Which Craft!!

Options
tofu
tofu Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2008 in The Crafting Nook
hi :D
im still new to this whole crafting thing
like by reading some guides, it says its recommended to start crafting as early as possible for the benefits of post 60
so should i craft weapons, or armor? rings?
should i try to lvl them all
or should i focus on one
please, some suggestions would be nice :p
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• kelo
    kelo Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    starting early really helps ^^

which crafts you choose depend mainly on 3 factors:
    - the time/money you want to invest into getting materials
    - the inventory/storage slots you can use to store the materials
    - if you know any people doing crafting...

These points will direct you. Crafting is not a necessity, because it's very likely that someone in your guild, among your friends, can craft what you will need. However, if you want to make yourself useful, getting some crafts is a good thing.

Personnally, I suggest to specialize. You can get every craft to lvl3 without too much difficulty. However, to get lvl4, you need to do a special crafting quest, which is really annoying, and takes MANY materials (some of which are mob drops), unless you're very lucky. An ever harder quest exists for lvl6. The exception is pharmacist, which has a quite simple quest (and pharmacist materials are always herbs found on ground, not from mobs). Anyways, getting all the crafts above lvl3 is not an easy thing to do. It is time and resource consuming. Lvl 6 seems far worst...

Now if you choose to specialize, you have to choose which ones you want to take. Pharmacist is the "easy" one (but since there are so many herbs, it could eat up your storage space). You could still take it with something else if you want. Now, among the 3 equipment crafts, it pretty much depends on what is lacking in your friends/guild.

If you want to know, on MY-EN, I'm lvl5 tailor, lvl3 blacksmith, lvl1 pharmacist & jeweler. And each time I needed something else crafted which I couldn't do, I could find someone to do it very easily. I don't really see the need to do differently. I'm lvl73 btw.

Hope this helps! ^^
    ~ Through the darkest of night, we shall shine brightly, revealing the path to both friendship and glory ~
    Kelovar, Radiance executor
  • tofu
    tofu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    well remember, we're all gonna be starting on the same day, lvl 1 newbies :D so theres not gonna be some veteran crafter in ur guild to rely on... ;)

so i wanna take up at least 1 craft...
    cant choose between armory and weaponry :(
  • prosper
    prosper Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Armorsmith and weaponsmith are the most demanded ones. If you want to be one of the main crafters in your guild, pick one of the two. Jeweler is often overlooked but quite good, actually. Almost everyone goes armour or weapon. Pharmacist is least important but easiest.

If you can get your guildmates and friends to forward some or all of their material drops to you, it would definitely make things easier. Or, at least, have them collect all mats for whatever they want you to make, that's a pretty common courtesy.
  • faruxue
    faruxue Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Order of importance from most to least:

Pharmacy ---> Jewellery ---> Tailor ---> Blacksmith

You wanna level up your pharmacy skills so you can make those special pots that can save your money while you grind or save your life while you pk.
    Jewellery is good because you can try and make those nice rings with +2% crit or -6casting time that can sell for big bucks.
    Tailor and Blacksmith isn't required unless you wanna craft yellow/green armors, lets face it, at higher levels no one will wear 1star/2star/3star armors/weapons crafted from NPC.
    ULTIMATE TOPIC:
    See 3 RQ get owned by 1 WB
    copy and paste onto your web link
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=33421
  • prosper
    edited August 2008
    Options
    faruxue wrote: »
    Order of importance from most to least:

Pharmacy ---> Jewellery ---> Tailor ---> Blacksmith

You wanna level up your pharmacy skills so you can make those special pots that can save your money while you grind or save your life while you pk.
    Jewellery is good because you can try and make those nice rings with +2% crit or -6casting time that can sell for big bucks.
    Tailor and Blacksmith isn't required unless you wanna craft yellow/green armors, lets face it, at higher levels no one will wear 1star/2star/3star armors/weapons crafted from NPC.

