bot report

Options
nunu
nunu Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2008 in General Discussion
Saw a lot of bots at 'Ancient Peak', venos just botting away. Reported several times ingame, no actions taken. I have screenshots to prove it if GMs would like to see.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by nunu on

Comments

• ragingwind
    ragingwind Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Sadly, I think botting might actually *gulp* help CB since it's only gonna last a week. It helps testers to get to higher levels to test those quests. As much as I hate botting, this might be the only case where it can do some good.

DISCLAIMER: I think creators of bot programs should be put before a firing squad. :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kyleh
    kyleh Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    already bots in game? lol time to quit, if no action is taken
  • ossify
    ossify Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    hmm, just hope this won't be the case when OB comes =)
  • kenneth
    kenneth Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Bots so quickly? They got here rather quick. :(

But bots never bothered me. I was never on such a high level in the first place.
  • zoefox
    zoefox Posts: 225
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Plus we know that within like, a week of the OB launch, the gold farmers / 3rd party sellers will start their spamming.
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Trying to have bots is dumb on this game. Completing quests helps you level way quicker then solo grinding.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • zoefox
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Trying to have bots is dumb on this game. Completing quests helps you level way quicker then solo grinding.

Apparently botting was a problem on PW MY since I got ambushed by GMs more than once telling me to respond to them or I'm banned. I asked them why and I was told they were doing bot checks.
  • june
    june Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options

True, completing quests is faster than grinding or bot leveling, but bots do interfere with the game-play of others directly, by kill-stealing mobs and preventing others from completing their quests and causing server load/lag by having hundreds, even thousands, of connections to the server which are bots.

In addition, the biggest impact of mass bot farming are when the bots are used to farm for in game gold, and then sold for real money on third party sites. This could destroy the in game economy, causing very high inflation, as well as unbalancing game-play such as in the auction house, and in territory war bidding.

Hopefully, when open beta starts, when we report bots using the in-game messenger to the GM, GMs will be able to take decisive action and prevent gold selling from ruining our Perfect World.

BTW, PW MY did not start getting a handle on gold farming really until it went gold around this May, but it is still an issue. People unmentioned have paid like $30USD to get like 30,000,000 in game gold on an unmentioned gold selling site. This is a deal because, the current prices for one cubigold ($1USD) on the auction house fluctuates now at around 400,000 in game on Oracle. Mass botting is a big issue, not when it's individual players, but when it's organize crime. So please, this is a serious issue...
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    nunu wrote: »
    Saw a lot of bots at 'Ancient Peak', venos just botting away. Reported several times ingame, no actions taken. I have screenshots to prove it if GMs would like to see.

Please send your reports and screenshots to customerservice@perfectworldinc.com

We will definitely look into these players and put a stop to any botters found.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lazor
    lazor Posts: 36
    edited August 2008
    Options
    this is the very thing that scares me....I was banned 1 time in pw-my for partying with a bot....and was never given a reason why i was being held responsible. I dont no about bots and i dont no how a bot can send out a party invite.

I d like to no if someone is partied with a bot will they get banned too? Coz ifthe answer is yes..im ganna have to find someone to show me what a bot looks like and how not to party with 1
  • ricochetsaw
    ricochetsaw Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    its an inevitabl epart of MMO games, people create account to get gold to sell for money, live with it or play single player games... also, they just might be MultiBoxers/DualBoxers...
  • june
    edited August 2008
    Options
    lazor wrote: »
    this is the very thing that scares me....I was banned 1 time in pw-my for partying with a bot....and was never given a reason why i was being held responsible. I dont no about bots and i dont no how a bot can send out a party invite.

I d like to no if someone is partied with a bot will they get banned too? Coz ifthe answer is yes..im ganna have to find someone to show me what a bot looks like and how not to party with 1

They usually killing all the closest monsters, regardless of mob type. They're often venomancers :( They will attack the closest monster, even if it is ksing another player. If they die, then they will path back to the same location and continue fighting again. Most of them will just continue killing their mob while they are being pked and not respond. They're also incapable of intelligent conversation. :P Sometimes, they are being monitored by the botter though. Being part of a party is just one of the tricks of a botter to lend their bot a false sense of legitimacy.

