Let me get this right...

zezix
zezix Posts: 337 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
I was told there is a prize for people who reach 40+ in closed beta. Someone told me that they will recieve some sort of waist armor that is the best in game. I have searched all over these forums and I can't seem to find anything. I might have missed something which is why I decided to ask.

Sorry if this post makes anyone mad, I just wanna get to the bottom of my search.
Post edited by zezix on

Comments

• ragingwind
    ragingwind Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Are you trying to spread a rumor? XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zezix
    edited August 2008
    No I just wanna know xD
  • roxy
    roxy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Whoever told you that is wrong.
    6to4uv.jpg

To the world, you may be one person
    But to one person, you may be the world
  • zezix
    edited August 2008
    Whoa.. When did Roxy become a moderator? Were you always one? Man.. Im lost.
  • roxy
    edited August 2008
    zezix wrote: »
    Whoa.. When did Roxy become a moderator? Were you always one? Man.. Im lost.

I became a moderator yesterday, lol.
    6to4uv.jpg

• zezix
    edited August 2008
    Oh, how did that happen?
  • roxy
    edited August 2008
    Oh, how did that happen?

I magically got the position! whee :D
    6to4uv.jpg

• zezix
    edited August 2008
    Lol.. Was there like an application section or?
  • roxy
    edited August 2008
    Lol.. Was there like an application section or?

No there isn't. They basically just pick whoever's suitable as a mod, I guess. You could try pm'ing one of the admin if you're interested or something.
    6to4uv.jpg

• ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Oh, how did that happen?

Bias of a friend on the staff. Nobody seems to mind Ryuuzaki being a member mod, but irc was flooding with bitching about her getting modded today and frankly i can kinda see why.

But that's all I'll say about it, I've been banned enough as it is. Member mods are a nono. Do away with them please ;_;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • roxy
    edited August 2008
    Hmm well, you're entitled to your opinion and I respect that; however, I would like you to know that I didn't get picked for the reason you stated. I wonder why people would !@#$% about me getting the position though, it's not like I've harmed anyone in any kind of way.
    6to4uv.jpg

• itch
    itch Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I thought you said you won't get any favors from the staff even if you are a friend of a dev/gm/admin whatever(?)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • roxy
    edited August 2008
    itch wrote: »
    I thought you said you won't get any favors from the staff even if you are a friend of a dev/gm/admin whatever(?)

Does me becoming a mod means I get some sort of favor from the pw staff? Nah ^^
    6to4uv.jpg

• zezix
    edited August 2008
    I think people who deserve the postion should get it. If it is a favor thing then that is retarted, but I do not believe it is. If you are suitible for the part then why not fulfill it?

I think the admins here are mature enough to make the decisions they need to on moderators, and if these moderators were to abuse their powers I guarentee you the Admins would step in.

I am interested in being a moderator for Perfect World International aswell, maybe even an Admin someday if possible. I was a Sage (which is like a mini GM) in a game called Rubies Of Eventide for quite sometime. I was soon going to be promoted to a full GM but then I quit and started working more.

Lol.. I am startin to sound like an applicant xD I'll shush.
  • embl3m
    embl3m Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Not true. And if it was it would break the game. I would just get multiple accounts, multiclient, and have 12 characters over 40 by the end of the closed beta and just sell the armor.
  • ranthe
    ranthe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    There was a thing in the stickied FAQ that said that there would be no favoritism towards anybody, or the GM or whatever would be fired. So i think that even if roxy knew someone in the staff, it wouldn't matter, cause if she got the Moderator powers from that, the person on the inside would be fired, and roxy wouldn't be allowed to keep her mod powers. Considering she's STILL a mod today, like she was yesterday, it means nothing of the sort happened.

So drop it, especially you ren. sour grapes like that aren't wanted anywhere, especially on this board.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • roxy
    edited August 2008
    I think people who deserve the postion should get it. If it is a favor thing then that is retarted, but I do not believe it is. If you are suitible for the part then why not fulfill it?

I think the admins here are mature enough to make the decisions they need to on moderators, and if these moderators were to abuse their powers I guarentee you the Admins would step in.

I am interested in being a moderator for Perfect World International aswell, maybe even an Admin someday if possible. I was a Sage (which is like a mini GM) in a game called Rubies Of Eventide for quite sometime. I was soon going to be promoted to a full GM but then I quit and started working more.

Lol.. I am startin to sound like an applicant xD I'll shush.

It's good that you're showing some interest and initiative that you want to be a mod. Keep up the good work and they'll be sure to take notice of you. ^^
    6to4uv.jpg

• zezix
    edited August 2008
    Well I hope they do. I have loved this game for awhile now and it would be an honor for me to be able to help the community in any way I can. I don't have to be a mod to do that, it would just make people notice the help more. That is usually how it works, heh.
  • mei
    mei Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    @ the offtopic omgfavoritism stuff -- Just so you guys know, ... being a Moderator is nothing even remotely close to being a reward. It's painful. Very. =(
    (In my experience .. at least >.>)

Ontopic xD -- I'd kind of hoped for some sort of a reward for CBing but it's really besides the point >< CBing (IMO? =[ ) is meant to let in a smaller group of players to help find/resolve errors/bugs/etc that the team couldn't find on its own .. so based on that, I don't think it'd make sense for them to give a reward based on what level you can get to. It'd make more sense if it was based on how much feedback you gave on various bugs (etc) ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ranthe
    edited August 2008
    Yup, used to be a mod for another online game myself, and it's a lot more work than it's worth. It's something i would do to my enemies more than my friends. But the people that actually make it work, get mad respect from me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zezix
    edited August 2008
    mei wrote: »
    @ the offtopic omgfavoritism stuff -- Just so you guys know, ... being a Moderator is nothing even remotely close to being a reward. It's painful. Very. =(

Of course it is. It is hard work, I know this from bein a Sage in Rubies. You can't just become a moderator and expect to have a "reward" it is nothing even close to a reward at all.

Basically like bein a Guild Master. Its not some sort of fun game, it takes hard work and good spirit.
  • roxy
    edited August 2008
    Yep, being a moderator isn't about fun, it's about doing your best to manage the community and keep everything in good order.

That reminds me, I've also gm'ed 3 games in the past ( all official, none of the private server stuff ) and it wasn't so fun either ( even though most people thought it was ). lol. I did enjoy working for those companies, though.
    6to4uv.jpg

• ranthe
    edited August 2008
    Well roxy, you've got my support no matter what. *salutes*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • roxy
    edited August 2008
    Thanks!

Well anyway, I think I'll have to close this thread since it totally went off topic ^^; Sorry ~
    6to4uv.jpg

This discussion has been closed.