Let Different Races Get The Same Quests, from Level 1

Options
jadebeauti
jadebeauti Posts: 2 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Suggestion Box
I find it very annoying that the different races cannot quest together, using the same quests, until level 20. I play with a friend, and we like to play different races, and not being able to play together till level 20 greatly reduces the enjoyment we get from playing this game. This is supposed to be a social game, so why do something that reduces socialization ? I hope you will remove the restrictions on getting other race quests from level 1 to 20.

Thanks,

Jade
Post edited by jadebeauti on

Comments

• izumirey
    izumirey Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Lvl 1-20 is just a small part of all this game. There is no restriction btw, just mobs needed for quests have different names.
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    That would kill the storyline though... and as izumirey said, it doesn't take you long to reach 20 anyway.
    Imagine how you would feel if it was a race vs race based game... -_-
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ralo
    ralo Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    It might not take you a long time to get to 20, but when you only have a limited time to play each day, and it takes you a couple weeks to get to 20, and you want to play with someone that isn't the same race, because you like a diffrent class, it is very annoying not to be able to do the same quests as them. Yes I know I could go over to another race's area and kill monsters there, but you still don't get any exp from the quests, and grinding all the time is never fun, and it would just take you that much longer to get to level 20. So in my opinion you should be able to do the same quests before level 20 with the other races. I don't know that much about the backstory other then what is on this website, but arn't all the races supposed to be allied with eachother? So why couldn't one race help another race with their quests.
  • embl3m
    embl3m Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ralo wrote: »
    It might not take you a long time to get to 20, but when you only have a limited time to play each day, and it takes you a couple weeks to get to 20, and you want to play with someone that isn't the same race, because you like a diffrent class, it is very annoying not to be able to do the same quests as them. Yes I know I could go over to another race's area and kill monsters there, but you still don't get any exp from the quests, and grinding all the time is never fun, and it would just take you that much longer to get to level 20. So in my opinion you should be able to do the same quests before level 20 with the other races. I don't know that much about the backstory other then what is on this website, but arn't all the races supposed to be allied with eachother? So why couldn't one race help another race with their quests.

you could kill 1 mob per day and you could get to level 20 in less then a couple weeks.
  • ralo
    edited August 2008
    Options
    embl3m wrote: »
    you could kill 1 mob per day and you could get to level 20 in less then a couple weeks.

That's not the point. (I don't think it is possible to do that, but it is not the point of this subject). The point is that we should be able to do the same quests at different race's starting areas so that we can level up together and get exp from the quests and do the quests together, to socialize and have fun.
  • jadebeauti
    jadebeauti Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Quote:
    you could kill 1 mob per day and you could get to level 20 in less then a couple weeks

I don't know what game you are playing, but the Perfect World I play in, there is no way you could get 20 levels by killing 14 mobs, or even double that. If you are going to post, please be realistic in your answers. :)

It would take at least a week or two of playing every day for a few hours to get to level 20. This is time I would prefer to spend playing with my friend, and not playing alone.....this was the point of my post. We play this game together and having to spend a week or two playing alone is annoying, when there really is no reason for it. The races are all allies, so why can't we work together from the start instead of only after level 20 ? :(

Jade
  • c453m4573r
    c453m4573r Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    No way. I like it better the way it is now. When I started out, I loved the idea. It lets me experience the customs, life and history of that race. The story is very rich in the beginning. And to kill it off just because it takes you a little while to hit 20 would displease me..

And what about the venomancer taming quests? There are quests for the untamed that only the female class can obtain..
  • ralo
    edited August 2008
    Options
    c453m4573r wrote: »
    No way. I like it better the way it is now. When I started out, I loved the idea. It lets me experience the customs, life and history of that race. The story is very rich in the beginning. And to kill it off just because it takes you a little while to hit 20 would displease me..

And what about the venomancer taming quests? There are quests for the untamed that only the female class can obtain..

Ok, so don't change the quest story line at all, just let other races do them. How would it damage the story line if an elfpriest wanted to help the human tailor get some thread in Etherblade? And they can go ahead and keep the class quests in the same cities. But they don't have to change the quests or anything, just let other races do the same quests. And you wouldn't have to do it. If you want to make a human and just do all the human quests, go for it. It would just be a nice option to have.
  • embl3m
    embl3m Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    jadebeauti wrote: »
    Quote:
    you could kill 1 mob per day and you could get to level 20 in less then a couple weeks

I don't know what game you are playing, but the Perfect World I play in, there is no way you could get 20 levels by killing 14 mobs, or even double that. If you are going to post, please be realistic in your answers. :)

It would take at least a week or two of playing every day for a few hours to get to level 20. This is time I would prefer to spend playing with my friend, and not playing alone.....this was the point of my post. We play this game together and having to spend a week or two playing alone is annoying, when there really is no reason for it. The races are all allies, so why can't we work together from the start instead of only after level 20 ? :(

Jade
    It was a joke. Its insanely easy to level to 20.
  • ethereal
    ethereal Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    embl3m wrote: »
    It was a joke. Its insanely easy to level to 20.