Sometimes, it takes watching it for a few minutes to really be able to tell. That is just what I noticed of the farming bots I've seen.
  • alazar
    alazar Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    We are in a pk server right? Why can't we just pk bots?
  • monkeybone
    monkeybone Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    before level 30 it's imposible and btw, it's a pvp and NOT a pk server.
  • ragingwind
    ragingwind Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    alazar wrote: »
    We are in a pk server right? Why can't we just pk bots?
    That's only possible if the bot is above level 30 and is not in a town.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • djtav0
    djtav0 Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    june wrote: »

True, completing quests is faster than grinding or bot leveling, but bots do interfere with the game-play of others directly, by kill-stealing mobs and preventing others from completing their quests and causing server load/lag by having hundreds, even thousands, of connections to the server which are bots.

In addition, the biggest impact of mass bot farming are when the bots are used to farm for in game gold, and then sold for real money on third party sites. This could destroy the in game economy, causing very high inflation, as well as unbalancing game-play such as in the auction house, and in territory war bidding.

Hopefully, when open beta starts, when we report bots using the in-game messenger to the GM, GMs will be able to take decisive action and prevent gold selling from ruining our Perfect World.

BTW, PW MY did not start getting a handle on gold farming really until it went gold around this May, but it is still an issue. People unmentioned have paid like $30USD to get like 30,000,000 in game gold on an unmentioned gold selling site. This is a deal because, the current prices for one cubigold ($1USD) on the auction house fluctuates now at around 400,000 in game on Oracle. Mass botting is a big issue, not when it's individual players, but when it's organize crime. So please, this is a serious issue...

wtf? 1 cubi gold 400k ? is that sht true ? it was like 75-100k when i was playing there. wtf happened..
  • june
    edited August 2008
    Options
    djtav0 wrote: »
    wtf? 1 cubi gold 400k ? is that sht true ? it was like 75-100k when i was playing there. wtf happened..

Yah. It was like up to there like last Friday on PW MY Oracle before TW. This is from a screenshot right now.
    PWMY-gold.jpg

Oooh, lucky! 353k for 1 cubi gold! Cheap! Cheap!
  • lipe124
    lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    pk'ing bots is a waste of time cos you will go red and the bot will just return over and over. Its too bad we cant heal/buff mobs in this game XD I used to remember how we healed mobs in ragnarok so they could kill botters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
  • manorchid
    manorchid Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    lipe124 wrote: »
    I used to remember how we healed mobs in ragnarok so they could kill botters.

:D this is funny.

i must say it is a bit hard to believe anyone would set up a bot on a closed beta. Unless of course they're doing a beta test of their own....:D (i really hope not, bots suck)
  • coot
    coot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options

agreed. and when these botters reach high level.. are they gonna have friends in game? are they gonna be any good at pvp?

I wouldnt worry about it, all the actual high levels will know who the botters are and they wont be treated very nicely :D
  • ossify
    edited August 2008
    Options
    its an inevitabl epart of MMO games, people create account to get gold to sell for money, live with it or play single player games... also, they just might be MultiBoxers/DualBoxers...

live with it? wow. so if you see a thief stealing, you wouldn't call the police, right? some conscience you have there. or maybe you're just defending yourself, cuz you're the thief.
  • coot
    coot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ossify wrote: »
    live with it? wow. so if you see a thief stealing, you wouldn't call the police, right? some conscience you have there. or maybe you're just defending yourself, cuz you're the thief.

put on your big girl panties and deal with it.
  • bike
    bike Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I don't think the GMs are too keen on cracking down on bots in closed beta. Don't go whining and threating with you quitting until we see the Open Beta bot control.
  • ence
    ence Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Yeah as stated above, botting is pointless for grinding and leveling yes, but usually it's used for:

Gain items->get coin->handoff large amounts of coin to other npc->coin is then sold for real-life cash. I've seen that system used a lot by gold-sellers and people who will offer money to people in exchange for real-life money.

