PKKers for your PKers

Comments

• espionis
    espionis Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Okay, lets be honest. PKKers are practically the same as *some* PKers. They only target one type of person. PKKers only target pkers, so they have an excuse to PK and are probably trying to get items like the very people they are hunting, and try to hide it under "a fist of righteousness". PKers target noobs for items, or to bully!

Of course, this is just the generalization of the PKK/PKers, and only apply to some, and not all.
  • jam3sj
    jam3sj Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    mystic wrote: »
    Good application, only thing that held him back was the age limit. Sorry bro.

Hey like i said no hard feelings, i'll just have to try again in a year
  • ina1166
    ina1166 Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I kill red names for their drops, not because I know I can get the first hit in. When I was 60-something, this 7x WB was randomly killing people near fangs town, I killed him, and he dropped all his HH armor. Thanks, you've saved me countless hours and gold. :]

When a blind wolfman can't beat someone 10 levels lower than him, he's a lame PKer, and deserves death. :]]
    88 FIRE! An "anti-tank" projectile, accompanied by an AC-130 are on their way to ensure insanity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tukkun
    tukkun Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Here is an idea, though it may be late to put it in the game. When I played a different mmorpg, they had it where white named people was neutral, red names were evil, and blue names were good. You get a red name from killing white and blue name people. You get a blue name from only killing red names. Even thought this may rise a warring system of "good vs evil" in a way, this will be more organized.

Then again, this is just my thought and opinion.
  • faruxue
    faruxue Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    That system can be easily abused, i can get a charater red and have my main kill it repeatedly to become blue and farm whatever benifite there are when you're blue name.
    ULTIMATE TOPIC:
    See 3 RQ get owned by 1 WB
    copy and paste onto your web link
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=33421
  • ssrev
    ssrev Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    faruxue wrote: »
    That system can be easily abused, i can get a charater red and have my main kill it repeatedly to become blue and farm whatever benifite there are when you're blue name.

well, in the case of one game I know, when you die with a red name you go to "jail" where you have to do a quest to get out, so getting a blue name wouldnt be as simple as that
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    The pvp system is fine as it is (that is if equipped items can't be dropped when white or flagged...), I don't want to see any ridiculous changes made.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • espionis
    edited August 2008
    Actually, equipped items can be dropped when white. It's just an incredibly low **** percent.
  • faruxue
    faruxue Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    espionis wrote: »
    Actually, equipped items can be dropped when white. It's just an incredibly low **** percent.
    nope, the only way to drop equipped item is to turn red name, and you can only achive that by killing a white name.
    ULTIMATE TOPIC:
    See 3 RQ get owned by 1 WB
    copy and paste onto your web link
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=33421
  • espionis
    edited August 2008
    I'm practically positive whites can drop an item 1% of the time. If I'm wrong...I am going to stop drinking :P
  • kelo
    kelo Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I'm practically positive whites can drop an item 1% of the time. If I'm wrong...I am going to stop drinking :P
    You are right, but the answer is not complete:
    White names have 1% chance to drop inventory item, they won't drop equipped items.
    ~ Through the darkest of night, we shall shine brightly, revealing the path to both friendship and glory ~
    Kelovar, Radiance executor
  • espionis
    edited August 2008
    Oh...good to know. Thanks for verifying my answer!

Edit: Actually...now that I think about it. I'm pretty sure you can drop equipped items too. Unless it states it can't be dropped upon death.
  • miwhite
    miwhite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Im sort of a pker... but im a pkker too... when you kill random pkers you dont get kosed by a bunch of annoying ppl lol and i have made pking friends by killing them lol its fun... i dont just go around and kill all day... only every once in a while i will kill ppl but im normally satisfied with killing my guilds kos and pkers and ppl in my own guild (cause its fun haha)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ick
    ick Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i am a WF pkker as i am from PW_ MY named oracle server soi do now what 1 off the reason a true pkers is for killing low lvls and that is for being bored and making an **** off himself as i will pk him it so well see each ather at int server i think muahahaha for here is the WFgoddes
  • ren
    edited August 2008
    Oh...good to know. Thanks for verifying my answer!

Edit: Actually...now that I think about it. I'm pretty sure you can drop equipped items too. Unless it states it can't be dropped upon death.

I've never seen anyone of consequence such as a gm verify the rates for any version, so I really wish you guys would stop spamming my thread until an admin posts.

I'm almost sure you can still drop equipped items, but the rate is so low that it's hard to be sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • mas
    mas Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I don't mind discussing this topic, but in reality it's very trivial. Why you ask? Because we all know the second a decent amount of players reach level 30 ideals will be shattered, alliances will be broken, and typical MMO drama will ensue

When discussing the whole PKKer vs. PKer debate most are stating their ideals rather than reality. "I'm a PKKer that only targets this type", "My guild PKs for the challenge", and everything in between. Honestly if things were that black and white (so to speak) a majority of problems wouldn't come to be.

