Grease?

Options
sgt
sgt Posts: 25 Arc User
edited August 2008 in The Crafting Nook
Nub question. Where can I find grease. I haven't been able to find any off of a mob drop nor did I find the right store. And if I get if from taking apart Items could someone please explain how to do it. Thanks!
Post edited by sgt on

Comments

• lolwut
    lolwut Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    It is an item dropped from certain mobs, though I don't know which mobs drop it. The chance isn't 100%, it's probably more like 10%.
  • sneaky
    sneaky Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Its a drop. I have seen grease drop from the beast race starting point. I think I got a couple there from the terrobites. I am not sure what race you're playing so also check player stores. Sometimes they sell grease as well.

The only thing I get from dismantling items are stones.
    Artemis_Dasins - Eyrda Server
  • imaginos
    imaginos Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I had some success last night gathering grease with my human character from farming those "dumb kuhu" and "ecstatic kuhu" things, or whatever they're called (I have trouble keeping the names straight). They're level 14 and 15 respectively, in case level is an issue. I don't know the exact percentages, but I ended up with about 8 grease samples from a few dozen probably. They're near that one logging settlement down Haunted Trail. I forget the name at the moment. They also occasionally drop antennas for that banker's quest if you're also working on that.
  • destruction
    destruction Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    imaginos wrote: »
    I had some success last night gathering grease with my human character from farming those "dumb kuhu" and "ecstatic kuhu" things, or whatever they're called (I have trouble keeping the names straight). They're level 14 and 15 respectively, in case level is an issue. I don't know the exact percentages, but I ended up with about 8 grease samples from a few dozen probably. They're near that one logging settlement down Haunted Trail. I forget the name at the moment. They also occasionally drop antennas for that banker's quest if you're also working on that.

Kuhus don't drop Antennas...
    The Settlement is Timberfield.
    Go get the Spiders West of it...
    The one near the golem...
    Forgot the names, but they got a HUGE chance of grease...
  • imaginos
    imaginos Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Kuhus don't drop Antennas...
    The Settlement is Timberfield.
    Go get the Spiders West of it...
    The one near the golem...
    Forgot the names, but they got a HUGE chance of grease...

If they don't drop antennas then how did I chance upon, I think going on 23 antennas now? Sometimes dropped along with grease. I've only had the chance to kill one of those big spider things so far--just a little too level-appropriate at the time. :p Thanks for the tip though.
  • spelroth
    spelroth Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    sgt wrote: »
    Nub question. Where can I find grease. I haven't been able to find any off of a mob drop nor did I find the right store. And if I get if from taking apart Items could someone please explain how to do it. Thanks!

grease is a drop and it drops from the 1 and 2nd lv mobs (the ones at the start) and of course it drops from kuhu's but i don''t know the exact percentage its just luck you can get 20 in 10 min or get 1 in 2 hours.
  • kyux
    kyux Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    well kuhu's the best bet for now if u wanna get grease...it has a higher percentage than the lvl 1 and 2 mobs at eagle inn.
    and kuhu does drop antenna occasionally...but if u wanna get antenna u better go to centipex they got better percentage...
  • lazor
    lazor Posts: 36
    edited August 2008
    Options
    You can always travel down to Plume city thats where i am getting the grease and pig iron drops