help plz..

Options
daweirdooo
daweirdooo Posts: 4
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
i'm not sure if this is the right section to post this in and sorry if it's not, but i need help downloading the game. i tried downloading the game by direct download a couple times now and it stops at 83% saying "disconnected from server". I tried other ways of downloading but the all the files are corrupted and the torrent takes couple weeks to download. Is there some kind of faster way to download non-corrupt files that actually finishes downloading?? I've posted this up somewhere else and everyone just ignored me. Can someone help me please?

Comments

• shizo
    shizo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    daweirdooo wrote: »
    i'm not sure if this is the right section to post this in and sorry if it's not, but i need help downloading the game. i tried downloading the game by direct download a couple times now and it stops at 83% saying "disconnected from server". I tried other ways of downloading but the all the files are corrupted and the torrent takes couple weeks to download. Is there some kind of faster way to download non-corrupt files that actually finishes downloading?? I've posted this up somewhere else and everyone just ignored me. Can someone help me please?

Hmm, there a few Download Mirrors at the Website. Did you tried all of them?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Shizo - Blademaster 9x - Conqueror

Quitted trolling the forums. PM me ingame, if want something

Sig by Sev.
  • felixomni
    felixomni Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    The torrent should not be taking weeks. What torrent program do you use? Make sure that your port is open.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    IGN:Nepheneee
  • daweirdooo
    edited August 2008
    Options
    i tried a few of the mirrors and its 1.4kb in size. i'm pretty sure that's not right, and i use bittorrent as my torrent downloader. what did you mean by open port?
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    daweirdooo wrote: »
    i'm not sure if this is the right section to post this in and sorry if it's not, but i need help downloading the game. i tried downloading the game by direct download a couple times now and it stops at 83% saying "disconnected from server".

Is that not because Internet Explorer cannot download files bigger than 2 Gb?
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • felixomni
    felixomni Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Well essentially, you need to configure your router to allow bittorrent traffic to pass through your network. I found this guide, it should tell you what you need to know to set it up.

http://p2p.weblogsinc.com/2005/04/24/how-to-configure-your-router-to-allow-fast-bittorrent-downloads/

If it's not specific enough or there's still some problem, google "bittorrent port" or something along those lines.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    IGN:Nepheneee
  • daweirdooo
    edited August 2008
    Options
    i'm using firefox. and thx felixomni i'll go take a look at that now