edited August 2008 in Suggestion Box
please dont have a system wipe i like my lvl 13 cleric just the way he is D:
Post edited by dustyn11 on

Comments

• ganja
    ganja Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Hehe, i'd think it's better a wipe most gamers just grinded, without making quests or anything.
    They just wanted to test the gameplay NOT the game itself.

Like myself I grinded myself to Lv.14 i'm cool with the gameplay, right now I just wanna see how the quest are, if the rewards are good etc.

;)

WIPE THEM NOW!
  • embl3m
    embl3m Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    dustyn11 wrote: »

takes less than 30 minutes to get to 13..
  • ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    They planned to wipe the characters at the end of the closed beta since long before the closed beta even started... sorry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkassasin
    darkassasin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    No matter what u say its gonna be wiped for sure and been decided :p so u gotta grind back again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XdxDb:victoryb:cuteb:laughb:angry
  • golden0galaxy
    golden0galaxy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    level 13 is... like nothing. at least, its not when you know what you are doing. and now you have played through to lvl 13 once, so you can do it again faster.
  • lyterz
    lyterz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    While I understand the plans were in place, the question I have is of a different nature. Why do they need to? Surely the fact that you will lose players alone makes it a bad decision. And, While you are marketing to an American Audience for the first time (not that it wasn't available, but really marketing) I would think that client loyalty would be an issue. If you take your beta tester progress and simply pitch it, than you are losing those people that helped make your game great. I feel it somewhat of an affront, and (within the limitations of my knowledge) an unnessecary affront at that. Would it be easier to allow some sort of option? Simply put, Pefect World has already lost a lot of the player basis, dead accounts, people left, simply because they found out they would be wiped.
    Sorry to be such a windbag, but I just feel that this move is, somewhat distastefull at the very least.
    ~A Loyal Fan... for now ;-)
    Ps. If there is a reason, could you perhaps elaborate?
  • psychon
    psychon Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Y'know, for all these claims of "it takes 30mins to get to level X" I really want to see some proof. I hit level 10 in about a full day's worth of playing. That's with the only distractions being getting up to eat/take a leak/respond to an important IM. Will someone Fraps this madness so I can see if its actually possible. Prove me wrong, seriously.

Oh and as for the wipe. Level 13 is pretty easy considering the quests+grinding will get you there within (my playtime) a day and a quarter or so.
    Especially if you roll with some people and get help on the "Kill X amount of Monster A, B, and C" kinda quests.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sneaky
    sneaky Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    That's about where I am now, level 13 as well. Took about 3 days time for me.

I haven't played the Malaysian version of this game so everything is new.

Only played the closed beta and enjoying my time so far.

It might be a little repetitive to restart your toon over with the same type but I really don't mind as it was fun to test out a new game. So I spent 2-3 days testing out or playing the game at the expense of my toon. Part of being a beta tester is to help iron out bugs and such.

Like I said...I don't mind a server wipe.
    Artemis_Dasins - Eyrda Server
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    dustyn11 wrote: »
    ...you should have read there will be a wipe before playing... you own fault :p
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • k1shaolin
    k1shaolin Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I totally agree with you. These people that claim they can get to lvl X in a stupidly ridiculous amount of time must either be a nerd or just chatting bull.
  • zyankali
    zyankali Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I dont see where you are getting that stuff from "you lose players if you wipe the server"

Well honestly, imo anyone who played closed beta knowing that chars will be wiped and yet still complain that they get wiped and threaten to leave can just gtfo.

Sorry for the language here but I really find it funny that you guys even go into the game knowing all this beforehand and yet still complain and whine about the char wipe.

Simple solution - if you dont want your char to be wiped then dont even put an effort to getting a beta key and be a beta tester, instead wait til open beta other than that stop being whiny about it
  • tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    k1shaolin wrote: »
    I totally agree with you. These people that claim they can get to lvl X in a stupidly ridiculous amount of time must either be a nerd or just chatting bull.

Why would you be a nerd if you can level fast? I don't see your logic in that lmfao.

Also for all you other whiners, GTFO please ;).
  • xanados
    xanados Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Doesn't take long to level from 1-15, roughly about 2-4 hours nonstop. It's the items or bosses you've beaten in the game at later levels that you're going to miss the 2-star or 3-star crafted items you made. I know I'll miss my full 2-star set....
    Syndacus L. 31 Stoneman Protector - 1250 Patk
    Dingleberry L. 14 Marksman
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hanamitchi
    hanamitchi Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    so what's the point of having it played and just wiped out after the server will be fully operated. i don't get it, so what if you reach lvl40 or higher than that what is the feeling that you will be try to train and grind and start lvl1 again. please GM if there is main reason that the server need to wiped out all the character please let us know BTW i played malaysian server and im excited to play here in PWinternational.

thanks.
  • embl3m
    embl3m Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    hanamitchi wrote: »
    so what's the point of having it played and just wiped out after the server will be fully operated. i don't get it, so what if you reach lvl40 or higher than that what is the feeling that you will be try to train and grind and start lvl1 again. please GM if there is main reason that the server need to wiped out all the character please let us know BTW i played malaysian server and im excited to play here in PWinternational.

thanks.
    do you have no idea what a closed beta for testing purposes is?
  • f4ding
    f4ding Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    This thread is full of the reasons why most companies dont run an open closed beta like this one.
    It is always really hard to get into closed beta programs because of whiners like you if you dont like how closed beta works stop participating in them.
  • lipe124
    lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    The very 1st time ever i played perfect world was on the gamehaze server because i missed the my-en CB and they took months to get to OB. Even then i got lvl20 in the 1st day for my 1st time. Here I made lvl30 in 3 days and now im just chilling till OB. I you level more you're just being masochistic.

The ppl complaining that it took them 3 days to get lvl13.. im sorry but thats really just WRONG. At least when its wiped and you start over you'll know where to go and it wont take you 3 days again - hopefully.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
  • blazmeen
    blazmeen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    lyterz wrote: »
    While I understand the plans were in place, the question I have is of a different nature. Why do they need to? Surely the fact that you will lose players alone makes it a bad decision. And, While you are marketing to an American Audience for the first time (not that it wasn't available, but really marketing) I would think that client loyalty would be an issue. If you take your beta tester progress and simply pitch it, than you are losing those people that helped make your game great. I feel it somewhat of an affront, and (within the limitations of my knowledge) an unnessecary affront at that. Would it be easier to allow some sort of option? Simply put, Pefect World has already lost a lot of the player basis, dead accounts, people left, simply because they found out they would be wiped.
    Sorry to be such a windbag, but I just feel that this move is, somewhat distastefull at the very least.
    ~A Loyal Fan... for now ;-)
    Ps. If there is a reason, could you perhaps elaborate?

This guy put it better than I ever could.
    The quote has been edited...
    The closed beta is there to prevent players gaining an advantage over people who didn't get to play in CB. It's to test the server capacity and weed out any bugs.

Every single mmorpg I've looked into did character wipes at the end of their closed beta and players were warned in advance - before closed beta started. So if it really does bother you, maybe you could use this time to socialize and meet new people? Or just explore, make characters in preparation for open beta or such and such; that way no time wasted ;)
  • kidyoshi11
    kidyoshi11 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    i'd like to keep my warrior it has taken along time to get to lv 19 and i almost finished the bankers quest wich is really hard ;-;
  • masterryo
    masterryo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    i came from malaysia version lvl 62 warrior and im sure there r higher lvl malaysia users so you people whining about characters under lvl 20 need to really stop whining -_-. it doesnt take that long to get to 20 if you are a good player.:rolleyes: