Update server problems

Comments

• xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    rzx wrote: »
    OK, I got past the patching problem. I installed, patched, logged in and played the game no problems at all on my other PC. I moved the install over to my problem PC, got thru the patch process fine - because all files were already updated. I believe it is a problem on our end. I think something is blocking our connection to the servers. My reasoning for this is when I logged into the game on the alternate PC, it showed me the server notice, server ping etc. However on my problem PC the notice was blank and showed no ping for any servers and told me I was unable to connect to the server - yes I reset my password.

The other system has WInXP 32 SP3 and was running windows firewall with no exception for PW, and still worked fine. Both PC are connected to the same DSL modem, however both have different NICs. The PC it worked on has a Nvidia nForce NIC, the problem PC has a Realtek RTL8168/8111.

I don't know what would be causing this. I really don't have a clue but I'm posting this hoping someone who knows a bit more about this than I do, has some helpful information.

Thank you very much for your information rzx. You have no idea how relieved I am to see that you've gotten in-game finally. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rzx
    rzx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    xarfox wrote: »
    Thank you very much for your information rzx. You have no idea how relieved I am to see that you've gotten in-game finally. ;)

Not quite there yet. The PC I got in game on - I don't use.

I can't figure out why or what is stopping this PC from connecting to the server, while my other PC connects just fine with no problems.
  • xarfox
    edited August 2008
    Not quite there yet. The PC I got in game on - I don't use.

I can't figure out why or what is stopping this PC from connecting to the server, while my other PC connects just fine with no problems.

Am I to assume that the client you downloaded is the same file between both computers? Or did you download two clients to two different PCs?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rzx
    edited August 2008
    Am I to assume that the client you downloaded is the same file between both computers? Or did you download two clients to two different PCs?

The client is the same on both PC's.
  • lamboo
    lamboo Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    yeah i`m happy that it worked for ya rxz,
    But how about the other players who are w8ting now ??

i re-instaled the game again still stucks at buff_str.txt
    and when i`m trying to verify everything it hang on console_cmd.txt

i realy want to play And i realy would like it if you admins/Gm`s would update us more , iv
  • sefomi1
    sefomi1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I was wondering if there is an ftp site where we can download this patch from? Maybe this could solve the problem?
  • xarfox
    edited August 2008
    The client is the same on both PC's.

rzx, do you have east asian languages installed on the PC that is not working?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rzx
    edited August 2008
    rzx, do you have east asian languages installed on the PC that is not working?

No, I do not.
  • xii
    xii Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    oh, xarfox...do we happen to need some sort of font package to patch the game successfully?!

that could my issue...i'm not sure if have some specialized asian font pack.

so is the font i need called "east asian font." i'll go check right now on my font status...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xarfox
    edited August 2008
    xii wrote: »
    oh, xarfox...do we happen to need some sort of font package to patch the game successfully?!

that could my issue...i'm not sure if have some specialized asian font pack.

so is the font i need called "east asian font." i'll go check right now on my font status...

We are still confirming whether or not this is the issue. There are several other avenues we are currently pursuing to fix the problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • seneca
    seneca Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    xark, g/l mang, lemme know
  • lamboo
    edited August 2008
    still havn`t found a solution ?
  • magoo
    magoo Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    no sure fix yet , but they have possible leads.
    Which is good news for us ^_^
    :eek: :eek: :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • esc0rz
    esc0rz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I just wanted to let you guys know that there was an update and the game client is now at 4 instead of 2 or 3. Hopefully you guys can log on?

And now for something completely unrelated:

Magoo, I love New Zealand. I can't wait to move there sometime next year or so. :D
  • rzx
    edited August 2008
    esc0rz wrote: »
    I just wanted to let you guys know that there was an update and the game client is now at 4 instead of 2 or 3. Hopefully you guys can log on?