Yeah it only takes a couple of days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ralo
    edited August 2008
    Options
    That's not the point. It sure takes me more then a couple of days to level up to 20. But the fact of how fast you can get to 20 is not the point of this subject, it is doing quests together at lower levels. So what is the harm in letting people do the same quests from 1-20? If you can do them at 20+, what's the harm in letting us do them together below lvl 20?
  • margie
    margie Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I think that in this case it would be easy enough for you and your friend to come to a compromise... say he likes to play humans and you like to play winged elves... each of you makes two characters, one of each race. You start out with one race and get those two to level 20, then take the other 2 and level them to 20... then you continue on your merry way playing together as different races.

It may take you twice as long to get to 20 this way, but at least you'll be playing together exactly as you wish. I really don't see a need to change the game for this kind of thing, it really would mess with the story and continuity of it all. You start out as a young warrior who's pretty much never left home and you're going out on your own. There's no reason to assume that you would have had enough contact with another race to actually have a campaigning buddy of the same "rank" as you.
  • ralo
    edited August 2008
    Options
    That is a good idea, and we have done that before. But just thought I would make the suggestion in here. I'm not to sure how that would change the story at all. You can say you are a new warrior that just left home, but what if you are an adventerouse warrior that wants to get as far away from home as you can? If you want to look at it in a story base like that. Or an elf that is intrigued by humans and wants to be around them.
  • warbeef
    warbeef Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I completely understand what you're saying, and yes, regardless of play time, race, and level, I think you should be able to quest with a friend. BUT...It's not a reasonable option, as that means there would be 3 times the quests for you to have from level 1-20. Finish quests in City Of The Lost, head North and finish up in Ether, then head to City of Feathers.(Whatever it's called now) If you don't want to **** things up by not having 3 times the quests, you'd have to pick and choose which quests would be the ones every class would be able to go through, and it would make questing far more of an inconvenience in the long run if you had a quest in each different starting city every level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ralo
    edited August 2008
    Options
    warbeef wrote: »
    I completely understand what you're saying, and yes, regardless of play time, race, and level, I think you should be able to quest with a friend. BUT...It's not a reasonable option, as that means there would be 3 times the quests for you to have from level 1-20. Finish quests in City Of The Lost, head North and finish up in Ether, then head to City of Feathers.(Whatever it's called now) If you don't want to **** things up by not having 3 times the quests, you'd have to pick and choose which quests would be the ones every class would be able to go trough, and it would make questing far more of an inconvenience in the long run if you had a quest in each different starting city every level.

I am not sure what you are saying. Yes you would have quests at three different areas that you could do. And it would be up to the player if they wanted to go to different towns and do different quests. But I am not saying they should change the quests, keep the same quests, just make them open for everyone, and if you are afraid that people will do all three race quests to level up faster, don't MMOs normally give you less to no exp for quests that are for lower levels? Or if you are afraid you have to do all the quests in each area, you shouldn't. You choose which quests you want to do till you hit 20, and then you do the quests that they have now, that all the races can get right now, once you hit 20.
  • warbeef
    warbeef Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Sorry, I read what I wrote and it comes across confusing. I will try to correct what I assume those parts are based on your reply. Hopefully this clears up what I was trying to write.

I actually think that yes, although you get less exp for quests at your lower levels, you get plenty enough to get your way to 20 relatively easy with only the one races quests.

What I'm trying to say is, that in order for the "all races doing each others quests" up until 20 to work, they'd need to dumb down the exp rewards from all of the 1-20 quests. You'd be surprised, but you actually do have quite a few quests in the 1-20 range that come really close to the exp rewards of those in your 40-60 range. Especially the ones involving killing really hard bosses, you get terrible exp for those...

If they didn't dumb down the exp rewards, they'd probably want to select a group of quests from each starting city and cut them out, just so there would be a fair amount of questing/grinding still involved to hit 20.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ralo
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I see your point. There are ways around it, but sadly they are too difficult that these people would want to do them ::sigh::. I wonder if anything will even change during the beta at all, besides a few quest changes here and there, or a name or two. I personaly think nothing is going to change cept a few texts and names. ::shrugs::