But you need high level tailor and blacksmith to make even yellow and green equips.
  • faruxue
    edited August 2008
    Options
    You only need to craft those equips once in a while, so bothering your friends wouldn't be a problem.
    Pharmacy pots can save you money on normal pots, so you might need to make more when you use them all up, but pharmacy is the easiest one to level up, so i dont see why anyone wouldn't do that.
    The only skill you can take advantage of and make money from is Jewellery, you can buy a lot of materials and try to make those +2crit or -6casting rings/necklace/adorns, so leveling it is always a good option.
    ULTIMATE TOPIC:
  • prosper
    edited August 2008
    Options
    faruxue wrote: »
    You only need to craft those equips once in a while, so bothering your friends wouldn't be a problem.

Mhmm, I used to do that when I played, long ago. xD But I think the OP wants to be a main crafter in her guild, who would be the one being bothered to make equips.

Not enough people go jeweler! D;
  • sealed
    sealed Posts: 781
    edited August 2008
    Options
    In CB I'll mess around with crafting to learn it, gonna make the best lvl 1 Godly gears a noob can dream of =)

sealed~
  • ayrwyn
    ayrwyn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    prosper wrote: »
    Armorsmith and weaponsmith are the most demanded ones. If you want to be one of the main crafters in your guild, pick one of the two. Jeweler is often overlooked but quite good, actually. Almost everyone goes armour or weapon. Pharmacist is least important but easiest.

If you can get your guildmates and friends to forward some or all of their material drops to you, it would definitely make things easier. Or, at least, have them collect all mats for whatever they want you to make, that's a pretty common courtesy.

I really have to disagree with u on the Pharmacist being the "least important" You can craft tons of excessively useful stuff including stuff for vigor, hp, mp, damage...the list goes on. Pharmacy is also a very decent way to make money since it is one of the most over looked crafting skills...not including jeweler of course. Plus its easy to lvl up. Someone else mentioned storage...np make a storage character there are more then enough spaces to make one of each race, class etc and have a storage character as well. That is unless for PWI they are changing that?

Anyway Pharmsacist is NOT the "least important"
  • prosper
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ayrwyn wrote: »
    I really have to disagree with u on the Pharmacist being the "least important" You can craft tons of excessively useful stuff including stuff for vigor, hp, mp, damage...the list goes on. Pharmacy is also a very decent way to make money since it is one of the most over looked crafting skills...not including jeweler of course. Plus its easy to lvl up. Someone else mentioned storage...np make a storage character there are more then enough spaces to make one of each race, class etc and have a storage character as well. That is unless for PWI they are changing that?

Anyway Pharmsacist is NOT the "least important"

Mm, not to say it's useless or completely unimportant, cause it definitely does have its benefits. But it's not as vital as weaponsmith or tailor skills, since you can survive without Pharm pots. It definitely does give you an edge though.

I hope they don't. :< Especially for CB, you'd want lots of character space and creating a new account would suck since you have to get another key as well.
  • anima
    anima Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    In CB, you can do what u want, just test the game only.
    But for open beta and full release, join a guild and make friends with them, then you guys can deal who will learn what, cause 4 jobs cost a lot of time/money to up lvl 8 (if you ever get to 99 and need HH stuff).
    Good luck for looking for a nice guild.
    Why...so...serious?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • adryan
    adryan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    i have them all to lvl 6 (tailor, blacksmith, jeweller, pharmacist) in my en and i can say it was hard but its so fun now, all comes at me to craft, and seeing my name on them makes me proud, i love to do myself items, i dont like see others name on my equip. So in pwi i will do all craft again, tests are the most annoying but u will pass them eventually its not imposible!
  • kinetikop
    kinetikop Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I have a simple question, is there a lvl requirement to crafting lvl. EX: in order to use certina herbs needed to craft certain potions, or molds to make weapons you have to be atleast xx lvl character and xx lvl crafting, or 'could' a lvl 1 craft up to lvl 9 if they managed all the goods?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    There's no level requirement for _using_ items. But there is a level requirement to gather those items,and there is a level requirement to upgrade your skill past a certain point. For instance, if you were given all the materials you needed at level 5, even with materials that you can only mine at level 30, you can use them all and upgrade your skills to level 3. However, level 4 can only be done with a quest that you get at level 50, so you'll have to wait until then to get it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kelo
    kelo Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    kinetikop wrote: »
    I have a simple question, is there a lvl requirement to crafting lvl. EX: in order to use certina herbs needed to craft certain potions, or molds to make weapons you have to be atleast xx lvl character and xx lvl crafting, or 'could' a lvl 1 craft up to lvl 9 if they managed all the goods?
    For some crafting levels, there are requirements.