Magoo, I love New Zealand. I can't wait to move there sometime next year or so. :D

Still can't login. Works fine without a problem on a different PC but on my main PC, just sits at buff_str.txt. Driving me nuts.
  • lamboo
    edited August 2008

it still doen`t work by me same prob as by rxz
  • chika
    chika Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Still not working here either. I may just ask my friend to send me his elements.data and tasks.data files... >>;;
  • magoo
    magoo Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2008

Yeh New Zealand is mad , dont think i could live anywhere else in the world.
    Where ya moving from? and where in nz are ya moving too? if its alright for me to ask.

edit// i think i left the track. But meh its 6am server time noones listening anyway muahaha.
    Ill just haunt this thread till a fix is found.

But Yeh im pretty sure our errors are related to our computers blocking a port or not being able to make a connection
    due to something in the patcher code? The anti hax perhaps? hmm thoughts to ponder.
    Gnite all 1:30am here.
    :eek: :eek: :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nuno666
    nuno666 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
  • rzx
    edited August 2008
    nuno666 wrote: »

Unfortunately, this is not a solution. I tried doing that yesterday and it does not work for those of us stuck on buff_str.txt because there is no file named buff_str.txt to delete.
  • ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    It could be packed within another resource file. Try just deleting and repatching element.data
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rzx
    edited August 2008
    ryuuzaki wrote: »
    It could be packed within another resource file. Try just deleting and repatching element.data

I don't think you understand the problem we have here. Please read the thread for an idea.

Can't connect to the patcher - can't download element.data.
  • rzx
    edited August 2008

I tried it. But like I said, it's an issue with actually connecting to the patcher. It's as if something is blocking access. Please read my previous posts for further information regarding the issue.
  • ryuuzaki
    ryuuzaki Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Whew, OK... I read through allllll 15 pages. I'll be interested to see if the font thing makes a difference. I don't think my PC at home has any asian fonts installed...

Anyway. Two questions:

1) When you reinstalled all those times - did you first completely uninstall PWI? And by uninstall, I also mean going to where the PWI program folder is located and manually deleting it (if it still exists) after the automated uninstall. If there's any corrupted files, the automated uninstall program might not get them all, and simply reinstalling might not replace them.

2) Have you cleared your Temp files and Temporary Internet Files from your PC? Run Disk Cleanup on your C: drive.

If you have tried those, and reinstalled cleanly and still have issues... let us know. ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • foolrunning
    foolrunning Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I looked back a couple of pages, but didn't see this asked. Sorry if it was asked a while back. :D
    Are you running Vista on the computer that won't update? You mentioned that you were using XP SP3 on the one that worked, but didn't say what you were running on the one that wouldn't work.
  • rzx
    edited August 2008
    Whew, OK... I read through allllll 15 pages. I'll be interested to see if the font thing makes a difference. I don't think my PC at home has any asian fonts installed...

Anyway. Two questions:

1) When you reinstalled all those times - did you first completely uninstall PWI? And by uninstall, I also mean going to where the PWI program folder is located and manually deleting it (if it still exists) after the automated uninstall. If there's any corrupted files, the automated uninstall program might not get them all, and simply reinstalling might not replace them.

2) Have you cleared your Temp files and Temporary Internet Files from your PC? Run Disk Cleanup on your C: drive.

If you have tried those, and reinstalled cleanly and still have issues... let us know. ^_^

1) Yes.
    2) Yes.
  • rzx
    edited August 2008
    I looked back a couple of pages, but didn't see this asked. Sorry if it was asked a while back. :D
    Are you running Vista on the computer that won't update? You mentioned that you were using XP SP3 on the one that worked, but didn't say what you were running on the one that wouldn't work.

I've mentioned several times throughout the thread that I'm using Win XP 32 bit SP2 - Although I've upgraded to SP3 now in hopes it would work since the computer it does work on runs SP3. Still no dice though. So both computers running Win XP 32 SP3.
  • callandor
    callandor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    *sigh i did what you asked ryuu, still doesnt work
  • lamboo
    edited August 2008
    same here ... -_- i don
  • lamboo
    edited August 2008
    same here.. i don`t get it all my othrt freinds can play PW and all of them have vista so that shouldn`t be tha bropblem ....well guess i`m going doing some booring stuff then cya ... -__-;
This discussion has been closed.