Ancient Dragon City Vs. Archosaur Petition

Options
lumino
lumino Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Suggestion Box
As there are no polling features in the forum, then i think just a one word answer from a member should do. This the petition to have the newly named Archosaur renamed back to its proper name of Ancient Dragon City!
..Why, simply because Ancient Dragon City sounds cooler.. and fits with the theme of the dragon lake in the middle of it. Has a nice ring to it when players call on each other to 'ADC' ova the world chat. Whtas this gona be called 'Archi' or 'The Saur' for short.. i dont think so!
Unfortunatly they probably wont listen but at least our opinions have been raised. Or i could be proved horribly wrong and 'Archosaur' is a hip funky name for the modern generation :D

What will it be:
ADC - Ancient Dragon City
Archi - Archosaur

MY VOTE: ADC all the way XD
Post edited by lumino on

Comments

• rena
    rena Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=6931
    emberglades.forumotion.net/forum.htm
  • jadebeauti
    jadebeauti Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I agree, I like Ancient Dragon City, or even just Dragon City, much better than what they changed it to. I vote it goes back !

Jade
  • mafanwy
    mafanwy Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ADC for me as well

To be honest i think they changed all the names just for the sake of it and most have been changed for the worst

Including mobs npc's and mats etc
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Yeah, i agree, ADC is much better than Archosaur
    Including mobs npc's and mats etc
    no.. can't agree with that *is happy with CN names*
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nasuki
    nasuki Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ADC ~Gets out teh pom poms and cheers on that side of the vote~
    ~Whip pic don't work D:~
    Every MMO needs to have the weapon "Whip." [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • moonstar
    moonstar Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    +1 for ADC sound better and it can bee more memorable then what it's now
  • margie
    margie Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    OMG I thought it was going to be CAVEMAN themed with a name like that... at least ArchDrake City or something.... anything "dragony" would be an improvement. I've never played PW-MY, so I haven't had to relearn the names of anything and I've had no problems at all with 99.9 percent of the names I've come across so far. I say this because I'm not another "PW-MY was better!??!?" poster... this name REALLY REALLY REALLY has to change. Please. For the love of all that's good and holy do NOT leave it as Archosaur.
  • zoefox
    zoefox Posts: 225
    edited August 2008
    Options
    The name of the darn place is Ancient Dragon City. Not this new one. The current name makes no real sense and I simply don't like it.
  • lolwut
    lolwut Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    The name doesn't need to be changed. Just continue to call it ADC, new players will figure out that archosaur and ADC are one and the same, eventually. If they ask why, just say 'Tradition.' They're NOT going to actually change anything, that much should be clear by now.
  • didacus
    didacus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Dragon City is MUCH cooler!

Archosaur? Archaic Dinosaur? What a pleonasm!
    From the geniuses behind Rareware, no doubt.

If I'm paying TP leeches 3k to visit an annoyingly huge (but fabulously grandiose) City, it better be called Dragon City.
  • bron
    bron Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    /support

Almost anything besides this would be bettter. I don't see any cavemen in this city, or archaic dinosaurs. The name doesn't even come close to ADC. At least the other cities kinda sound similar to MY so the retransation is close, but what's an Archosaur? They were way off base in this.
    Proud Pre-Launch CO and Pre-Launch STO Lifetime Subscriber.
  • monkeybone
    monkeybone Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ADC - NO! you can't use the translation of another company without the risk of being sued.
    Arch - NO! stupid name
  • kyou
    kyou Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Leave it as it is.
    Snotty little brats.
  • tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Wow, just wow lol. It has a bad name, so what?
  • elite
    elite Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    i really dont care what PW INT says, i have been calling it ADC, no one knows what i mean, i have to explain it exerytime but i dont care, it is WAY better name, i wont stop called it ADC ever, i also use old names, i dont say barbarian, i say WB or werebeast, i like most old names better, not all of em. Also, what is short names for new races? is werefox's short name now V? I also dont like them changing the names of the monsters, some are ok like the tutles and stuff but before the new sounded what it looked like, unlike some mobs now :( so much changed that didnt need to be changed :(
  • lumino
    lumino Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    tatakairyu wrote: »

so what?
    well gota find something to moan about, wen they opened to the doors to the closed beta they should expect players to comment on things there not happy with. We know its not gona change, but the wish is there!
    rena wrote:
    I clearly did use the search as i posted there first, but haiz had a very amusing post that spurred me into get ppls opinions by creating a thread on the subject to draw everyones attention to it. Bringing it to to the masses as it were ;-)
  • terrabyte
    terrabyte Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ADC is much better i hope it is changed
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    tatakairyu wrote: »

