Official thread where within you shall express your PVE/PVP concerns

dvorak
dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
For the sake of reducing clutter this thread will serve as your one stop shop for expressing gripes, concerns, praises for the recent launch of the ClosedBeta without PVE servers. All current and subsequent threads along this subject matter will be moved here or deleted.

As already expressed by Xarfox and Orinj several times PVE servers will eventually be made available at a later phase of this current beta period. For further detail here is a repost of a response posted earlier by Orinj that addresses many of our users concerns:

"hi everyone,

well first off, i'm really sorry to hear that so many of you are so disappointed.

really, there were a variety of reasons why the closed beta opened with 2 pvp servers and no pve servers; none which i'm sorry to say we can discuss. there are lots of things we can talk about and there are tons of things that we can't. businesses are like that sometimes. but i digress -

certainly one of the reasons for going all pvp, for beta at least, wasn't to **** off a grand majority of you, if that. and yes, numerous times we mentioned before that there were going to be 4 servers, 2 and 2 of each, but in the end it didn't end up that way. so sorry for promising a pony for christmas and not being able to deliver. trust me, we wanted you to have the pony as much as you desired it.

right now it's 1:52 am on the westcoast. why am i not asleep? is it cuz i can't? no. is it cuz i'm not tired? far from it. it's because i honestly care about what you guys think and how you guys feel.

i'm really sorry that so many of you are upset over this, but what's done is done. and besides, it's a beta phase, which overall translates to nothing being permanent. we made a promise to bring you PvE, and PvE you shall have. patience is a virtue.

and i'll be honest here - we busted our humps to get you the beta by the 19th. there could've been setbacks and whatnot, but we worked weekends, long hours into the night, and gave up a good portion of our lives so that it'd be playable by the 19th.

so in conclusion --
sorry for letting you PvE enthusiasts down but we did what we could. for those of you that continue to support us, thanks. every positive pm and email we receive really encourages us. there are letters that we've read outloud to the group just to raise their morales. we care about what you think. and again in all honesty, some of the venom that's been spewed forth is quite hurtful; but that was the intention i suppose.

you are welcome to raise any comments, complaints, or (heaven forbid!) compliments to my inbox.

have a good evening, ladies and gents.

orinj"
pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
Post edited by dvorak on

Comments

• kuailiang
    kuailiang Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Personally, I see nothing wrong with having two PvP servers. This is, after all, a Closed Beta testing . Unless the Open Beta doesn't have 2 PvE servers, everyone should just go with the flow. There is bound to be PKing past lvl 30...just like any other servers normally would and as such, just endure it for a month or wait it out ^^

I just hope there will be PvE servers at the Open Beta =)
  • duy
    duy Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Yeah i agree :D Good job :D its only the CB and it is going to be a wipe anyway. If u dont like to play PvP just explore the game :D because its fun anyway. I think everyone should be happy that they could share this game with us,
  • mieko
    mieko Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Same I am so happy they did such a great job on this server :) I will be looking forward to PVE server for sure too. But till then i will sit back and be greatful there is a server for us to begin with. Thank you GM's, Dev and all who made this possible. :)
  • yali66
    yali66 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Not a big pvp player and was going to play on the pve ones but that being said boy am i glad to get to play in this version. As i played pw myeng and gave up because the lag made it virtually impossible to play, what a pleasure it was to play for today on the U.S. servers lag free with a 110ms ping from the UK [5050 miles] keep up the good work and good luck with everything GM,s.
    :)
  • lockhart
    lockhart Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Im not too fuzzed over it really. My plan originally was to roll in Heaven's Tear, but instead I just went to Lost City. Only difference for me will be that after 30 I need to watch my back a tad more than I would In opt-pvp server :)

Tho it would have been nice to have a notification beforehand about no PvE server in CB launch, but everyone makes mistakes and I hope the staff learned from this =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mihimaru ~ 4x Venomancer ~ Starlight ~ Heaven's Tear
    CB tester :D
  • timioo
    timioo Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Great job PWI team! ah the lag free questing..yay for that =)
    This situation didn't concern me really cause i was going PvP server anyway
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Harvest of Chaos Marshal
    Nalle - 6X Wizard

-Lost City-
  • xanados
    xanados Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    After playing the game and reaching level 10 there are some issues that need to be expressed.

There's a lot of players, and not enough mobs or resource gathering for materials. Finding Pig Iron is like digging for a needle in a haystack, it's too far and few in between plus your fighting with the other players to see who gets it first. Being since there's about 50 players in one area all fighting over the same thing it takes forever to get one item.

