Werefox ears and tail

Options
bluejen
bluejen Posts: 29 Arc User
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
Does anyone know how to change the ears and tail for werefox? the only way i can change them is by using the presets but i dont want to use that everytime and have to change the face and hair all over again. please help thank you
Post edited by bluejen on

Comments

• zoefox
    zoefox Posts: 225
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Presets. Thats all we have. I'd love to be able to change them by themselves as well.
  • coldhehee
    coldhehee Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    i have trouble having tail too!

i could of swear the malaysian version we can change tail or ear ourselves....
  • desirai
    desirai Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    coldhehee wrote: »
    i have trouble having tail too!

i could of swear the malaysian version we can change tail or ear ourselves....

no. we can't.
  • roxy
    roxy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    The only way to change your ears & tails is by presets. Bleh, I wish there was an option to manually switch into whatever we would like to have on our character.
    6to4uv.jpg

To the world, you may be one person
    But to one person, you may be the world
  • cellie
    cellie Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    E: There's no way to change the tail afterwards.
  • magoo
    magoo Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    i hate not being able to give panda's giant anime eyes >_>
    i dont think anything on the panda face is customizable.

How bout lions and tigers? (and bears ... oh my)
    :eek: :eek: :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ranthe
    ranthe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Hate to break it to you, but that's illegal here. To take it from the sticky FAQ

karmelia wrote: »
    Q : Can I edit some files in my client to have a char looks really thin or really fat? I saw it on another server I played on.
    A : we don't want that. so no lollipop characters or otherwise in the game plz (Orinj)
    A : Modifying your client side files in any way will result in an administrative action on your account. (Xarfox)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thom
    thom Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    cellie wrote: »
    Well, technically we're not modifying anything, we're just copying information that the character editor is already capable of doing, you could just manually copy the values from the editors sliders and paste them over to the models sliders with the correct tail, we're just taking a shortcut here and instead of using sliders to copy the values, we use notepad to copy the values.

I understand why that rule exists, as I imagine you could do some very stupid things with those values like the FAQ tells you, no lollipop characters or any other kind of stupid stuff. I believe that since we're only using a shortcut to copy face values (that is copy, we're not changing them, just eliminating the frustration that manually copying the slider positions would cause) to a preset, this should be perfectly fine.

Anyway, I'd like to get the admins opinion about this before jumping to any conclusions.

And even that being said, since we're not doing anything stupid here like changing the values to catastrophic measurements, there's no way of telling wether you copied the body from another preset with notepad or changed the face values with the ingame editor, so the only one who can be banned for doing this is me, since I pretty much already confessed that I did it by telling how it's done :p

There allready is a comment from the admins on that sticky. Any ini-editing is illegal and bannable. It is like that because its easier for the admins that there is no "gray-area".

So if you cant do it straight up in game, you are breaking rules.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • moonelve
    moonelve Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    i lost my tail :(
  • cellie
    edited August 2008
    Options
    thom wrote: »
    There allready is a comment from the admins on that sticky. Any ini-editing is illegal and bannable. It is like that because its easier for the admins that there is no "gray-area".

So if you cant do it straight up in game, you are breaking rules.

Just to clarify, you _can_ do this straight up in game, it's just a hell of a lot more work that way (copying slider positions to the preset that has the body type you want). The result is exactly the same wether you copy the slider positions from one preset to another or use notepad to do so in a fraction of time.
  • ranthe
    edited August 2008
    Options
    it doesnt matter, it's still .ini file editing, which is STILL illegal and bannable. Why don't you get that? That's like saying copying a DVD is fine, cause it winds up just being another DVD of the same movie, it's still illegal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skippy
    skippy Posts: 1
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ranthe wrote: »
    it doesnt matter, it's still .ini file editing, which is STILL illegal and bannable. Why don't you get that? That's like saying copying a DVD is fine, cause it winds up just being another DVD of the same movie, it's still illegal.

What? It is absolutely NOTHING like copying a DVD then claiming it's fine.

It's like using a calculator instead of doing a math problem in your head.
  • tenkei
    tenkei Posts: 63
    edited August 2008
    Options
    This is sounding like calling the Police to arrest a 2-4 year old because are being disruptive and throwing things. I mean a 4 year is going to do this generally because they don't know better.

Really I think some of you are taking the Admin's comment to extreeme. To even begin with how are they going to know this change has occured? It's within the game's actual boundaries. Now if he made a change that had a setting clearly outside of the game's boundaries I can fully agree and see that person being banned.

Otherwise if the change is within game boundaries there really isn't a whole lot the admins can do to police this, in large part because it's difficult to prove. Seriously though at that point it's quite silly to linch the person for it. Now I am not inclined to completely aprove this either, because to avoid bad behavior it's best to not point out the potential.

So the person telling people were to find the .ini I don't exactly like because it feeds potential for someone to mess with it. Like a kid when you show them an item and then say they can't have, they are going to want it more then if you just simply didn't show the kid.
  • ranthe
    edited August 2008
    Options
    doesnt matter, again. That's like saying that something isn't illegal if you don't get caught. it's still illegal. This thread should be closed considering it tells folks how to do something that is against the rules.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • epiphanyboy
    epiphanyboy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    doesnt matter, again. That's like saying that something isn't illegal if you don't get caught. it's still illegal. This thread should be closed considering it tells folks how to do something that is against the rules.

if its against the rules why havent the mods and stuff told us so yet? im sure they've been watching, face it, its not illegal. nothing is being done that isnt being done already in game. its just a different means to the same end:rolleyes:
    Enough............
  • roxy
    roxy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Modifying your client side files in any way IS illegal so please don't do that. It will result in an administrative action towards your account if one of the admin finds out.

