Keep Character names

sakii
sakii Posts: 21 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Suggestion Box
Okay, so here is my idea. Delete all of the character information but the name and create a blank character (maybe like a silhouette or a shadow) that we can just fill in the blanks. This way, we can keep our name without fear of losing it and still be able to change our race and class. Limit each account to keeping one name and have us set the other characters to delete. I think that this is would be a wonderful solution to the character deleting issues.
Look me up, I'm on DA and Gaia .:D
Username: Saki-Zombieslayer
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by sakii on

Comments

• sakii
    edited August 2008
    So....no one has anything to say about my idea? Not even something bad?:confused:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lipe124
    lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I like it.

Save the account data and just wipe all the chars inventory/bank and exp tables.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
  • sakii
    edited August 2008
    lipe124 wrote: »
    I like it.

Save the account data and just wipe all the chars inventory/bank and exp tables.

Thanks. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • felixomni
    felixomni Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I didn't get the name I wanted in CB due to patching issues. I'd like to think I have a chance to get it for open beta.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    IGN:Nepheneee
  • lipe124
    edited August 2008
    uhm there is like 7 char slots, if you want another name just del ur CB char and start a new one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sakii
    edited August 2008
    lipe124 wrote: »
    uhm there is like 7 char slots, if you want another name just del ur CB char and start a new one.

I don't understand what your statement has to do with this topic, or any of the posts in it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Impossible to do : Ethersword going to nothingness and being replaced by Heaven's Tears.

Why would players on Lost City be allowed to keep their names and not those on Ethersword?
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • lipe124
    edited August 2008
    It was just an idea... they can migrate the database to any server they like you know.

The slots thing was for ppl complaining that their names got taken already. Thing is -cant plaese everyone, somone is always going to end up with a "stolen" name. The idea was that CB players get 1st option, and if the char database got migrated to the OB servers they would have that.

Still its unlikely because of the server moves, I for one will goto the pve server and this wouldnt apply to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sakii
    edited August 2008
    karmelia wrote: »
    Impossible to do : Ethersword going to nothingness and being replaced by Heaven's Tears.

Why would players on Lost City be allowed to keep their names and not those on Ethersword?

I wasn't aware that the Etherblade server was being removed.

As Lipe124 said though, they can migrate the database.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sakii
    edited August 2008
    As far as this goes, I believe in first come first serve.

I almost NEVER get my desired username. I someone really wants to have a certain username, then it is up to them to take the initiative and get it before anyone else. When the CB started I got on and grabbed my username before anyone else had the chance. If you don't TRY to be first then you can't really complain.

Not only that but, LIFE ISN'T FAIR. You know those 12 years of school you have to goto (if you are in the USA)? They are a load of **** compared to the real world. Yes you need to take them but, school is closer to a world of happiness and sunshine while the real world is cold and heartless.

In the real world, everybody doesn't win.

Don't be blinded by the world you lived in as a child, the world where nothing mattered and everyone cared, it doesn't exist.

I'm not trying to sound like an @ss or pessimist, I'm just telling you how it is.

Life's a piece of ****, when you look at it.
    Always look on the bright side of life.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    sakii wrote: »
    As Lipe124 said though, they can migrate the database.

Cannot have duplicate names.

So if there are chars named "Naruto" on both servers, after the merge they would end up as "Naruto1" and "Naruto2"???
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Considering how many times they stated they will fully wipe the servers, they have no right leaving your names. Many many people absolutely refused to even touch the CB, preferring to wait for OB.

If you want a name so bad, the only logical option is to convince the gms to allow forum name to act as a reserve. Otherwise, first come first serve.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint