For All Those Hoo Cant Log In !!!

pwntacious
pwntacious Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Support Desk
ok so here im new too and it seems like the GM's(game masters) or w/e are having problem with this seems like evry new acc made today cant login so wait till they fix this and stop spamming the forumns -.- TY !:D;):)
Post edited by pwntacious on

Comments

• paz
    paz Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Can we have an estimation of when this will be fixed? I'm anxious to get started. :) I don't expect you to know, of course, but if anyone would like to reply with their two cents, it'd be appreciated.
  • teishou
    teishou Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I think that as nothing short of odd... What bad luck.
  • cheesecake
    cheesecake Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I don't think we're really trying to spam the forum but this problem isn't a little thing either, its BIG problem for us. I at least ask for an update on progress. I don't like GM who keep their members out of the loop as to whats happening and what they are going to do

but thats just me
  • teishou
    teishou Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    When I log in, the game times out. *tilts head* Don't know what to do about time outs.
  • wap
    wap Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i just made the account and when i try to log in it keep saying Inccorrect Pw or User name but it work fine on the website but i still can't log in. well hopefully they patch them cause alot of people will uninstall the game when they can't log in.
  • brendam
    brendam Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    yes same problems happening to me, i have change 5 times my password and always "incorrect login or password" :( but i can wait ;)
  • rabit
    rabit Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Yeah same here. The game looks very fun. Can't wait. Although we cannot really be angry lol it is a beta release and a closed one at that so were not like those lazy ppl who only do open betas ;). We just have to be patient you know. No biggy, I just hope they can fix the problem so I can try this beast out.
  • hannahh
    hannahh Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I created my account today and was able to log in no problem. :confused:

Did you all apply beta keys to your account?
  • rabit
    rabit Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    That we did, at least I did, I cannot log in and all my stuff is in order. Is the server up for you like right now?
  • hannahh
    hannahh Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    rabit wrote: »
    That we did, at least I did, I cannot log in and all my stuff is in order. Is the server up for you like right now?

Aye aye. :D
  • paz
    edited August 2008
    Well, I suppose I'll try it a few more times today....

Is there any news on the solution to this problem?
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Please post the method which you used to arrive at our website.

Did a friend directly link you?
    Did you click on a link?
    Did you click on an ad?

These answers will help us narrow down the problem and fix what needs to be fixed. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • azurik
    azurik Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i downloaded yesterday and got a key from mmoabc and like many others have the incorrect user name or password problem, i found this game from an ad on another game site, i think it was shartak. the link took me to another site but i didnt download from there, i proceded to the main web site! any info on what the problem is would be great.....i cant wait to get on and see what this game has to offer, looks awsome!!!
  • elfanor
    elfanor Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    So registering at the website isnt enough? Really need a beta key as well?
  • xarfox
    edited August 2008
    azurik wrote: »
    i downloaded yesterday and got a key from mmoabc and like many others have the incorrect user name or password problem, i found this game from an ad on another game site, i think it was shartak. the link took me to another site but i didnt download from there, i proceded to the main web site! any info on what the problem is would be great.....i cant wait to get on and see what this game has to offer, looks awsome!!!

azurik, I'm assuming that you applied that key you received from mmoabc via your account information page? Is this correct? ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • azurik
    edited August 2008
    that would be correct!
  • xarfox
    edited August 2008
    Please try changing your password to something that is 8 characters or less.

Post your results here.

We are trying a variety of things to resolve this issue, but require some of you guys to test out some possible solutions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pwbeta
    pwbeta Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Just a shot in the dark, but where did you guys download the client from, what link did you follow from the downloads section?
  • morgol
    morgol Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    hannahh wrote: »
    I created my account today and was able to log in no problem. :confused:

Did you all apply beta keys to your account?

I think I did.
  • azurik
    edited August 2008
    xarfox wrote: »
    Please try changing your password to something that is 8 characters or less.

Post your results here.

We are trying a variety of things to resolve this issue, but require some of you guys to test out some possible solutions.

i tried changing my password to a 6 char and an 8 char and still no luck!
  • faeriebratty
    faeriebratty Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    well i still cant log into the game...-.- i have a beta key, changed my password and my firewall settings....-.-

im getting mad...
  • paz
    edited August 2008
    I used the Direct Download option, and then I ran into some issues there so I used a uTorrent Download...then tried the Direct Download option again, and that's the one I was finally able to install, but couldn't log into.
  • kethel
    kethel Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    The issue seems to be something about accounts created/activated yesterday. I for one came from an add banner located at The Keep, and proceeded to look around, create an account, go to the MMO place and get a beta key, apply it, make sure I got the green message for the beta key activation instead of the red one... Downloaded the client while I slept and today cannot log in.

I'm not sure if it will help or not, but i also noticed while registering on the website it takes you to

/register.perfectword.com/register

However when using the 'account' button on the PWI update client it takes you too

/register.perfectworld.com/account

abbreviated links, of course just an example for you to see the difference between the two. Now, I'm not sure if this is a problem or not, but it could be possible that the game client is looking for our usernames/profiles under /account while they're actually stored in /register?
  • cuffmup
    cuffmup Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I made my account today (technically yesterday) and when i log in it says "log in timeout 40 seconds" and counts upwards to 20 and then says it could not connect.

Whats going on?
  • kethel
    kethel Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    cuffmup wrote: »
    I made my account today (technically yesterday) and when i log in it says "log in timeout 40 seconds" and counts upwards to 20 and then says it could not connect.

Whats going on?

From the sounds of your issue, you're most likely trying to log into one of the two servers that are not available yet.

The only two you can log into are

Lost City

and

Eatherblade

Not sure on the spelling of the second one, but both are the PvP servers for East/West. The PvE servers are not released yet in closed beta.
  • cuffmup
    cuffmup Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Thanks. And i also need a beta key?
  • kobayne
    kobayne Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    For the benefit of the admin, I found the client through an mmoabc ad too. Signed there, then came here, tried to apply the beta key but was told I already had access. No joy logging in.
  • kornfreak86
    kornfreak86 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Hey guys, i'm having the same invalid username/password issue...

EDIT: OK, YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDIN ME... JUST POSTED THE BIGGEST POST OF MY ENTIRE LIFE ABOUT THIS ISSUE AND IT JUST POSTED "Hey guys, i'm having the same invalid username/password issue..."

k, F*** this, i'm not even going to bother with this c*** until it's fixed.. not logging into the game was bad... but this made me totally sick..

see you guys in-game when it's fixed.
  • gung
    gung Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I created an account first, then went and got the beta key. I applied the beta key and that went well. :D I'm almost done downloading the client. I went with the direct download method. I'll post here with the results.

Hope all goes well. :)
  • gung
    gung Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    :( Well, so far I have to do it again. Files were corrupt. :(
This discussion has been closed.