It's absolutely disgusting. They could have randomly picked a cool sounding name if not ADC, archosaur is just stupid.
    Why can't they just use pinyin names ffs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • rena
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ren wrote: »
    It's absolutely disgusting. They could have randomly picked a cool sounding name if not ADC, archosaur is just stupid.
    Why can't they just use pinyin names ffs

As I said before its completely pointless to complain about the name when your completely ignorant on what the original name was. Archosaur has actually been used in previous versions of PW so its easy to assume the name in the original chinese was Archosaur.

I never understood how people can obvious acknowledge the horrible translation of MY-EN but somehow think the name of places and things are correct. I really wouldn't trust any of the translations of MY-EN in general.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • scarab
    scarab Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I prefer ADC too
  • haiz
    haiz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    rena wrote: »
    As I said before its completely pointless to complain about the name when your completely ignorant on what the original name was. Archosaur has actually been used in previous versions of PW so its easy to assume the name in the original chinese was Archosaur.

I never understood how people can obvious acknowledge the horrible translation of MY-EN but somehow think the name of places and things are correct. I really wouldn't trust any of the translations of MY-EN in general.

First of all I'm glad my rant I did for fun inspired someone or something, I feel special now.

Second of all the MY-EN version was supposed to be in what language now? English. The version you're saying where "Archosaur" has been used was what version now? The Phillipines version I believe someone said. Now either way, both versions have crappy and horrible English. I think I'll take the version that has "EN" meaning ENGLISH over the Phillipines version.

So stop saying "oh but Archosaur has been used so it must be correct!" WAKE UP CAUSE ADC WAS USED TOO FOO! You think the Phillipines can translate better than the Malaysians? It's your call. I'll just tell you this, the original game is in Chinese, and guess which of the two countries has more Chinese speakers? It's Malaysia, so you can decide which one translated it from Chinese better. After all, they only had a MY-CN server as well.
  • lipe124
    lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I would rather have it Ancient fluffy Bunny city than archosaur!!

*signed*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ADC. Or just DC. Either way.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • kelo
    kelo Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Ancient Dragon City
    Elder Dragon City
    City of Dragons
    City of Draco
    Great Dragon City

I'd prefer any of these names over Archosaur, which I don't really like. ^^;;

*signs*
    ~ Through the darkest of night, we shall shine brightly, revealing the path to both friendship and glory ~
    Kelovar, Radiance executor
  • koz
    koz Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    When did ADC turn into a dinosaur?

*rawr*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cheaper
    cheaper Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    wow. they changed the name from dragon to lizards

who else thinks thats a downgrade?

ADC +1
  • rena
    edited August 2008
    Options
    cheaper wrote: »
    wow. they changed the name from dragon to lizards

who else thinks thats a downgrade?

ADC +1

well dragons are lizards =p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • miles
    miles Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Ancient Dragon City i like this name as well and i still refer to this name every time i tell someone to meet me there my vote is for adc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    rena wrote: »

The thing you're missing is:

Non-stupid names > old names.

Werebeast. Why? Because you TURN INTO A BEAST. Barbarian makes NO sense at all, since they are NOT barbarians, barbarians are pure offensive with little regard for defense - I.E: The exact opposite of what a werebeast actually is.

Archosaur, while it may have been used in the past, is a STUPID name for a city in a chinese game. Why? It's GREEK. I don't give a damn what it means, it's GREEK. This is a game based on CHINA, where everything was about dragons. I don't need the GREEK name for LIZARD. Let's go with CHINA'S DRAGONS.

The point is, I don't care how OLD the names are. They're ****. But despite everyone originally standing up against Blademaster, Venomancer, and Barbarian, the GMs still said "It's not changing, and that's how it is."

So get used to it. Ultimately, we have no say in things hardcoded into the game. Every request hardcoded has been, more or less, denied. The very best ones have been "We'll try, we'll send it to our developers." But chances are, they're not going to change the game from how they have it. In their eyes, why spend money fixing what's not broken.

And no, I'm not screaming GM corruption, or saying that they don't care about the players. I'm saying that our requests fall on deaf ears, regardless of if Orinj or Xarfox reads it and agrees with it, if it's hardcoded into the game it won't change because they can't change it.

The end.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)