Cb: Serious Problems

Options
seph2
seph2 Posts: 40 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
There are several in game problems in CB.
Some are problems and some are "un-user friendly" options.

1. Most obvious for Cleric Class. Healing does not apply immediately after you select a person. This meaning = if you are in a party as a cleric, you click on one of your party member and heal him rightaway (done in one motion) you will NOT heal the person. Instead you will heal yourself. Most experienced cleric does healing and buffing in one motion. Therefore you will have to wait for half a second or longer to heal or buff the correct target.

2. Game Lag, it's very very obvious, PVE, if I attack a mob, made a successful hit, mob's life will NOT go down after half or 1 second later. With all due respect, if any host want to host MMOs, this should be the game thing, you want to eliminate. This will be a very serious problem. It is very often that my skills will be "interrupted" because I have already killed a mob and the Mob still look alive for me to use skills.

3. As for ANY BUFF, there are NO descriptions. Ex. Life Increase Buff from Barbarian. How much life increase, what lvl is the buff, I mean how would I know if one person have better buff than the other in a party??? How can a Cleric know when Cleric have a lot of buffs to do? It is kind of anony. This is prolly fall under "un-user friendly"

4. As most Elf noticed since Elf can fly rightaway. If a elf drop down from "flying" from a very high up altitude, you will not land on the ground, instead you will be floating in the mid air. THIS IS A GLITCH FOR ARCHERS, stay in mid air while your attack should have same damage as on the ground while most mobs canNOT attack you.

5. I think, can't remember right. After lv 20 or 15, you will get a notice saying "congrats......you can use world channel..and TRADING CHANNEL" Trade channel is for lv30 and up therefore the notice is wrong. Do quite remember cus I usually just click ok right away LOL.

There are several others but I just can't remember them all.
I am very sure, GAME LAG and Heal Buff LAG will be a serious problem when this game go in OB or even out alive. I am most anony by them too. Please Fix the Problem~~
Post edited by seph2 on

Comments

• hxx
    hxx Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Where do you live? You shouldn't have lag problems living in the US. Go try out PW-MY before you complain about the lag. I can say that the lag here is atleast 3x better than PW-MY for people living outside of Malayasia.
  • djtav0
    djtav0 Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Ok..
    for 1. its hard to believe that they will change the skill delay, because its a thing that its from the game and it was the same as all the versions. This game apart from cooldown and casting time, has a "chanting time" which will make your skills take more time to be used, i know that is annoying, but at least in this version the pain is not as much as Malay version.

2. I agree, lot of times when you kill a mob you will get hit 1 time after the mob died, or when you hit it you have to wait for some time to see its healing bar correct. And again, this is a common problem of the game, and it happened at other versions too, like i said before, at least at this version that "lag" isnt that annoying. But its hard to believe that they will change it, because like i said before, if they wanna change it, they would need to reprogram some things.

3. Agree 100%, but you should know some tricks to know when you should buff ppl, like throwing urself buffs before buffing ppl, so when the buffs dissapear from you, you know that its time to buff again.

4. That may be a glitch, but its known that from air, if you are trying to hit land mobs, you will do lesser damage, its part of the game and its ok.

5. That may be correct to.
  • vigor
    vigor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Can't comment on other things but I do agree with lag problem. It's quite annoying. My friend from Canada also lags in hours when there are usually the most people online.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lost City
  • tinkus
    tinkus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I agree about the slight lag. It's noticable, but you can learn to anticipate it. I live in North Carolina and get an average ping of 125 ms. It's not gamebreaking for me, but others might not be able to tolerate it.

All part of beta testing, right?
  • trick
    trick Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    the lag is real, i have a bran new computer i just put together and a 15mb net connection, and live in the states. i have the same problem, right away when u click a spell, theres a little bit of lag until u can see it cast, ur when u attack a mob, there's a little bit of lag before his health decreases, i gets kind of annoying, but im already used to it. lol. this game has a lot of bugs, errors that need to be fixed, we have high standards for MMO's in america, the dev's need to know that.. this game has to be very good for us to accept it, shouldnt be any lag.... i cant even tell you how many times ive been stuck on the terrain.. lol im not gunna cry about PW, its a lot of fun, in fact gunna go play it right now :) its a good game, has a lot of potential, just needs some work.
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Why did you posted that same message in 3 locations on the forums?
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • vigor
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Just wanted to add that there was no lag at all the first few days of closed beta. It started lagging after a few days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lost City
  • t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    vigor wrote: »
    Just wanted to add that there was no lag at all the first few days of closed beta. It started lagging after a few days.

Same with me but I'm from Italy. More specifically Malta.
    Ping is ~250 ms but seems to actually lag more. Mostly when targeting and if using skill binds. Basically I can't any more, just like in pw-my
  • hxx
    hxx Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    vigor wrote: »

Hmm, I only played on the 2nd day of CB. So it's more laggy now? I'll have to log on and see tonight.
  • lipe124
    lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    pretty much all the "problems" listed by OP is lag.

