Question about player shops

Options
imaginos
imaginos Posts: 27 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
Over the last couple of days I've played around with the shop thing (the thing that turns you into a Hello Kitty Kiosk, as I call it) in order to sell a few crafted items and crafting materials just to get used to how it works and maybe give a few other players some decent deals on some of the more fantastic armors I've crafted so far, and that brought up a question. If I set up one of these shops and then later exit the game, does the shop remain active? Or do you need to be actively online to keep it running? Thanks. :)
Post edited by imaginos on

Comments

• unki87
    unki87 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Yes, you have to be online to set up a stall and keep it running, if you want to sell something while you're offfline - use Auction Hall.
  • darknin
    darknin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    how do you set up a shop?
  • imaginos
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I see. And where might one find this auction house? I don't believe I've ever run into it. Thanks. :)

Darknin: Press E to bring up the action menu, then under the Trade options you should see a "consignment shop" option. I'm not sure if there's a quick key for it though.
  • magnusnordir
    magnusnordir Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I see. And where might one find this auction house?

Seconded. Also, is it just me or is there a distinct lack of player shops?
  • spark
    spark Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Well there's an auction house person in every major city I believe, just use the npc finder to locate them. Right now there is very little player shops because not enough ppl care since we lose cb characters anyway. Give it time and they will be EVERYWHERE, especially in (what's it called now?) oh yeah Archosaur.
  • psychosis
    psychosis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    imaginos wrote: »
    I see. And where might one find this auction house? I don't believe I've ever run into it. Thanks. :)

You can find the Auctioneer in any large city using the Coordinates Assistant by the mini-map. Just open it and scroll down to "Auctioneer", double-click, and it will mark the Auction NPC on your map.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I sleep with the Zuni Fetish Warrior Doll every night.
  • imaginos
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Cool, I'll have to look for the auctioneer(s) next time I'm on. Thanks for the help. :) Probably not high enough level to be wandering around Ankylosaur just yet though. :D
  • embl3m
    embl3m Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Seconded. Also, is it just me or is there a distinct lack of player shops?

Its closed beta, nobody cares right now. Ive just been NPCing everything i get.

Just wait 2 months into open beta you are gonna cry about how much lag you get from all the shops in west ADC.

And i mean ALOT of lag if you have a **** computer.
  • imaginos
    edited August 2008
    Options
    embl3m wrote: »
    Just wait 2 months into open beta you are gonna cry about how much lag you get from all the shops in west ADC.

I've seen it when I saw a friend playing one of the Malaysian servers. That was crazy--like a sea of Hello Kitties. :eek:
  • khaai
    khaai Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I love the shop center so much! :D:D

Also I want to add that if you log out for a reason (or be disconnected) and log in again, your stall content will be cleared and you have to set up items and prices again. Not that bad, you just need some more time ;)