Here's the proof. I can guarantee that said PKKer will slip up and kill a red name that was justified in his PKing, and secondly I bet RQ (and tons of other guilds) will be involved in a fight where they outnumber and perhaps out level the enemy; which negates the whole we PK for the challenge theory. A PKKer that takes his time getting both sides of the story (every time) before taking action doesn't exist. Just as a PK guild that never ganks, and makes sure to not kill lower levels in effort to "keep it challenging" doesn't exist either.

To sum it up my point is that ideals are great, but how often do people stick to their ideals? It depends on the person, but in general humans make mistakes and are often ruled by emotion or act on impulse (or a combination of both). One wrong decision and the "righteousness" of a PKKer, or the system of a guild that "only PKs for the challenge" are thrown right out the window.

We'll all make friends and enemies, and hopefully have a good time doing it. Chaos is guaranteed, and with that said I can't wait to see you all in world :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    いっしょにヴェスパでとうきょうにいきましょうか?
  • ren
    edited August 2008
    When the whole server hates you like RQ, it's inevitable they end up fighting lowbies at some point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zoefox
    zoefox Posts: 225
    edited August 2008
    I only kill pkers because I simply don't like pkers.
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    kelo wrote: »
    You are right, but the answer is not complete:
    White names have 1% chance to drop inventory item, they won't drop equipped items.

Whites drop equipped items if killed by a mob. 1% of the time. I lost my phoenix arrow SP this way.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ren wrote: »
    When the whole server hates you like RQ, it's inevitable they end up fighting lowbies at some point.

If the lowbie's dumb **** is stupid enough to attack me when I'm red then I have no remorse dropping a meteor on his head.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • tyddraig
    tyddraig Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Oh PKK, back in the day of WoW, I'de be in westfall helping lower levels with quest and the Deadmines. Killing the horde as they try to disrupt such a fun and generally pleasent atmosphere.

I was a PKK, I never attacked horde unless they fought first, even then if they retreated I would let them go.
    I wan't and still not a huge PvP'er however i except it's part of the game and try not to whine much (only when ganked by a stupidly high amount of high level'd players)

Helping westfall became a bit of a job for me for a few weeks, I'de be there for a few hours a day helping people, i remember one day i was there that two level 60+ horde were killing of the lowbies, at the time i was roughly lvl58 druid moonkin :D

I PKK'd them and they PK'd me back went on for bout 30mins before one of them retreated. The last stayed for more a lvl65worrior, nearly all the lowbies in westfall that day had come to the see the fight and all of them that could cast heal were, there was like 30 of the sireously, started healing and continued helping me to kill this worrior another 2 or 3 times without dying before he retreated as well.

It felt good being a PKK cause I was helping the cummunity to progress with their characters.

Now I don't fully like PvP, I wont kill someone just because I can or for a challenge, but i will if provoked I.e. they attack first, but i wont cotinue to attack them if i see them again another day.

I don't like PK's that just do it to become a hassel like those in the above story (which is true being healed for 100 hp by 30 people is a lot of hp being dumped on you every few seconds :D) thats when i get involved even if i get killed and im completely out matched at least i tried to do something about it, but if im with an opponent in an area where we can attack i wont choose to if i can help it.
  • iroiro
    iroiro Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    moop wrote: »
    pkkers are exponentially worse than pkers.. simply because pkkers don't understand the concept of personal discrepencies and always end up trying to kill people that should otherwise have just been left the hell alone in the first place :P.

>_>; and the PKer understand the concept of personal discrepancy when they attack other people? If they did, why didn't they leave those people alone?

Ironic how both PKer or PKKer defend their own action criticizing about other people for the exact same thing they do. I am not against PK or PKK.. I am just saying.. don't make excuses. Leave that to the politicians and world leaders. If you PK or PKK, fine, just don't try to justify it. You both attacked another player, end of story.
  • tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    iroiro wrote: »
    >_>; and the PKer understand the concept of personal discrepancy when they attack other people? If they did, why didn't they leave those people alone?

Some pkers do because the person they pked could have been a friend and they were messing around or it could have been because he had a good reason being ksing, name calling whatever the reason may be, had one that warranted in a pk.

Pkkers on the other hand see someone being pked or see a red named person and attack him because he was a pker, not knowing the situation at hand randomly kills some pker who actually had a reason to kill someone.

So who would be the bad guy in this case? The pker or the pkker?
  • iroiro
    edited August 2008
    tatakairyu wrote: »
    Some pkers do because the person they pked could have been a friend and they were messing around or it could have been because he had a good reason being ksing, name calling whatever the reason may be, had one that warranted in a pk.

Pkkers on the other hand see someone being pked or see a red named person and attack him because he was a pker, not knowing the situation at hand randomly kills some pker who actually had a reason to kill someone.

So who would be the bad guy in this case? The pker or the pkker?

If you read what I wrote all the way through, you would have seen that I was using that as an counter example.

My reply means the same thing you do. There is no wrong and no right in PKK or PK. Its all based on perspective.

