Update server problems

Comments

• dothacker
    dothacker Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I don't know what it's updating though, because it hasn't spawned a new file in element/data folder or anything... >.>
  • esc0rz
    esc0rz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Is anything getting stuck?
  • dothacker
    edited August 2008
    Meh. I don't think it has anything to do with whether I delete it or not. It's still not really doing anything different. It's still sticking on tasks.data. Right now it's loaded that one at about 55%.
  • esc0rz
    edited August 2008
    But it's not getting stuck on a file, right? I don't think it's supposed to do anything different... o_o But if Element or Tasks.data isn't redownloading, that might be an issue...
  • dothacker
    edited August 2008
    It's stuck at about 55%. Should I quit and retry again?
  • esc0rz
    edited August 2008
    Yes, and put resume. *crosses fingers*
  • koz
    koz Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I had elements.data cleared but then xarfox told us to reinstall it and now it's stuck back at elements.data T_T
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dothacker
    edited August 2008
    koz wrote: »
    I had elements.data cleared but then xarfox told us to reinstall it and now it's stuck back at elements.data T_T

Yeah, I had the same issue... though, if you resume enough through the elements.data, you might be able to get back to tasks.data. I've done it twice already after being stuck on elements.
  • rzx
    rzx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Mine never even gets to a element.data file. Starts with buff_str.txt and stays there.
  • esc0rz
    edited August 2008
    Try some of the things I've suggested. Perhaps it might help you out? I'm no computer application expert, but I seem to be the only one helping people with ideas. :-\
  • dothacker
    edited August 2008
    rzx wrote: »
    Mine never even gets to a element.data file. Starts with buff_str.txt and stays there.

I'm not even going to pretend to know what's wrong with it. -_-;;
  • rzx
    rzx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    esc0rz wrote: »
    Try some of the things I've suggested. Perhaps it might help you out? I'm no computer application expert, but I seem to be the only one helping people with ideas. :-\

We've done everything you've posted already several times.
  • dothacker
    edited August 2008
    Ack... okay, it's not even at 50% any more... it seems like mostly luck, getting through these things right now.
  • koz
    koz Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Well if they get it fixed before OB starts I'll be happy. Idc if I get to play cbt or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dothacker
    edited August 2008
    I wonder if they're still awake, working on it right now? It's getting late, and they've been working pretty hard... I feel sorry for the tech/engineering team. :/
  • dothacker
    edited August 2008
    Should I just wait and see if it times out?
  • dothacker
    edited August 2008
    Okay, it timed out, no luck. :(
  • esc0rz
    edited August 2008
    Edit: nevermind.

I'm fresh out of ideas. :-\
  • dothacker
    edited August 2008
    Dang.... isn't there supposed to be an admin on this thread? Didn't they say they'd check back in and update us? I'd love to hear if they've had any luck with anything.
  • dothacker
    edited August 2008
    Okay, I don't know if this is any use, but I opened "C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\patcher\server" and found the server url: "patch" "http://pwipatch.perfectworld.com/patch/". So I opened cmd and tried to ping it, but I only got:

"Ping request could not find host http://pwipatch.perfectworld.com/patch/. Please
    check the name and try again."

It's as if the server doesn't exist in the first place, or it has the wrong url. I dunno, just speculating...
  • callandor
    callandor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    lol admin sleeping ftl?
  • magoo
    magoo Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Stuck on buff_str.txt as well. Tried most if not all solutions posted here.

Teething problems - to be expected when rolling out any big project like this.

Those folks that are also stuck on buff_str do you run through servers or a direct connection to your router?
    and also do you use torrents? Both of these can sometimes block off certain ports.

This could be a cause for the issue - but upon saying that i hope i havent put ideas into the help teams head's.

Manual Patch Please ^_^.
    :eek: :eek: :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dothacker
    edited August 2008
    The log says that every time I close the patcher "Folder closed successfully." But when it does the timeout, it says "update interrupted". Doesn't that seem odd?
  • esc0rz
    edited August 2008
    Perhaps they are? lol

They need sleep too you know. :P

and lol at this:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Esc>ping www.perfectworld.com

Pinging perfectworld.com [64.74.129.88] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.
  • dothacker
    edited August 2008
    Perhaps they are? lol

They need sleep too you know. :P

and lol at this:

Huh. Apparently the website we're on right now isn't even working... o_O;;; Twiiiiiiilight Zoooooooneee!
  • esc0rz
    edited August 2008
    dothacker wrote: »
    The log says that every time I close the patcher "Folder closed successfully." But when it does the timeout, it says "update interrupted". Doesn't that seem odd?

That is weird... :confused:

Hopefully tomorrow Admins will come bearing good news for those of you who can't update. :-\

As for me, I'm off to bed. I haven't sleep since I woke up yesterday morning. -L-
  • magoo
    magoo Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    dothacker wrote: »
    Huh. Apparently the website we're on right now isn't even working... o_O;;; Twiiiiiiilight Zoooooooneee!
    its a reality within a reality.
    Meanwhile they continue feeding of our bio electric energy.
    oh noes. :eek:
    :eek: :eek: :eek:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dothacker
    edited August 2008
    That is weird... :confused:

Hopefully tomorrow Admins will come bearing good news for those of you who can't update. :-\

As for me, I'm off to bed. I haven't sleep since I woke up yesterday morning. -L-

Okay, good night! Thanks for all your help and support, and see you tomorrow! :)
  • dothacker
    edited August 2008
    magoo wrote: »
    its a reality within a reality.
    Meanwhile they continue feeding of our bio electric energy.
    oh noes. :eek:

lol That rhymed...
  • callandor
    callandor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I have a feeling we wont be able to patch till the last day of CB :P
This discussion has been closed.