • embl3m
    edited August 2008
    Options
    embl3m wrote: »
    Poor 1/2 a Cup of water directly on your motherboard.

10 characters
  • apella
    apella Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    IF you have just installed the game, there's a shortcut on your desktop, just double click it, and you'll be at the launcher. That will patch the game. When it's all patched up, you can press "play" and then you're in the game itself.

And I'm sorry, but if now you still fail at running it (assuming you actually installed it), I think it might be best for you to either buy a book about the beginnings of how to work with a computer, or just leave the whole computer-thing alone (actually, I should do that second thing a bit more, reading can be fun sometimes).
  • demonangel
    demonangel Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    it sais i havent donloded the game yet or atlest it dosent show it. can i donlode it if i have windose vista
  • apella
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Demonangel: You still have to download the game if you want to play it. What OS (Operating System, the things like Vista, XP etc. ) you use is of no importance to that (except if you use an OS that the game doesn't support, but that's no problem for you, Vista is ok). Read the stickies on the top of the forum pages, they contain all the info you need how to get the game, install it and get your account up for playing it.
    (Really, it's in there, the only thing you have to do is read it, you don't even have to bother making posts, just use those eyes you have.
  • cuffmup
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Well, i got everything figured out. Now i just need the beta key and the ability to log in :( lol
  • apella
    edited August 2008
    Options
    cuffmup wrote: »
    Well, i got everything figured out. Now i just need the beta key and the ability to log in :( lol

read my previous post, read the stickies, it stands there: "Where can I get a Beta Key and how do I use it?"
    I mean, really...
    You can find the stickies on the General Discussion part of the forums, here:http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4