First botter

nama
nama Posts: 5 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
Today i saw a character StrayFox --- consistent with botting style in desert of echoes, ignored everyone and keep killing like stupid. He/she also SK everyone in area no matter the mobs you killed is half dead or not.
Post edited by nama on

Comments

• teajunkie
    teajunkie Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    That sucks.... but there was also a lot of accidental SKing going on because of the high volume of players. I hope a GM takes care of that. ^_^

EDIT: And by "that" I mean the botter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lost City PvP server
    Teru ~ 6x cleric
  • roxy
    roxy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Oh wow, closed beta just got released and there's a botter already? That sucks.
    6to4uv.jpg

To the world, you may be one person
    But to one person, you may be the world
  • wimpknuckles
    wimpknuckles Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Thought CB's were immune for such things o.O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.
    When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.
  • luivatra
    luivatra Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I guess they use CB as...a testing period :P
  • starman17
    starman17 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    bots are people too.
  • loky
    loky Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    bots are people that deserve to get banned...
  • seveneyes
    seveneyes Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    starman17 wrote: »
    bots are people too.

Urrrm I thought the whole negative feeling about bots was the fact they are not people....

This is really quite sad, I hope that the GMs here sort out bots as well as they do in MY-EN. Sorting out the bots was the only thing they did well back there. Or should I say only thing they did...
  • bruin
    bruin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I have seen at least one farming mats. Running straight lines to known nodes, sit at node for 2 seconds if no spawn, then run straight line to next node. I doubt it was a player today that spent 3 hours running the same circuit with the same exact route.
  • destruction
    destruction Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    bruin wrote: »
    I have seen at least one farming mats. Running straight lines to known nodes, sit at node for 2 seconds if no spawn, then run straight line to next node. I doubt it was a player today that spent 3 hours running the same circuit with the same exact route.

Uhhh, I'm a noob, but what are nodes?
  • xylent
    xylent Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Thats what happens when CB is just way to open. There are several batches of keys 5000 each released to the bot-user infested mmo websites - not naming any. It's bound to happen. Just hope the bot gets to lvl30 in time to be PKed xD

It would be the best time to see if any tweaks can be done to improve the anti-cheat software - its CB and we have the guinea pigs (bots) to test with.
  • phate
    phate Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    seveneyes wrote: »
    Urrrm I thought the whole negative feeling about bots was the fact they are not people....

This is really quite sad, I hope that the GMs here sort out bots as well as they do in MY-EN. Sorting out the bots was the only thing they did well back there. Or should I say only thing they did...

Did you even play MY-EN. There were bots everywhere, and GM's did absolutely nothing. I would report the same bots over and over with no avail. In fact I believe the GMs allowed bots or something. They made you buy cubi-gold from the chinese farmers. To make matters worse you could buy in gold game from the same website as the cubi gold. And how do you think they chinese farmers make that gold.... they bot... so its pretty lame on how corrupt that entire system was.
  • koji
    koji Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Uhhh, I'm a noob, but what are nodes?
    "node" is in english, its not game jargon, go look it up in the dictionary
  • zeyar
    zeyar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    phate wrote: »
    Did you even play MY-EN. There were bots everywhere, and GM's did absolutely nothing. I would report the same bots over and over with no avail. In fact I believe the GMs allowed bots or something. They made you buy cubi-gold from the chinese farmers. To make matters worse you could buy in gold game from the same website as the cubi gold. And how do you think they chinese farmers make that gold.... they bot... so its pretty lame on how corrupt that entire system was.

ah.. i played MY-EN since like mid Dec .. generally, the game has very few bots & they get banned pretty fast .. for 2 reasons
    - the GMs there check the reports & ban bots when they(GMs) come online (i had witnessed it)
    - botting in PW is not the perfect way to make $$
  • roxy
    roxy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    The problem about botters: Even if you ban them, they're going to keep coming back into the game. That's probably why you guys think the gm's never ban botters... they just keep coming back!

Same with gold sellers ( spammers ), no matter how many times you get rid of them, they create new accounts and spam again. It's like a never ending cycle.
    6to4uv.jpg

To the world, you may be one person
    But to one person, you may be the world
  • phate
    phate Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited August 2008

╟ Garbage Detected

╟▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
  • tony02
    tony02 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    it delays them at most to make them spend that bit of time to create the account for the bot then level the bugger up again to make the cash,
    usualy around lvl 41 for a wf to go tame mobs and sell for cash is the only decetn start off lvl to tame