Update server problems

Comments

• sachertortecake
    sachertortecake Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Been at this since CB started last night ans still no luck. Tried everything and yet nothing seems to work.
  • esc0rz
    esc0rz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    rzx wrote: »
    Have you seen any admin make a post about a manual patch? No, you haven't - therefore ignoring the manual patch option.

I'm sure they are working on something also, but the fact remains they have been saying the same exact thing to us for almost 24 hours now with no results.

Patience is a virtue. :)

And DotHacker, could you explain what you do when you update? What do you do when it gets stuck? Which of the options (restart or resume update) do you choose?
  • dothacker
    dothacker Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Been at this since CB started last night ans still no luck. Tried everything and yet nothing seems to work.

Same... 20 hours and still nothing. T-T
  • dothacker
    edited August 2008
    esc0rz wrote: »

And DotHacker, could you explain what you do when you update? What do you do when it gets stuck? Which of the options (restart or resume update) do you choose?

I'll get back to you later on that... my parents are calling me for dinner. ;) Want me to private message you?
  • esc0rz
    edited August 2008
    dothacker wrote: »
    I'll get back to you later on that... my parents are calling me for dinner. ;) Want me to private message you?

Sure. Hopefully we can come to a fix.
  • koz
    koz Posts: 465 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Ok let's face it. It won't be fixed until they come up with a solution. It's nothing we are doing :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • littlelady
    littlelady Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i had the same trouble so i installed it and manual down loaded the patch each before opening them.it worked fine.
  • sachertortecake
    edited August 2008
    Version Verification Interrupt? Could this be the problem?
  • koz
    edited August 2008

Yeah I also have that too.

http://i33.tinypic.com/2q80mxe.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rzx
    rzx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    littlelady wrote: »
    i had the same trouble so i installed it and manual down loaded the patch each before opening them.it worked fine.

Manual downloaded the patch? Can you explain?
  • rzx
    rzx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008

I get that often as well.
  • koz
    edited August 2008
    Since it's getting late on the west coast i'm assuming we won't have another fix to try until tomorrow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sachertortecake
    edited August 2008
    I think the patch server shut down for the moment. NVM
  • dothacker
    edited August 2008
    koz wrote: »
    Yeah I also have that too.

http://i33.tinypic.com/2q80mxe.jpg

So, I'm not the only one... Hmmm...
  • dothacker
    edited August 2008

Okay, nevermind the PM, cause I got back faster than I thought I would. Okay, so I've tried the desktop shortcut and C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\patcher. Either way, I've tried all combinations of update options. Currently I'm just leaving all three unchecked, which means when the patcher opens I am asked whether I want to auto update or cancel. I either cancel and try to verify, or auto update, in which case I am prompted to resume the previous update or restart the update. I've tried both, and no luck... except sometimes when I resume enough times on element.data, it'll (rarely) finish that file and proceed to stall on tasks.data. After I reinstalled PW for the second time, it won't go past elements.data any more. When it gets stuck, I close the patcher and reopen it, and do that all over again. Sometimes I try to vary combinations of options, etc. Does that help at all?
  • callandor
    callandor Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Now im veen more confuzzled :S
  • esc0rz
    edited August 2008
    Okay, nevermind the PM, cause I got back faster than I thought I would. Okay, so I've tried the desktop shortcut and C:\Program Files\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\patcher. Either way, I've tried all combinations of update options. Currently I'm just leaving all three unchecked, which means when the patcher opens I am asked whether I want to auto update or cancel. I either cancel and try to verify, or auto update, in which case I am prompted to resume the previous update or restart the update. I've tried both, and no luck... except sometimes when I resume enough times on element.data, it'll (rarely) finish that file and proceed to stall on tasks.data. After I reinstalled PW for the second time, it won't go past elements.data any more. When it gets stuck, I close the patcher and reopen it, and do that all over again. Sometimes I try to vary combinations of options, etc. Does that help at all?

It looks like you made a little progress when you got Element to finish. Try keeping the settings you had when you did that and just click resume update when prompted. Keep doing that until the file gets unstuck. Try waiting at least 2 minutes before calling the file stuck... It MIGHT be talking to the server, making sure you're getting what you need.

Also, don't verify the update... I just did that and it took forever...
  • dothacker
    edited August 2008
    It looks like you made a little progress when you got Element to finish. Try keeping the settings you had when you did that and just click resume update when prompted. Don't verify the update... I just did that and it took forever...

Yeah, that's what I thought... Tasks.data even loaded about 85%-90%, but then it all failed... that's when an admin said they updated the patch server and to reinstall, so I did, but now it won't go past elements.data any more. :S

EDIT: Oh yeah, my Verify just finished, and I got a "Version verification interrupt". Hn.
  • esc0rz
    edited August 2008
    Yeah, the file verification only takes up more time for you to get online. Have you continued trying to resume the update?
  • dothacker
    edited August 2008
    Yeah, the file verification only takes up more time for you to get online. Have you continued trying to resume the update?

That's what I'm doing at the moment... doesn't seem to be helping. -_-
  • esc0rz
    edited August 2008
    callandor wrote: »
    Now im veen more confuzzled :S

Don't be. DotHacker and I just might be one step closer to creating a temporary fix until open beta.
  • dothacker
    edited August 2008
    Wait! I got elements.data loaded! It's working on tasks.data now...
  • esc0rz
    edited August 2008
    That's what I'm doing at the moment... doesn't seem to be helping. -_-

Have you tried searching for the file that got stuck and deleting it? Perhaps that might work?
  • dothacker
    edited August 2008
    Haha.... it froze on tasks.data... of course. ^^;
  • dothacker
    edited August 2008
    Have you tried searching for the file that got stuck and deleting it? Perhaps that might work?

I tried that a while ago... maybe I'll try it again.
  • esc0rz
    edited August 2008
    Haha.... it froze on tasks.data... of course. ^^;

lol you got my hopes up
  • dothacker
    edited August 2008
    Sorry about that. lol
  • dothacker
    edited August 2008
    Okay, I tried deleting it, and it didn't really do anything. So far, anyway.
  • esc0rz
    edited August 2008
    Okay, I tried deleting it, and it didn't really do anything. So far, anyway.

*croses fingers*
  • dothacker
    edited August 2008
    Hmmm... it got to like 40%...
This discussion has been closed.