The cash-sellers, if you will. That is why bots are a concern. Oh, and if they choke up the beginner zone then the beginners get discouraged and don't play...then you lose customer/gamer base.
  • jrg
    jrg Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    lazor wrote: »

An easy but kind of rude way is, if a suspicious player invites you to party and proceeds to very mechanical killing, just walk up and PM them, asking "Hi, are you there? Please reply if you are not a bot."

Sometimes players ignore/block PMs, so also ask again in party chat.

If the person does not speak in party chat at all, nor answers your question, in a considerable wait time, it's PRETTY likely that this is a bot you're dealing with.
  • orinj
    orinj Posts: 460 admin
    edited August 2008
    Options
    hi there,

yeah, we're quite aware of the bot issues. if you've filed a report, know that we've received them and a GM has already seen them. the GM staff remains invis when investigating bot reports so that may be the reason why some folks think that the issue goes unchecked.

and we have reasons for letting bots sometimes roam around in beta (muahahhahaha!); all of which is ultimately for your benefit. and it's not to gameplay test (muahahahha @ botters).

trust me, when we go live and anyone reports a botter, we will act swiftly. if you don't see action right away, rest assured knowing that we do things on the backend to wipe out such vermin.

thanks ^_^

orinj
    F.E.A.R. has two meanings: Forget Everything And Run - OR - Face Everything And Rise. The choice is yours, my friend.
  • zoefox
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Will you also go after random players like they did in PW-MY? Find an active character and ask them a question and give them a ban threat if they don't respond within a few seconds.

It was kind of scary. A GM would appear from nothing, ask me something and say I'm banned if I don't respond in a few seconds. After I do they just go invisible again.
  • june
    edited August 2008
    Options
    orinj wrote: »
    hi there,

yeah, we're quite aware of the bot issues. if you've filed a report, know that we've received them and a GM has already seen them. the GM staff remains invis when investigating bot reports so that may be the reason why some folks think that the issue goes unchecked.

and we have reasons for letting bots sometimes roam around in beta (muahahhahaha!); all of which is ultimately for your benefit. and it's not to gameplay test (muahahahha @ botters).

trust me, when we go live and anyone reports a botter, we will act swiftly. if you don't see action right away, rest assured knowing that we do things on the backend to wipe out such vermin.

thanks ^_^

orinj

Thank you orinj! That's really reassuring to know! I think can see why a GM would remain invisible. A botter who is farming for gold is like monitoring 12 clients while reading a book, could easily see and respond when an avatar with prominent ★GM shows up. Not to mention, a botting program could be written to sound an alert to the botter as soon as a ★GM tagged avatar shows up within the player data radius (whatever the radius is for the standard size mini map). Also you can track their IP at least to their Proxy IP, even if they are spoofing, and perform packet analysis on botting programs. If the devs do some searching, they can find online and operate a bot program for reference.
    zoefox wrote: »
    Will you also go after random players like they did in PW-MY? Find an active character and ask them a question and give them a ban threat if they don't respond within a few seconds.

It was kind of scary. A GM would appear from nothing, ask me something and say I'm banned if I don't respond in a few seconds. After I do they just go invisible again.

Maybe they could give out bonus red envelopes or something (yay for red envelopes!) if they put us through such a harrowing ordeal!
    ^_~

(Plus, any system is better than 30 minute interval CAPTCHA tests that lock your account if you answer wrong enough times or take too long to decipher, which I've seen in another MMO.)
  • ossify
    edited August 2008
    Options
    don't understand why some people are so forgiving toward botters, i guess they'd rather live with filth. geez, a cleaner place is good for EVERYONE. yea, it's no biggie during cb, but in ob botting will ruin the game. and then, you'd really have to play single player games.

thanks orinj for the response!
  • tricktia
    tricktia Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    lipe124 wrote: »
    pk'ing Bots Is A Waste Of Time Cos You Will Go Red And The Bot Will Just Return Over And Over. Its Too Bad We Cant Heal/buff Mobs In This Game Xd I Used To Remember How We Healed Mobs In Ragnarok So They Could Kill Botters.

LMAO :D now this is FUNNY xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]