Can we get an official bug-tracking method or thread?

Options
kitfox
kitfox Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
See above. :)

Beta is for finding and SQUISHING bugs. If they can't be tracked, they can't be squished. Squishing bugs is a VERY good thing. They make a satisfying splat.

"Knowing the Village" quest:
"Visit the ...?" The apothecary has no title in the quest section title.
Post edited by kitfox on

Comments

• ranthe
    ranthe Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    there's the tech support forum, orinj opened a thread there for bug reports
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    You can submit all your bugs in our tech support forum, also you can email techsupport@perfectworldinc.com or customerservice@perfectworldinc.com

We are constantly looking at all of your feedback and relaying information to the developers. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • theelder
    theelder Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Greetings,
    I am one of the the main translators/quality assurance providers for PW:I.
    Please help us out by providing bug reports in the official thread
    kitfox wrote: »

Beta is for finding and SQUISHING bugs. If they can't be tracked, they can't be squished. Squishing bugs is a VERY good thing. They make a satisfying splat.

"Knowing the Village" quest:
    "Visit the ...?" The apothecary has no title in the quest section title.

Please follow KITFOX's lead when reporting bugs.
    We ask that users provide the following information regarding found bugs:

-Quest name or where BUG appears
    -An EXACT quote of the bugged text. The text really needs to be exactly as it appears (including punctuation) or I will not be able to find it
    -A screenshot

I will peronally fix these text bugs. :D
  • kitfox
    edited August 2008
    Options
    That thread seemed to have been more for bugs in the other client versions. Are you sure that is the best one for reporting issues with the Beta version here?
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Can we get this stickied?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • rev
    rev Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I made a thread here of various bugs and things that could be changed (names and stuff) for the quality of the game in the general forum, mainly because it is in fact the most viewed forum.
    "Either you die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." Harvey Dent - The Dark Knight

Phase 1 Dungeon Design Contest Winner!
    Entry: Hall of Forsaken Souls, Twas fun to design.
  • kitfox
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Welp, CB is only 1 week. From what i can surmise, this is "pretested" and "predeveloped" software with just localizations in question on the IntEN version. Use the Element Client, run an element server (Or whatever the server is called), and populate the database with the proper text.

As such, other than load testing and database testing, there isn't much to worry about the software or hardware. Therefore the main testing focus should likely be on localization and "translations", so to speak.

Therefore, after doing a Once-Through with a VM, I have done as promised and started a BB named Horton, who shall now go find all the Hu's in Lost City. While Horton hears a Hu, he shall also look at all the text with a fine scope and see Where Things Don't Quite Work.

Post-edit:

Well, there is a good example of a forum bug. Inserted an extended symbol into this message and it got truncated at that symbol (Unregistered Trademark Symbol, mind you)

Anyway... As I was saying...

From what I can surmise, the local team does not have much if any control over actual software coding. As such, they need to focus on localization and try to make a very pretty and well-designed piece of eye candy look professional in text as well. It's already been observed by folks that the game allows you to skip the quest info and just do stuff, since the tracking gives you pretty much all the details you need. The thing that will make the game more successful though is to have such immersive concepts that people DON'T skip the text. Get them mentally hooked on the game.

As a published novelist and professional editor, I know the importance of words in things. Get people emotionally attached and they won't want to leave, so they will spend money to stay. Regardless, with this standing, I will be giving both technical and editorial critique on the translation aspect. may Doug have mercy on your text strings.

Expect a Huge Laundry List post soon.
  • tiene
    tiene Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    xarfox wrote: »
    You can submit all your bugs in our tech support forum, also you can email techsupport@perfectworldinc.com or customerservice@perfectworldinc.com

We are constantly looking at all of your feedback and relaying information to the developers. ;)

This is a very poor way to collect bug reports. The reason is that you will get hundreds (if not thousands) of the same bugs reported.

There should be a forum thread to compile all the bugs to avoid repeated posts.