Targeting

loyalfury
loyalfury Posts: 7 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Suggestion Box
It would be a huge improvment to the game if you added a "tap to target". i just find it annoying that i have to target every single mob with the mouse curser. So basicly my suggestion is to add a option for the players to target the creatures of the game with for an example Tab or whatever buttom the player wants.

-LoyalFury
Post edited by loyalfury on

Comments

• animefan
    animefan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I agree completely. It gets annoying trying to target a mob from a distance when the Tank, DD, and a Pet or two are in the middle of a bunch of mobs, and you have to keep moving around to be able to get the cursor "just so" to target the mob. I've tried playing Mage before, and often by the time I got the mob targeted, it would be killed before my spell went off.
  • infusion
    infusion Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I agree with this suggestion
  • bron
    bron Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Making it like WoW which is a different game, but I agree that was a nifty feature.

/support
    Proud Pre-Launch CO and Pre-Launch STO Lifetime Subscriber.
  • fang
    fang Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    so, it would target the monster closest to you? :confused:
  • loyalfury
    loyalfury Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Yes that would be the most logical. but you should be able to "tap" along untill you have the mob you wished for on target lock ^^
  • gaarazero
    gaarazero Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I would love tab targeting and autoatack w/o having to click the mob every time...
  • june
    june Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I think I remember the original Perfect World version in China having TAB targeting (this was like two years ago when I tried it there). They must have removed that function a while ago because it makes it really easy to write a bot from a macro program...

All TAB does now is switch the hotkey slots for F1-F8.
  • gaarazero
    gaarazero Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    That sux,there must be another way to prevent bots...
  • jadebeauti
    jadebeauti Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I agree completely. I have been playing PW for a long time and I have often thought that tab targeting would make things much easier. Many other games (other than WoW) have this feature, so there must be a way to do it and still prevent bots. I hope the powers that be will consider it.

Jade
  • ossify
    ossify Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    they should bring back the tab function, punish the botters some other way, don't punish us legit players.
  • elite
    elite Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    thats basicly what bots do, bots are cheating though so you cant use them, i am not to sure if using a bot to target monsters then attacking them yourself is against the rules though...
  • kisahmi
    kisahmi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    generally the "TAB" key is the one for targeting nearest target. becuase of the function of this key in the game, they would have to redo the action bar.

the action bar itself needs to be overhauled since its seems rather buggy, or atleast inefficient.
  • evilash
    evilash Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i completely agree that there should be some hotkey for targeting, i just had my first party/dungeon experience and it was horrible. being a mage type venomancer, i hang back a bit cast spells and let the melee types do their thing.that said more than half the time insted of targeting the mob i was targeting my party members and having a pretty big golem for a pet in the mix dosent make things easier