Open Beta what have you learned and what will you change

f4ding
f4ding Posts: 111 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
This thread is simple. What class did you choose in closed beta? Will you use the same class in open beta? What will you change about how you statted the character if you use the same class and what have you learned about it? Finally if you will choose a new class for open beta what class will it be and why?
Post edited by f4ding on

Comments

• ganja
    ganja Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    f4ding wrote: »
    This thread is simple. What class did you choose in closed beta? Will you use the same class in open beta? What will you change about how you statted the character if you use the same class and what have you learned about it? Finally if you will choose a new class for open beta what class will it be and why?

Well i'll go archer, and I made 2 archers actually.
    2 different builds, 4dex 1str and another one min str & dex rest to vit.

I actually saw that the 2nd build (Min str/dex rest to vit) was better.
    Higher survabilty, very good build for someone new to the game, and the dmg wasnt that BIG between builds, obviously I dont have the same speed in killing a mob as a 4dex build but even so, if I did 250 with the 4dex build I did 180 with the other one.

And no, I wont be making others classes in OB, I fell in love of that archer.
  • kuailiang
    kuailiang Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    For the Closed Beta, I chose a Wizard and I intend to use the same class for the Open Beta. Thanks to the lack of skill delays, I can level up a Wizard without eating hierograms; I've learned that kiting is far easier here and as such, I will roll a full int Wizard rather than a Light Armor ^^
  • f4ding
    f4ding Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Thats also what i am doing i had a WF on PW-MY because with the skill delay a full INT mage was out of the question but i played long enough on closed beta here to notice the skill delay did not come with game so full int mage for me
  • t0yo
    t0yo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Strength Venomancer
  • showharu
    showharu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I learned I will kick ****:D, I will change nothing:p
  • lipe124
    lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    You can't really base your descision on a lvl 30 char. Things change so much at higher lvls, I used to have a str fox until lvl60 and really enjoyed it, but then when i got higher it started to suck.

At least the game has restat scrolls :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
  • tyddraig
    tyddraig Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I hav learned tht CB aren't that great because you are not actually guaranteed you'll get to bloody play it damn Patching problem :(
  • erado
    erado Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i have played enough of the malaysian server,so i didnt learn a whole lot, just a few things about building a barbarian
  • piebandit
    piebandit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    made a wizard and decided I hate them D:

so back to making an EP :D
  • devotion
    devotion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    pure agi ea... like always
    I like to rub it in. Enjoying the game?
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=1810092&postcount=6
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3518732&postcount=17
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=3986762&postcount=6
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pxragez0r
    pxragez0r Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ganja wrote: »
    Well i'll go archer, and I made 2 archers actually.
    2 different builds, 4dex 1str and another one min str & dex rest to vit.

I actually saw that the 2nd build (Min str/dex rest to vit) was better.
    Higher survabilty, very good build for someone new to the game, and the dmg wasnt that BIG between builds, obviously I dont have the same speed in killing a mob as a 4dex build but even so, if I did 250 with the 4dex build I did 180 with the other one.

And no, I wont be making others classes in OB, I fell in love of that archer.

high survivability = 1.5 hits from a mage KO vs 2 hits from a mage KO = exactly the same.
    no matter what you're screwed in 1v1 pvp if you talk about HP.

Min dex = no 1 hit KO mages when they can 2 hit KO you with ease.. worst idea i've ever heard.
    min dex = low **** critical = Epic Fail.

GG.
    ~ hungry for c00kies ~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nounours
    nounours Posts: 453
    edited August 2008
    Made a Wizard and love it!
  • gawaine
    gawaine Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Made a blademaster first..but you know when OB starts EVERYONE will be that..so i am goin with a damage cleric, but if all else fails healy is always needed