Popups before launching game??

lusted
lusted Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Support Desk
I'm updating fine, but sometimes I get popups in a different langauge and I'm unsure what to do. If I click the left buttons twice (where yes or accept usually is) I advance to the black screen of death and my cpu hangs. If I click one left button and one right button (or two right buttons) it goes back to the initial start screen, but without start highlighted.

This happens around 1 in 3 login attempts...the other 2 of 3 I don't have any problems and no popups. Does anyone know what these popups say or what combo I need to select? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Post edited by lusted on

Comments

• finkster
    finkster Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    dude i think you got further then i did, this is the message i got

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/5168/untitledup2.jpg
  • stone21
    stone21 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i have same problem as lusted heres a pic anyone got a fix???
    http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb214/stone1988/errorofsomekind.jpg
  • finkster
    finkster Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    well i have a theory that when the admins of PW inter. passed out they're clients to friendly mirror sites, a lot of them got 'messed up' or 'corrupted' along the way, so to speak. here's a quote from another thread, apparently they've been testing and testing and installing and this one seems to work 'successfully'
    Heads up, we have been downloading, downloading, testing, testing, all day.

The only confirmed, downloaded, extracted, installed, patched successfully and can get in game successfully download source so far has been:

http://mmofury.com/download.php?view.82

You have to sign up, and it gives you two files to download. It gives you Part 1 and Part 2. After the extraction (WinRAR or 7 Zip), put the Part 2 files (datapak3 and datapak4) into the part 1 directory then run the install.

This may not be the steps exactly, as I am relaying the message from one of the crew but it should help you all.

Good luck. It has been a long day :)

Thanks for hanging in there with us, and hopefully you all can download and get in game soon!

The problem seems that some of the sources have only put up half the install files in one zip for some reason, and we are still trying to figure out the corruption, lost packets issues.

i'm currently downloading this client right now, hope it works...
  • nubbie
    nubbie Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    finkster wrote: »
    well i have a theory that when the admins of PW inter. passed out they're clients to friendly mirror sites, a lot of them got 'messed up' or 'corrupted' along the way, so to speak. here's a quote from another thread, apparently they've been testing and testing and installing and this one seems to work 'successfully'

i'm currently downloading this client right now, hope it works...

Well bro tell me how it goes but i doubt it'd have to do anything with the clients itself since i downloaded the one straight off the site using torrent =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lusted
    lusted Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I tried downloading from fileplanet twice...that's a big waste of time. I downloaded the file straight from perfect world and everything was fine, the game ran perfect, etc. I did not see this error until they updated to version 4 like two days ago.

Anyways, even though I cannot read it it's obviously a database problem popup. No matter what combo you hit you're not playing the game, but closing and reopening the client usually bypasses this problem. I'd still like to know what it says tho.
  • stone21
    stone21 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i clicked verify when i opened game and rebooted comp and its fixed hope it works for u
This discussion has been closed.