Inflation in PW MArkets

2»

Comments

• sandwitch
    sandwitch Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    WTF ?? there is going to be a PW -EU ?? searched on google for it couldn;t find it thou.. hope the ping in us version is alright then ima stay there else i will quit playing pw...
    anyways just c after the first month on PW the prices will already be soo much different then like at the beginning, it;s all a matter of time and of how many people are dedicated to farming and stuffs.
    + when goldsellers come there isn;t much to do against it...
    there will always be sum sort of inflation no matter what
  • callintz
    callintz Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    to be honest it is both the cubi items and pw gold sellers if u havent noticed with every patch the price of cubi goes up so people go out buy in game money to purchase it which sucks for my friend on the my version since there all poor and cannot afford it. does anyone know if a site like offgamers is gonna end up as a affilate to this site like the my version -_-
  • kelo
    kelo Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    callintz wrote: »
    to be honest it is both the cubi items and pw gold sellers if u havent noticed with every patch the price of cubi goes up so people go out buy in game money to purchase it which sucks for my friend on the my version since there all poor and cannot afford it. does anyone know if a site like offgamers is gonna end up as a affilate to this site like the my version -_-
    I can't find the full post saying it, but:
    Q : Where will I be able to buy ZEN from?
    A : Our cash shop currency, Zen, will be distributed exclusively through us. We will not be distributing our cash shop currency through any external partners. (Xarfox)

This is from the FAQ, but somewhere on the forum, Xarfox (I think) said that no external site would sell money/ZEN/items for PWI.
    ~ Through the darkest of night, we shall shine brightly, revealing the path to both friendship and glory ~
    Kelovar, Radiance executor
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    With some luck it will help keep the price low. When having to go through another site like Offgamers, Cubinet took his share of the profit and Offgamer too, Dealing with the company directly should be better.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • acrimony
    acrimony Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Guys you're all forgetting one very important aspect, and that is the starter price for cash-shop items (another issue will be the starter price for HH mats but that will come a tad later in the game, and will also be influenced by how much money people have earned up to that point).

What do I mean by starter price? Simple - the average price that most sellers of cash-shop items will "agree" on.

Perhaps you'll sell all your hieros for just 500k but maybe just one or two other sellers are determined to go that low with you, and say another 20-30 people all list theirs for 7-800k.

You'll say that everyone will buy yours and such and such, however, how many cheap hieros will you supply? :) Eventually people will be forced to buy the higher-priced ones simply because there's no other option in sight.

Now someone could come up and say - hey why not think about the opposite (aka most of the people will sell their hieros for 100k just to make a quick buck). Sure that's an option as well, but I promise you they'll realise what they're losing on in about a week's time and quickly revert to higher prices.

Getting on to the topic at hand, about the increased prices of various items - that's going to happen no matter what you do, because as the game progresses, more people will have more money to spend - it's just the nature of this game.

Let's assume 30% of the player-base reaches an average character level of 85, from that point on, those people will be spending less money then everyone elese, and will be raking in a LOT of money. And you'll feel that in market prices. Prices won't stand still just because the majority is "poor" compared to a certain number of (very rich) individuals.

One other serious influence on the prices of the cash-shop items (and to a certain extent the HH materials and such) will be the number of buyers/sellers on the market. If, say, 70% of the server population buys it's own hieros (which let's face it, ARE, the biggest money - both real money, and game money - sink) then the market price will be pittiful because there'll hardly be anyone willing to buy them.

As you can guess, on the flip side, if just 10-20% of people are buying hieros (and I'm not talking just for personal use) and reselling them - you can be absolutley sure the prices will skyrocket.

But here's hoping for 50k/golden hiero eh? :D
  • nunu
    nunu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Does anyone know whether wf can still sell eggs for gold in this version? That will affect the economy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kelo
    kelo Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Well, I don't see a reason or a hint on why they could not...
    ~ Through the darkest of night, we shall shine brightly, revealing the path to both friendship and glory ~
    Kelovar, Radiance executor
  • nunu
    nunu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    If each egg will be sold for 1 gold, that's fine, but if it's 800+ gold per egg, this will encourage bots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • acrimony
    acrimony Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I would assume that, just like in the MY version, pet egg prices will vary with pet level, which makes perfect sense.

Keep in mind that the Venomancers who made loads of money, didn't just sell 1 egg, in fact they sold TONS AND TONS of eggs.

And if you're going to just use some script (to do the botting), the cheaper prices on the items won't be a huge setback - I mean instead of making the money in 3 days, they'll make it in 5 - if they're just running some self-functioning macros/whatevers, all the real person has to do is clean out the inventory once in a while - while the proper Venomancers will have a hard time making money, and let's face it, that's the biggest reason to be playing one! ;)
  • gcalex5
    gcalex5 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    citites give more then planes and forests depends where it is but u can get frikin rich if u own it
  • etur
    etur Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    what really sucks is when new items gets release or new stuff 2 make the prices r insane even the mats prices 2 make the item goes up but it does go down in like couple of weeks usually and that is what i don't like well that happens on every mmo that i play so it would probably happen here 2 don't know never play this game be4
  • mas
    mas Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    raj wrote: »
    As the Patches come the market Inflates with prices of mats falling and hieros and cubi stuff risiing. Isnt there a way to stable the inflation in the economy or GM Owner or Admin wont mind to explain how infaltion in PW Economy works. How they dEsign the system i hope you wont mind sharing ur knowledge about this excellent MMORPG with us

I have plenty of gripes about the economics in PW, so I'm elated I wasn't the only one concerned. Though other than cubi gold and game mall prices the producers of this game have nothing to do with the market. It's the responsibility of the players to keep prices reasonable; which in turn means expect the same insane economy as in PW-MY.

They could possibly try making a governing body to stabilize the economy, but in reality that dysfunctional excuse for a economy which was PW-MY Oracle was great for PW developers/owners/whatevs. Inflation like that means more people buying gold and cubi to keep up with the pack. This is no way an attack on the PWI because as I said earlier. It's up to the players to keep the economy balanced, but yeah that's not going to happen :)

Btw that doesn't mean PWI couldn't lower cubi-gold and game mall prices...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    いっしょにヴェスパでとうきょうにいきましょうか?
  • slanted
    slanted Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    as of now in PW-MY egg prices have been set to 1gold, with the new patch, so hopefully this version wont have it implemented yet
    What to do? Have you lost your way? When that happens we each have to take a good look at our hearts. There's always something forgotten. Remember it... Whatever that is, must certainly be what you are looking for... --Bugenhagen Final Fantasy VII
  • alu
    alu Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    A way for 'players to keep prices reasonable'

1. Take matters into our own hands by creating a 'treasury' guild

2. study the game economy and find out reasonable prices (balance of WTP/WTS or whatever works)

3. Guild economy price setting

4. :confused:???????:confused:

5. PROFIT!........or rather.....meet our goal of keeping prices reasonable :rolleyes:

Large guilds *do* hold that kind of power....but yeah.....