6to4uv.jpg

To the world, you may be one person
    But to one person, you may be the world
  • cellie
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Fine, I'll take the instructions out from here. Oh wait, I defragmented my hard drive, that certainly modified the files when it copied the files around the hard disk, :eek:.
  • mei
    mei Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I don't see why this particular modification should be illegal .. it's just a simpler way out than having to redo all of the editing & saving a new .ini. I.E. -- you do what was explained earlier, the result is MOD.INI. Or, you do it the long way and pick a new body, redo all of the customization .. resulting in NEW.INI. MOD.INI and NEW.INI would look exactly the same (assuming you're just -that- good at slider positioning xD).. so what's the problem? =\

Either way, it'd be amazingly awesome (talk about repetitive, but oh so true) if the devs could add an option to change body type (e.g. venomancer's tails/ears) while editing your character appearance .. rather than having to choose a preset to get the body type you want =\
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ranthe
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Well yeah, what you're discussing is putting ears and tails together that don't fit. That's not something you can do in the game, and therefore easily spotted as illegal editing. Duh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tdreamer
    tdreamer Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Well yeah, what you're discussing is putting ears and tails together that don't fit. That's not something you can do in the game, and therefore easily spotted as illegal editing. Duh.

Wrong. Ears and tails are linked, defined by bodytype within the .ini file. Changing this variable changes them both.

Technically, by the rules set by the game EULA, modding the .ini is outside their terms of service and as Roxy said, bannable. However, there is NO way for them to verify that you've modded a saved character .ini, so...
  • bonewagon
    bonewagon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    tdreamer wrote: »
    Wrong. Ears and tails are linked, defined by bodytype within the .ini file. Changing this variable changes them both.

Technically, by the rules set by the game EULA, modding the .ini is outside their terms of service and as Roxy said, bannable. However, there is NO way for them to verify that you've modded a saved character .ini, so...

But if you're running around with a black/green/blue/whatever colored tail, that's a sure sign that you've messed with the ini file. I also have screenshots from the MY servers of a Barbarian with a ponytail. I'm pretty sure that can't happen without doing some serious editing.
  • puppetsoul
    puppetsoul Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I wanted to use deer horns with a devil tail to make Carrera from Viper GTS. No such luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • coldhehee
    coldhehee Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    puppetsoul wrote: »
    I wanted to use deer horns with a devil tail to make Carrera from Viper GTS. No such luck.

haha viper gts i love that!
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    I agree I really wish they would let us change them manually.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • Vaelissa - Lost City
    Vaelissa - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options

That has never been what this topic has been about. I don't see why it is such a bad thing to change characters within the acceptable limits. You still have to pay for a makeover scroll if your character is over two days old, all it does is save time and frustration. There is no unfair gaming advantage or negative side effect for anyone.

It is something that should be included in the first place. "Sorry, you're banned because your character is within acceptable limits, but didn't take long enough to recreate" seems like a bad reason to me.

I don't think the intent of the ini file rule is to give people who want to create a legitimate character a hard time, but instead to serve as a deterrent for those who would go outside the limits. Since the file is unencrypted in a common format, and as far as we know, the people who run the game have no way of knowing if you edited it or not (aside from screenshot proof), they don't want to do anything to encourage unacceptable characters since it is just more for them to deal with. Furthermore, this is perfectly acceptable in other versions of Perfect World, so what gives?

It's usually not very hard to distinguish between somebody who has a character within the acceptable "natural" limits, and somebody who has edited it manually. If you do see somebody who you suspect has edited the .ini file to get around the limits, send a screenshot. A GM should then be able to check their character's numbers and see for themselves and only if it is 100% verified that they changed the numerical values should disciplinary action be taken. Since it is a bannable offense, and the whole world is watching them, I don't think very many would risk creating a character that would cost them their account.

It doesn't seem like a very grey area to me, the rules on character limits only need to be clearly enforced.
  • Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear
    Smexxyfox - Heavens Tear Posts: 722 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Yea what Vaelissa said, omg Rathe whats wrong with you and the other ppl thats got that "you're not allowed to change ini files" constantly in the clipboard?

The OP made a model like the bunny/antilope preset that doesnt have a tail and wanted to know if its possible to switch to another model with a tail and still keep the look it has curently. Try to read somones post before you jump on your little "omg haxxors ban the infidels!!!"
  • Amymarie - Lost City
    Amymarie - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    wait.... so u cant change the colors of ur tail? that sux!!..but somehow i saw some girl running around lost city wth a green tail...idk how she did it but that would be sweeet. do u guys think she did that illegal thing u talked about?
  • Alacol - Sanctuary
    Alacol - Sanctuary Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Don't necro. ****. You made me necro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Switching over to Dreamweaver. See you Dreamweavers soon.
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    Necro........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Options
    >.> this was an idiotic discussion to begin with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
This discussion has been closed.