Yes, maybe they were just messing around and/or end up with a red name, but PKKer are basically PKer but choosing red name targets. Which in the end is all the same, thus I said PK is PK, it means you killed a player. There are no need for PKKer to justify killing the wrong person just the same as a PKer doesn't need to justify killing some random person. (However, PKKer might apologize for PKing someone who is just messing around if told)

If you misunderstood maybe I should have wrote it more clearly.
  • tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Ahh then my bad, I misread what you wrote.
  • iroiro
    edited August 2008
    It happens, no biggies. I tend to write too much and people lose interest half way through anyways :p
  • dayzd
    dayzd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    What happens if you pk someone for sleeping with your girlfriend?

Then when a Pkker comes along and trys to kill you, he's saying it's alright for that guy to sleep with your girlfriend...

Thus making Pkkers = No Morals.

So all of you insensitive pkkers out there, I hope you goto hell.

D:
  • reskin
    reskin Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Tsk tsk Reparta. You should have known how they'd take this. You remember how those PKers always react. They love PKing but they cry when they get PKed.

Also didn't it even occur to you that these poor saps would go insane once you mentioned killing them? I mean you couldn't have read the forum if you didn't see how most of these children have that little problem of bloated internet ego. Especially that wee rq group. Nasty little buggers no?

But enough talk about people, they do it enough themselves. You do notice that none of them really read your responses through right?

I read it something like this.

You: I like to PK Pkers because I like to smash people for a challenge and running through sixty seven weaklings before finding one possible challenge isn't fun for me. So I attack people who might know how to fight to limit the time I have to spend looking for a fight. I mean it's not like they don't have their names red for a few hours and thus have time to heal right? (That challenge thing is a lie and you know it by the way, you do it to see if they scream like a dying bat once you kill them.)

Them: Oh no PKKers are bad and dumb. They only attack us PKers cause they are jaded people who want some sort of glory that they make up because they are attacking people they wrongly accuse of being evil.

You: Some are like that I don't deny. But a real PKKer (or so I will call them) just attacks any decent leveled red named player that runs by just cause they feel like fighting. (*Cough* Same thing as PKing no?)

Them: Some PKers have reasons for PKing! Attacking them is wrong.

You: Yeah but not all. (So much generalization at this convention.)

I would also like to point out that a good PKKer is like a good PKer. They don't give a flying blast about reasons. It runs like this you're there, you're look to be a good fight, you die or kill the PKKer/Pker. The end.

But I digress. Reparta you do remember what KoE always tells you right? Actions make people bleed far better than words ever will.

(On a side note are you still bothering that poor kid for the whole I'll get on my main thing?)
  • haiz
    haiz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I don't care for PKKers, I think they're too scared to go red themselves so they try to find someone who is red so they can try to kill someone without any real punishment. Now two PKers PKing each other is awesome. I'm not saying someone with a white name can't defend themself, I'm saying I don't like white names going around hunting red names. Chasing after a PKer who kills your guild or anything is fine, but if you're just hunting red names for fun I think you're just scurred.
  • reparta
    reparta Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    reskin wrote: »
    Tsk tsk Reparta. You should have known how they'd take this. You remember how those PKers always react. They love PKing but they cry when they get PKed.

Also didn't it even occur to you that these poor saps would go insane once you mentioned killing them? I mean you couldn't have read the forum if you didn't see how most of these children have that little problem of bloated internet ego. Especially that wee rq group. Nasty little buggers no?

But enough talk about people, they do it enough themselves. You do notice that none of them really read your responses through right?

I read it something like this.

You: I like to PK Pkers because I like to smash people for a challenge and running through sixty seven weaklings before finding one possible challenge isn't fun for me. So I attack people who might know how to fight to limit the time I have to spend looking for a fight. I mean it's not like they don't have their names red for a few hours and thus have time to heal right? (That challenge thing is a lie and you know it by the way, you do it to see if they scream like a dying bat once you kill them.)

Them: Oh no PKKers are bad and dumb. They only attack us PKers cause they are jaded people who want some sort of glory that they make up because they are attacking people they wrongly accuse of being evil.

You: Some are like that I don't deny. But a real PKKer (or so I will call them) just attacks any decent leveled red named player that runs by just cause they feel like fighting. (*Cough* Same thing as PKing no?)

Them: Some PKers have reasons for PKing! Attacking them is wrong.

You: Yeah but not all. (So much generalization at this convention.)

I would also like to point out that a good PKKer is like a good PKer. They don't give a flying blast about reasons. It runs like this you're there, you're look to be a good fight, you die or kill the PKKer/Pker. The end.

But I digress. Reparta you do remember what KoE always tells you right? Actions make people bleed far better than words ever will.

(On a side note are you still bothering that poor kid for the whole I'll get on my main thing?)
    Oh crud Reskin... Did you really think that was A) needed or B) going to make things better?

(And no unlike what some members of R.S. keep saying. I didn't bother that kid for longer than one day.)