Fists, really that bad?

thebigghost55
thebigghost55 Posts: 9 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Blademaster
I had a rather high archer on MY server. But, the lag and the **** English community drove me off.

I want to play something different (not an EA), so I was thinking a Blademaster with fists, but everyone says they suck. I know they are low dmg, but they attack very fast, plus you will get a very high evade.

So, do you think a Blademaster with medium armor (to avoid high strg reqs) would be equal or better than axe/spear/sword in pvp (factoring evades) and damage?
Post edited by thebigghost55 on

Comments

• quilnar
    quilnar Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    There's a large thread in the MY-EN warrior forums where a 90+ Fist WR talks about his experiences with it. You should probably check that out.
  • thebigghost55
    thebigghost55 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Decent guide, but worst English ever. Thank god for US/Euro servers.

Thanks for telling me!:D
  • topman
    topman Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I had a rather high archer on MY server. But, the lag and the **** English community drove me off.

I want to play something different (not an EA), so I was thinking a Blademaster with fists, but everyone says they suck. I know they are low dmg, but they attack very fast, plus you will get a very high evade.

So, do you think a Blademaster with medium armor (to avoid high strg reqs) would be equal or better than axe/spear/sword in pvp (factoring evades) and damage?

Blademasters with fist are no other than your rouge or assassin in other games
  • iroiro
    iroiro Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    funnily most fist/claw master choose to wear heavy armor .. that build basically turns them into a heavy armor sword blademaster except they use fist o_o but to each their own play style
  • seawolf
    seawolf Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I don't have a 90+ fist WR but from talking with people, fist WRs aren't that bad, just not really that great compared to the other weapons.

Sword does the most damage, 1v1. Spear has a range move for PvP and axe is good for AoE for PvE and TW. Fist people do have high AGI to dodge a bit more (mostly useful against other WR) but it's relatively easy to build accuracy with those +50% acc rings so you'll still get hit against well-equiped opponents. Also, if you have so much AGI and STR for heavy armor, your HP will be lower than most WRs. And you can't dodge magic. So it all depends on which classes you want to be strong against.

I've seen some fist WR wear those matk rings with 30% dodge but I don't know if that's enough.

In addition, fist WR has low damage and high rate of attack, but in PvP your attack rate doesn't matter that much for a good opponent since it'll be some hit and run and using your skills more so than all normal attacks.
  • rax
    rax Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Had a dex based fist wr upto lvl67 and loved it. Could use both hvy and lgt depending on what i was fighting. Add in the sutras and my defences wasnt bad. Crit chance is high coupled with the high att speed got alot of criticals every fight. Fists are a good anti-mage build with the skill interupt and high att speed for interrupt too. After lvl 59 with the speed that comes with stun immunity it isnt hard to close with your targets and once you're on them they go down pretty easy. Just with fists you have to use more skill and equipent than the other builds and make sure you have alot of HP adds on equipment.