not user friendly interface

Options
coldhehee
coldhehee Posts: 3 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
difficult to locate npc, skill master and locations.

bunch of icons without text... have to point pointer at it for few sec to show up what icon is what.

again difficult to locate skill masters in town

overall not user friendly.
Post edited by coldhehee on

Comments

• zoefox
    zoefox Posts: 225
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Actually there is a game feature that allows you to simply type in the coordinates of what you are looking for (the quests often give you them) and a blue arrow will appear on your screen and point you in the right direction.
    At the same time, you get a list of all the NPCs in the area. Click on their name and you get that same arrow directing you to them. I believe this is on your mini-map in the top right corner of your screen.
  • june
    june Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    There is a green icon below the minimap in the top right. It has a green arrow pointing at a crosshair with "Coordinates Assistant" as the tooltip.

After clicking the icon, a list of presets will pop up. Double click or manually input waypoints for a total of up to 5 waypoints which will show up as color coded arrows. Waypoints can be entered for the current location, and also on the World Map and Local Map. Also, hovering one's mouse in the minimap over the NPC yellow/orange dots should also show the name/title of the npc.

Also, on the quest page, click on a quest will make it active, and the respective yellow waypoint will appear for completion of the next step of a quest. Coordinates are given also for manual input if necessary.
  • zoefox
    zoefox Posts: 225
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Hey, much better explaination than mine. I've been away from this game for too long.
  • june
    edited August 2008
    Options
    zoefox wrote: »
    Hey, much better explaination than mine. I've been away from this game for too long.

Ooopsie. Your explanation was good also. I think I just elaborated without really reading your post. Sorry for the information overlap. ^_~
  • brando
    brando Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Hopefully in the future someone will create a quest helper website.

e.g. Thottbot or Wowhead (WoW Quest Helpers)
    WoW - CoH - LotRO
  • june
    edited August 2008
    Options
    brando wrote: »

e.g. www.thottbot.com ; www.wowhead.com (WoW Quest Helpers)

There is one starting on:
    http://www.1perfectworld.com/

There are a couple of other info sites:
    http://pw-main.onlinewelten.com/
    http://www.asiapworld.com/pw/

There is also a lot of info starting to gather on the forums here. ^_^
  • ranthe
    ranthe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I like the interface of this game. it's easy to keep track of my skills and potions, plus being able to set up attack skill macros makes it a lot easier to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lipe124
    lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Yea i totally agree with the OP, also breating is really hard I wish i can buy something that breathes for me.. (yea that was massive sarcasm)

The interface is actually top notch, just spend more than 1 day and at least check out all the features before you start to complain. There is 1000's of ppl in game, just ask i you're stuck and somone will show u how to do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
  • ence
    ence Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    brando wrote: »

e.g. Thottbot or Wowhead (WoW Quest Helpers)

I'm actually working on it atm. Head to quest section and see my progress on Elf Quests ;P Human and Beast quests coming shortly <.<;;
  • nuno666
    nuno666 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    bad thing is that u can only have 5 waypoints... should be unlimited for materials grabing puposes ^^
  • june
    edited August 2008
    Options
    nuno666 wrote: »
    bad thing is that u can only have 5 waypoints... should be unlimited for materials grabing puposes ^^

Yah. I have to end up linking my waypoint to I pass by several resources to get maybe 2 or 3 resources per waypoint :(

BTW, this is the thread for ence's Elf Quest guide. It is highly detailed!
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=5321
  • oran
    oran Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    When I read the topic I thought it is about shortcut keys in PW, coz other things are cool. But this shortcuts just have non sense, B for Inventory, R for Skills, only C for Character stands correctly, I believe in MY version there was a option when you was setting up your controls, but I cant find it here, am I right?
  • kyou
    kyou Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Random question:

On the minimap...:

Yellow dots are NPCs
    Purple dots are finished quest NPCs
    Orange dots are....?
    Red dots are...?
    Green dots are other players

Did i forget other colors?
    Do tell.
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    oran wrote: »
    When I read the topic I thought it is about shortcut keys in PW, coz other things are cool. But this shortcuts just have non sense, B for Inventory, R for Skills, only C for Character stands correctly, I believe in MY version there was a option when you was setting up your controls, but I cant find it here, am I right?
    Well, it could be B for backpack and Q is fitting for quests, E: Emotes, R for skills is like, the only one that is not fitting.

Sure, they are not the shortcuts mmos usually use (like, I for inventory) but it's not a big deal.
    And no, MY-EN's client didn't have the key mapping feature, just like this one.

@kyou: grey dots: monsters (have to turn it on though, it one of the icons on you HP/MP bar)

Oh btw, you can click the HP/MP/EXP text to make a bar appear over your character's (and your target's) head
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • suey
    suey Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    How do you find someone in game that may start in a different area than you? Can you teleport to them or do you have to run to get where they are? Speaking of running does anybody else wish that your Character ran faster? The game is huge and that is awesome, but it takes forever to cover ground.
  • lipe124
    lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    the easiest way si to party and open the worldmap, then u can tell where your friend is. There isnt a instant tele to party system but you can tele to a town close. Running is slow, thats what horses and flying mounts are for ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
  • june
    edited August 2008
    Options
    kyou wrote: »
    Orange dots are....?

Big Darker Orange round dots are Quest available from npc.
    People in the (same guild or was it friends list?) show up as a smaller square yellow orange dot if I recall correctly....
    Party members show up as round blue dots, and the leader is a big round green dot.
  • palidore
    palidore Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Coming in as a new player to PW, though a vet mmo player, I do have to say that the UI in PW is one of the worst I've seen. Figured everything out after a short amount of time, yes, but still very unorganized and clunky.