Werebeast vs. EP, need help deciding

coriolis
coriolis Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hello,

I've started playing this game on the PW:I servers, and I'm wondering which class I want to go for when the OB starts. I've read a bunch of stuff about these two classes and played them to level 14/19 in the CB but I'm still not sure which one I want to go with. I'm mostly interested in group PvE, and TW (don't really care about duels/pking). I'm also not really planning on spending much money, so I guess money making ability is pretty important. So my questions are:

1) Which one is faster to solo with? Up to lvl 19, it seems like EP is, does that continue? Or is it not much of a difference when you factor in resting for mana/hp.

2) Also from what I've read it seems like EP needs hiero's to AOE grind later on, while WB doesn't... true? What about dungeons?

3) Which one is more interesting to play in a group - from what I understand EP in group mainly just means spamming one heal (the HoT) all the time.. which sounds a bit boring. Is that true (or is that late-game heal mix things up), and is WB any better?

4) More general question - can you make good money from doing dungeon runs with a decent guild, or is solo grinding much better?

5) Simple question... which one can move around faster, or does it not matter one you get flying at lvl 30? I like crafting but I hate moving around the world slowly while trying to pick herbs/mines hehe.

Ok, that's about it for now, hopefully someone can answer some of these. Thanks a bunch.
Post edited by coriolis on

Comments

• magnusnordir
    magnusnordir Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    It's not a werebeast, it's a ****ING BARBARIAN

jesus ****, get used to it, this isn't the MY version and the names are staying the way they are you ****ing idiots
  • coriolis
    edited August 2008
    Dude you need to take your pills and relax.

Barbarian, werebeast, cleric, priest, whatever it is. I'm mostly interested in opinions from people who've played the game before.
  • wargasm
    wargasm Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    1) EP is fastest to level from level 1 to 100. I had a level 71 EP and a level 89 WB and trust me i spent alot more time on the barbarian for the level because basically when everyone zhen you have to work harder and lure, EP's can just stay there and watch exp come.

2) EP's dont aoe grind at all, WB are good at it, best race for aoe grind is the WR cause they have more aoe skills hence no reload time.

3) WB is the funnest by far, like only 10% the players play it and youre always asked to do dungeons = exp + youre a freaking tank nobody can kill expcept pure int mage or kiter EA that sux hard :( Actually pvp wise the WB sux lawl just in group PVP they own.

4) Yes.

5) Depends of your armor, EP with magical armor gets 20% speed bonus, wb with tank armor runs 20% slower. But WB has tiger transform so hes the fastest sprinter in the game by far.
    :DBFME2 on PW (Oracle lv 89WB+lv 71EP):D
    wargasm1 on FFR rank top 200/1.5 million players
    :):p:)TO JOIN PVE GUILD PM ME:):p:)
    ===============================
    Are you gonna bark all day, little doggie? Or are you gonna bite?
  • coriolis
    edited August 2008
    Thanks alot wargasm. I didn't realize armor changed your speed.

For your answer to 2) though, don't priests have to have a mana heiro to heal during AoE grinding? I'm worried having to buy hiero's all the time is going to get expensive, and I want to know which class has it worse with that.
  • faruxue
    faruxue Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    coriolis wrote: »
    Thanks alot wargasm. I didn't realize armor changed your speed.

For your answer to 2) though, don't priests have to have a mana heiro to heal during AoE grinding? I'm worried having to buy hiero's all the time is going to get expensive, and I want to know which class has it worse with that.

Armors dont change your speed, only the ones that have +0.2m/s movement that will give you faster speed. No armor in the game will slow your speed.
    EPs are the slowest runners in the game at 4.8m/s, WBs start off at 4.9m/s but maxed tiger transform goes at 7.1m/s.
    ULTIMATE TOPIC:
    See 3 RQ get owned by 1 WB
    copy and paste onto your web link
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=33421
  • wargasm
    edited August 2008
    armors do change speed.

and during aoe grinding normal potting is cheaper than using mp fu
  • faruxue
    faruxue Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    wargasm wrote: »
    armors do change speed.

and during aoe grinding normal potting is cheaper than using mp fu

Got any prove of that?

after level 70, you can zhen with lvl 70 blue pots only if you're an EP or MG.
    ULTIMATE TOPIC:
    See 3 RQ get owned by 1 WB
    copy and paste onto your web link
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=33421
  • wargasm
    edited August 2008
    lv 70 mp pots are from drops because they're not at any market.
    lv 60+ zhen is made with FU+ pots especially low mp EA who messed their build but thats another story. If you go EP go light armor for the win if you go WB make sure you that that there are 2 builds possible :

Consti // Tank
    or
    Agi // PK // TW (Sick build with proper gear in the 9x but it sux before 9x)

Funner is consti :P

i dont suggest hybrid not with WB it would mess it up you need to specialize will you tank bosses and do HH, etc...
  • axton
    axton Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    dude just take some time to look at the races and the classes and then choose the best of choice and dont worry bout ur health thats y they made cleric:big grin:
  • axton
    axton Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    dude just take some time to look at the races and the classes and then choose the best of choice and dont worry bout ur health thats y they made cleric:D
  • wargasm
    edited August 2008
    this is when you actually found one who knows ep = for healing and not leeching exp.

lol im so negative xD
  • kaeriin
    kaeriin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Pff Ep isnt there just for healing, he is there for healing WHEN HE NEEDS TO (it would help if the tank didnt do anything stupid) because when a full int EP starts dishing dmg, he will be neck to neck with a mage until really high lvls
  • coriolis
    edited August 2008
    heh ok thanks for all the info, I guess I'll go with EP and maybe try WB later if I'm bored.
  • psychosis
    psychosis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    wargasm wrote: »
    lv 70 mp pots are from drops because they're not at any market.

I'm pretty sure those pots, as well as level 80 pots, are available from the Governor of any territory your guild owns.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I sleep with the Zuni Fetish Warrior Doll every night.
  • russel
    russel Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Both classes are expensive.
    When you're in a Dungeon an EP needs to wear MP Hiero and WB needs to wear HP Hiero, otherwise it is very hard to do the HH dungeon and a lot of ppl won't go into dungeon with you if EP and WB don't have Hiero.

The cheapest class to maintain is WF, since it has a pet as tanker and it's magic doesn't eat as much mp as an EP's.
    Lvl 90's WB's are more attractve then lvl90 WF's and EP's though. Lvl90 WB with Hiero is hard to kill in TW, but levelling a WB is slow.