why No Sound Of Impact?

Options
coldhehee
coldhehee Posts: 3 Arc User
edited September 2008 in General Discussion
why No Sound Of Impact?

I am a warrior.... hitting mobs with default attack only hear sound of swing of my stick but not sound of impact. but why mobs do have sound of impact when it hit us? but when we hit mobs it dont have sound of impact.... whats up?

there is no sound of impact to default normal attacks. skill attacks do have sound of impact but why not default attack too? I know this aint no bug since the malaysian version dont have it too. this reminds me of ever quest 2....
Post edited by coldhehee on

Comments

• kaeriin
    kaeriin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    This is actually a good point... This game lacks "powerful" sounds, specially bassy ones... It takes alot of fun away when killing mobs... For you to enjoy killing it really has to have that powerful combo of visual + sounds.. which is a shame, because its such a great game
  • coldhehee
    edited August 2008
    Options
    absolutely. l2 got nice sound of impact and so as mabinogi. perfect world should atleast have the same sound of impact as when mob hit us but too bad perfect world dont have sound of impact at all when player hitting mobs. only sound of swinging weapon.
  • zoefox
    zoefox Posts: 225
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Even Perfect World isn't perfect after all. :p
  • alazar
    alazar Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I agree with this too. Impact sound would be a good addition and it wouldnt be much more work I'm sure. Maybe a patch?
  • ranthe
    ranthe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    from what i've seen the attacking sounds are in the game, but they seem to be turned down way low. the volume of those particular sounds needs turned up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • monkeybone
    monkeybone Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    am i the only one who finds that the sound of the falling monster sounds stupid (and too loud)?
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    there are alot of sounds missing, even sounds for the emotes for some classes =/
    even the music doesn't have the same volume on all tracks (just listen to the 2 opening themes we have; one is obviously too loud)
    imho, sound is one of the weak points of PW
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kyou
    kyou Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    soukyuu wrote: »
    there are alot of sounds missing, even sounds for the emotes for some classes =/
    even the music doesn't have the same volume on all tracks (just listen to the 2 opening themes we have; one is obviously too loud)
    imho, sound is one of the weak points of PW

I strongly disagree.
    The music is beautiful and it makes a peaceful environment.

I see some people are fixated over the sound of hitting someone over the head, but I really like it as it is. A lot of SF sounds creates not-so-cozy atmosphere...

Though I agree there should be an option in... options, to turn on or off the impact sound.
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    kyou wrote: »
    I strongly disagree.
    Did you actually read what i said about the music? I didn't say the music is bad, i said the volumes are inconsistent.
    normally, the volume of a music album is normalized, so that different tracks on them sound at nearly the same volume, varying a bit depending on the type or the track (an orchestra piece will sound louder than a flute solo for example) but in PW, one theme is about 5db louder than every other track in the "album". Others vary too much, too. That's what i mean.
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sealed
    sealed Posts: 781
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Its just Beta they MIGHT fix stuff!!

sealed~
  • coldhehee
    edited August 2008
    Options
    kyou wrote: »
    I strongly disagree.

haha. misread?
  • coldhehee
    edited August 2008
    Options
    sealed wrote: »
    Its just Beta they MIGHT fix stuff!!

sealed~

i dont think the excuse "its jus beta" will justify it since the malaysian version been out some time now and still have no sound of impact. they just dont have sound of impact.

......but i do hope they add sound of impact as a patch update like someone said.
  • enigma32
    enigma32 Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ......but i do hope they add sound of impact as a patch update like someone said

Probably won't happen as soon as open beta begins...I'm not a techie, but it sounds too difficult IMO to simply add in such short time. But if you and alazar mean a patch later in the game as it goes on, that would definitly be awsome.
  • coldhehee
    edited August 2008
    Options
    zoefox wrote: »
    Even Perfect World isn't perfect after all. :p

yeah what a misleading name lol
  • coldhehee
    edited September 2008
    Options
    kaeriin wrote: »
    This is actually a good point... This game lacks "powerful" sounds, specially bassy ones... It takes alot of fun away when killing mobs... For you to enjoy killing it really has to have that powerful combo of visual + sounds.. which is a shame, because its such a great game

yup yup definitely a great point.