You can see what buffs somone has under their name if you select them. The party display needs more space to display buffs tho, I think the limit is 4 or something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
  • kuailiang
    kuailiang Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I did notice a slight difference in lag from the beginning of the CB up to now. It's nothing major since my ping is 98ms but someone across the world could very well end up with lag similar to MY-EN. Boost your server and connection PWE! Or split your people, it's crowded xD
  • rzx
    rzx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    As a cleric I can say the targeting lag issue is a real pain. I'll target someone buff or heal them and it buffs or heals me. Something like that in pvp is just, well bad. The game is fun but stuff like that reminds me I'm playing F2P and I rather go pay for something that's going to function correctly, rather than deal with this "lag" or whatever. And that's exactly what I'll be doing when Warhammer comes out. This game is fun though, sucks it has to lag like this or I'd play it on the side.
  • ragingwind
    ragingwind Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Yeah, there is a problem with the servers/connection/lag. I just got a disconnect after only a few minutes of playing. (Yes, my internet connection is reliable.) I guess the CB paid off, after all. >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • infrequentia
    infrequentia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I agree with number one. It's highly annoying to try and target a person and it doesn't actually target at once, but after a second or so.

And not being able to see timers on buffs that you have on you or on your party member is quite annoying too, as it's always nice to know when it's time to rebuff.
  • orange188
    orange188 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Keep in mind when the game goes to OB the other two servers will come up. So if its caused by just a big player base, it'll be cut in half most likely. This is jamming all the people who want to play on PvE onto the PVP servers.
  • vigor
    edited August 2008
    Options
    orange188 wrote: »
    Keep in mind when the game goes to OB the other two servers will come up. So if its caused by just a big player base, it'll be cut in half most likely. This is jamming all the people who want to play on PvE onto the PVP servers.

Actually no....Only 2 servers will be up at first
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lost City
  • orange188
    orange188 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Ok then, when they DO open them.
  • usaboy91
    usaboy91 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    he is right ..
    lol

u atk monster...u kill him , and after he dies he hits you :| i played a lot of games from asia , north and south america but never happened this **** bug so..

and about clerics..is right..i was healing my party member ..i cliked on him and my char healed me lol..than i had to wait 20-30 secs to heal him
  • pxragez0r
    pxragez0r Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    1. Most obvious for Cleric Class. Healing does not apply immediately after you select a person. This meaning = if you are in a party as a cleric, you click on one of your party member and heal him rightaway (done in one motion) you will NOT heal the person. Instead you will heal yourself. Most experienced cleric does healing and buffing in one motion. Therefore you will have to wait for half a second or longer to heal or buff the correct target.

its called key macro. google it.

2. Game Lag, it's very very obvious, PVE, if I attack a mob, made a successful hit, mob's life will NOT go down after half or 1 second later. With all due respect, if any host want to host MMOs, this should be the game thing, you want to eliminate. This will be a very serious problem. It is very often that my skills will be "interrupted" because I have already killed a mob and the Mob still look alive for me to use skills.

zzz. seige war = lag fest. pvp = lagg based.. archer PVE = lagg based.. I think I like lag.

3. As for ANY BUFF, there are NO descriptions. Ex. Life Increase Buff from Barbarian. How much life increase, what lvl is the buff, I mean how would I know if one person have better buff than the other in a party??? How can a Cleric know when Cleric have a lot of buffs to do? It is kind of anony. This is prolly fall under "un-user friendly"

google translate -> http://images.17173.com/w2i/ziliaopian/jns/talent_yumang.htm

4. As most Elf noticed since Elf can fly rightaway. If a elf drop down from "flying" from a very high up altitude, you will not land on the ground, instead you will be floating in the mid air. THIS IS A GLITCH FOR ARCHERS, stay in mid air while your attack should have same damage as on the ground while most mobs canNOT attack you.

i like it. multijump glitch in air = 1-2 hits on mob without them getting to you.

5. I think, can't remember right. After lv 20 or 15, you will get a notice saying "congrats......you can use world channel..and TRADING CHANNEL" Trade channel is for lv30 and up therefore the notice is wrong. Do quite remember cus I usually just click ok right away LOL.

never use trade channel :/

There are several others but I just can't remember them all.
    I am very sure, GAME LAG and Heal Buff LAG will be a serious problem when this game go in OB or even out alive. I am most anony by them too. Please Fix the Problem~~

nah. im fine with the lag as its right now, so much better than MY. probably only cus its CB and ADC isn't flooded with afk shop bots..
    ~ hungry for c00kies ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ishtori
    ishtori Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Before talking about lag there are a few things you need to understand:

1. This game's skill is designed to have channeling/chanting time, and of course the animation also take time. For faster skills, channeling time is usually under 1 second, but as a human being you are not very good at perceive fraction of a second, and you end up perceiving "1 second". This make you think the skill "lag" but it is working the way it is intended to. If it is not instant cast skill unless the channeling time is zero.

2. This game is a bit graphically demanding, especially when it comes to certain effect like water effect, water reflection, and high shadow (with long sight range). Depend on your computer spec, you might think the game "lagged" when you turn everything all the way up, but in fact it is your computer and graphic cards that couldn't keep up. (New computer doesn't always mean it works well, check the amount of RAM, the type of video card, and the compatibility of your hardware/driver)
    Unless your computer can run the game very smoothly with highest setting on everything, you cannot rule out the fact that it is graphic lag or processing lag from your computer.

3. For the issue such as Air to Ground damage. That is part of game's design, why on earth would a game allow mob to not able to damage you just because you are in mid air? There is something called game balance, if monster cannot hit you at all just because you are flying, then why would we need melee class, lets just all play archer and mages. It is the same reason for PvP

4. The buff/healing, delayed HP bar, and issues with wrong descrption on which level a channel is available, now these are actual problems. However, either you convince them to fix it or live with it, or even stop playing if it really bothers you alot. All you can do is put it in suggestion, and hope with enough people backing you, the dev might consider doing something about it, but considering how MY-EN and other versions remained the same way, I'd say the chance for change is slim.