There's also a lot of KSing going around because of this or stealing someone's materials. With this many players, mobs are outnumbered greatly. Most of the time you're running around looking for a mob to kill since the rest are all taken. Now a little bit of searching and finding the right spot just takes time since the maps are freaking huge.

Can't cancel out a skill once it's being casted. I got blasted for accidentally KSing a person because I casted a split second after that person did. I tried to cancel or move my character, but unable to do so. Hitting ESC key doesn't work either.

Jumping is somewhat glitched. I was doing the Leap Quest where you have to jump to a place to get a treasure chest. A lot of people have noticed there's an invisible ledge there which gets you up there. I missed the ledge and glitched, by going through the bridge to the chest . It's weird and disorienting.

The good points in this game is the added character functions, i.e: report a hacker, friends, embrace, etc. I never seen those in an MMO game before and it's good to see something that in this game. Character customization has earned quite a few laughs with my crew, as you can make the ugliest **** in the game or the most hottest sexiest character. I applaud the people that made the quests, it fits the storyline and is fluid. Surprising that there's an Item Mall in CB, which is suspicious, don't know if it's active. That about covers it for now.
    Syndacus L. 31 Stoneman Protector - 1250 Patk
    Dingleberry L. 14 Marksman
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • uselessnick
    uselessnick Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I hate PvP. I dont' particularly feel inclined to being griefed for hours by some pimply virgin who's angry at the world for being such a loser he feels compelled to prey on new guys 30 levels lower than him.

I'll play when the PvE servers are open. When's that gonna be?
  • terrabyte
    terrabyte Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    This is for all the people who complain about there not being a PvE server
    GET OVER IT this is a BETA TEST that means you are TESTING an unfinished product
    there will be a PvE server after the beta

you cant even pk till level 30 anyway and if you think a PvE server is any safer your wrong you will still get random pkers that drop out of the sky and kill you for no reason

also at lvl 30 you can get your first aviation so pay attention to your mini map if you see a green dot coming toward you watch them if something seems wrong hop on your aviation and fly away or straight up whatever you have to do

usually they wont bother to chase you they'll move on to the next easy target

this is something you'll need to learn for the PvE anyway

so quit complaining and TEST the game
  • marg
    marg Posts: 1
    edited August 2008
    No PVE server in CB doesn't really bother me at all I'll just play as i normally would and then when OB comes out I'll play on whatever the east PVE server is. I'm not really into PVP but I'll just watch my back and defend myself as needed. I'm just happy to play a lag free version of this amazing game hell this may even be my own personal WoW killer. :eek:
  • matthew
    matthew Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    edit....nevermind lol
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Thanks for the constructive feedback, folks. I really appreciate the civil tone within this thread as opposed to some of the others that have been posted over the past 24 hours.

Please bear with us as we iron out the various issues that have been brought to our attention as well as others that we have noticed internally.
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • xylent
    xylent Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Well I doubt I'll get to lvl30 by the end of CB xP Still getting oriented to where the monsters are and who the npcs are. -Plus testing out the different classes to see which I will like better.

No problem with no PVE servers yet but perhaps after the official release - xP either way gonna use both of them.
  • evilgeek
    evilgeek Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    First off : I'm running the game on max settings and I am very impressed by the quality of the graphics, for a F2P I really wasn't expecting that much eye-candy, thnx!

On-topic: I'm a PvE player, the way I look at it is this - Do I have the time to get a character to lvl 30 before CB ends? Unlikely. Will I roll a few alts to see what classes I enjoy playing and to see how they stand up against each other? very likely. See it as an opportunity to explore the game and help out by reporting bugs when you see them, let's not forget this is a closed beta and the devs are relying on us for feedback. It isn't the finished launch nor even an open beta, I don't understand why people are forgetting that ? Your not mean't to be playing it with a mindset of playing the full launch, it's pointless investing lots of time in one character when it's going to be whiped in a few weeks time. As a total PvE player I really don't have a problem being in a closed beta with no PvE server, I've got until I reach lvl 30 to worry about that, as I originally stated as someone who still plays other MMOs it's doubtful I'll get any toon to that lvl anyway :-)

Relax and enjoy those first 30lvls, only get serious about it when we reach either launch or open beta (if we know there won't be a whipe), there is no point atm imo to get upset, we are getting to play through some gorgeous scenery and experience the game play ahead of the rest, enjoy it.