Graphics

selkie
selkie Posts: 2 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
I posted one about this before but I don't see it anymore, so here it is again.
When my Venomancer sits the hand that's suposed to be on the knee is floating like an inch above it and the hand that's suposed to be on the ground isn't always on the ground. This makes it frustrating to take a screenie and even though taking screenies isnt wat the game is about, Ive seen this prob in several other games and think that this game deserved to not have that prob.
It would be very awesome if things like this were touched up. :D

~Selkie
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you love something enough, you won't give up.
Post edited by selkie on

Comments

• tony02
    tony02 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    yea i no what u mean with them not having there hand on there knee properly, but still i wasnt to concerned i just tried ways of working around it with a SS

i dont think they can or will do anything about it either cos its not a big concern to them
  • sanscosm
    sanscosm Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    That's quite sad then, because it would only take at most 5 minutes or less to fix it...
  • tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    It wouldn't take 5 min or less to fix it heh.
  • kinetikop
    kinetikop Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    It would take a long time to fix it, it would have to calculate how far to stretch the arm based on the thickness of the legs. Right now it is set so it would be on the knee at the max thickness so as not to go through the knee at any set thickness, because that would ruin your picture even worse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sanscosm
    edited August 2008
    tatakairyu wrote: »
    It wouldn't take 5 min or less to fix it heh.
    kinetikop wrote: »
    It would take a long time to fix it, it would have to calculate how far to stretch the arm based on the thickness of the legs. Right now it is set so it would be on the knee at the max thickness so as not to go through the knee at any set thickness, because that would ruin your picture even worse.
    You guys don't work in the gaming industry, do you?
  • tatakairyu
    tatakairyu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    sanscosm wrote: »
    You guys don't work in the gaming industry, do you?

Nope, but obviously you don't either ;).
  • sanscosm
    edited August 2008
    tatakairyu wrote: »
    Nope, but obviously you don't either ;).
    Sorry there buddy, but you're wrong. I work at a game dev studio as an animator, it's my business to know rigs and characters. ;)
  • kinetikop
    kinetikop Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    sanscosm wrote: »
    Sorry there buddy, but you're wrong. I work at a game dev studio as an animator, it's my business to know rigs and characters. ;)

No I don't, and since your Mr. Know-It-All why don't you tell us how to fix it, how long it would take, and why or why they would or would not do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sanscosm
    edited August 2008
    kinetikop wrote: »
    No I don't, and since your Mr. Know-It-All why don't you tell us how to fix it, how long it would take, and why or why they would or would not do it.
    Oh please, we don't need to turn this into an argument. Not once did I say I was any sort of, "know-it-all." And I will admit I cannot give you accurate information because I don't work for PWE. I don't know the engine they use, or their tools/dk.

In my experience something like this takes no effort at all, and that's exactly why they most likely wont fix it either. There is no real reason too, but that doesn't mean it isn't a waste of time because of how simple such an error is. :)