You get crafting quests at level5 (at the very beginning), which allow you to learn each lvl1 crafting skill. From there, crafting 10 lvl1 items will allow you to get lvl2, then 10 lvl2 will get you to level 3. You can do these at any levels.

However, to get crafting skills up to level 4, you need to do a special crafting quest (1quest/crafting skill), which is available at lvl50. Same thing happens when you want to reach lvl6: you have to do a lvl80 quest. These quests mainly require you to craft a few items of a certain quality (and it WILL take you many tries to craft those).

EDIT: Senovit was faster xD Still, I added information ^^
    ~ Through the darkest of night, we shall shine brightly, revealing the path to both friendship and glory ~
    Kelovar, Radiance executor
  • kinetikop
    kinetikop Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Alright thanks for the answeres, I guess having a "crafting" alt won't work, oh well i'll just use that slot to make a storage character. =] Thanks again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • taelrak
    taelrak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Well, it's not all so depressing though.

I mean, sure you have to make specific items (usually a few 2-star items) to get past specific crafting levels, but it's not too hard to figure out what items those will be beforehand, so you can start saving up.

Also, even with the quest, you still need to skill up your crafts anyway, so just do both at the same time, often by the time you get your skill level up to the next level, you'll have made a few of the quest items anyway.

Finally, generally, it's more efficient to level up skills as you level up your character. However, alternatively, since gold is much easier to come by at higher levels, you could just wait until you're at a high level and bring them up all at once. You can buy mats in mass from stalls and easily max out a craft within minutes--slightly longer if you browse around for the best price of certain items.

Pharmacy in particular is not quite so useful early on, but vital at higher levels in pvp and tw. On the other hand, saving every bit of grass you run into will drive you crazy - they're all over the place, and you will run out of inv space almost as fast as you can mail them off to storage characters. It's worth simply waiting until you're 80, and then leveling it up all at once by dismantling vendor equipment, and then buy the herbs you need for what you need to make.
  • etur
    etur Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    can u make arrows if so which 1 makes them
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Blacksmith. It's best to just buy arrows, however. Much easier, less hassle, and cheaper. Smithing them only means you have a chance to make SP arrows that have cool added bonuses.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • etur
    etur Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ark wrote: »
    Blacksmith. It's best to just buy arrows, however. Much easier, less hassle, and cheaper. Smithing them only means you have a chance to make SP arrows that have cool added bonuses.

well looks my archer is going 2 be a smith and the archer will probably be my third chr that im going 2 create
  • faruxue
    edited August 2008
    Options
    You buy arrows from smith, but you craft arrows through jeweller.
    Crafting 100 arrows costs 2 pieces of log and 1 piece of coal, but i'm 100% positive that you can sell those 3 pieces of material easily for way more than 200 gold, which would allow you to buy way more than 100 arrows.
    SP arrows gives 1% crit, but lets be realistic, at low levels the effect 1% crit doesn't really help.
    you cant really have crafting alts, because you have to level that character in order to get higher level crafting to make higher level items.
    ULTIMATE TOPIC:
  • magoo
    magoo Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    no sorry witch craft isnt available , only blacksmith , tailor and crafts.
    :eek: :eek: :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]