Online Perfect World references?

imaginos
imaginos Posts: 27 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Dungeons & Tactics
I was just wondering if there's a fairly comprehensive wiki or the like concerning PW. I'm an extreme n00b to PW and MMOs in general, so it would be nice to have a resource that I could go to when I pick up an item and don't really know what it does. For instance, over the course of my play so far I've run into about 8 items called "Buddha's Hand" or somesuch. Is it used for something? Is it just vendor trash? Something else? With a wiki or similar comprehensive online resource I would be able to look up things like that without opening thousands of forum threads asking all manner of minutia of the game. :D
Post edited by imaginos on

Comments

• cheechee
    cheechee Posts: 14
    edited August 2008
    Alot of stuff like those buddha hands I never found a use for on the Malaysian PW, just offed them to NPCs for some money to build up the bank balance.

There are drops that have " Dragon Quest" on them which are worth hanging onto
    (if you have the space)

for example, the 1st time bank expansion quest
    5x Mystic meats, disguise skins, element dusts, soft furs, antennas and rhino horns will expand your bank storage by 8 slots

There is quite alot of information out on the perfectworld MY website and forums, but the names of quests, mobs and NPCs is totally different so it wont be much help in here until the game is out of beta and the forums get loaded up with information and guides

Chee
  • imaginos
    edited August 2008
    Oh yeah, that banker's quest is bugging the **** outta me. :D I still haven't run into about half the things he needs, but I have an overabundance of one particular item he wants. And I've also run into a couple of those Dragon Quest-related items. Thanks for the help there. Hopefully once the international version gets out of closed beta those who are more skilled than myself will put up a wiki at some point. :)
  • cheechee
    cheechee Posts: 14
    edited August 2008
    The items you need for the bankers quest begin dropping off mobs around west and north archosaur (level 20 and up).
    16 slots in the bank doesnt go very far when youre trying to save materials for crafting as well :(

Keep 5 dull claws for when you get hit level 30 (unless youre an elf char), as part of the quest to get your flying machine asks for them

- and of course I'd NPC'ed them all hadnt I trying to make money :eek:

Chee
  • imaginos
    edited August 2008
    I started to figure the banker's quest was rather long-term when my guess about those little rhino-things (you know, the things around Swarm Hill or whatever it's called--I have a tough time keeping the creature names straight :p) dropping items for it turned out to be a dead end. I doubt I'm going to make 30 before the reset, but thanks for the protip concerning dull claws. I've started to panic about selling items to vendors too, on the off chance they become useful (yes, despite the impending reset), and my bank slots are also full with mostly crafting materials. :D
  • iry
    iry Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I was just wondering if there's a fairly comprehensive wiki or the like concerning PW
    1perfectworld.com

quest wiki and forum for other info
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    1perfectworld.com , the best resource for everything Perfect World.
    We got quest guides, cultivation guides, noob guides. If it can be a guide, its there.
    We also got free guild forums :D
    Now with flame forums and trading for CB/OB