hay.... hay..... hay!

Options
stonesaint
stonesaint Posts: 2
edited September 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
no not a typo- I cant find any hay and it is driving me a little crazy. Tortoises dont give me any when I have been killing then for over 2 hours so I am a bit frazzled to say the least- come on PW let it be an easier drop aargh.
A hem I feel better now that is off my chest.

Have a good time on and off here people.

Stonesaint

:mad:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• saindrake
    saindrake Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ahah, alright it seem green grass turned into hay in here? alright, well i can only say - turtles do drop RARELY, so i'd advise trying out those horned pigs at ~20 lev and 30lev antilopes, and better stock up high on it cause on lev 70s you're gonna need 50 more XD have fun now
    by order of the inquisition you are NOT allowed to die in my vicinity, ill make sure to that
  • stonesaint
    stonesaint Posts: 2
    edited September 2008
    Options
    saindrake wrote: »
    ahah, alright it seem green grass turned into hay in here? alright, well i can only say - turtles do drop RARELY, so i'd advise trying out those horned pigs at ~20 lev and 30lev antilopes, and better stock up high on it cause on lev 70s you're gonna need 50 more XD have fun now

Thank you for that post I really appreciate it
    :)
  • sharada
    sharada Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    sorry for the revive of an old thread, but where are these mobs?
  • adola
    adola Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    More info I thought would be good for this thread, I have also had hay drop from the enemy's on the West bank of the river of tranquillity!
  • angisinopa
    angisinopa Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Ah, good luck with this! I just finished this quest a few days ago. I actually did it by farming the level eight tortoises in the river. They spawn in little 5-6 number groups - try going far down the river towards the pool - there are fewer people there.

I don't think there is any particular pattern to drops - they are just few and far between. When I was level eight and around there, I actually charmed one of the tortoises and used it as a pet whilst fighting to kill faster.

The only thing I can say is that patience is key here... don't cave in and spend way too much gold on buying it from people who are overcharging. In the end, I spread it out over about four days doing a couple hours at a time and it wasn't too bad... of course, I'm also used to farming in FFXI where everything quest related is this much of a pain to get. ^^

(oh, good to know - I even got a double hay drop on one mob! good luck to be sure, but still refreshing to know, I'd think...)

So good luck to you on this, and any other Venos who need to finish this one!
  • sharada
    sharada Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I've found that monsters with incresed speed or the like tend to drop more! It's not always a sure thing, but in my experience in this quest, that is what I found!
  • namika
    namika Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    You should try this site to find the best mobs for drops http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/ has you can see the drop rate varies alot between mobs for the same items. but ya Antylops are best since they have almost a 20+% drop rate on that specific items compare to turtles witch has what 5%, ( ok those numbers may not be accurate but from experience they were still a good indication for what best to hunt )
    IGN: Namika
    Lvl: 30
    Class: Venomancer
    Server: Heaven's Tear (PVE)
    Guild: None