Crafting Basics

lena
lena Posts: 243 Arc User
edited March 2009 in The Crafting Nook
CRAFTING BASICS

Each crafted item is unique as the item will bear the crafter’s name. The crafting system is similar to WoW or Everquest 2, except that you need to buy an item (looks like a axe) in order to gather resources from the floor. You will see stones, flowers etc. all around the world. If you double-click on them you begin to gather the resource. After a short time you get the gathered resources into your backback. There are 4 crafting professions (or schools) in the game. The four schools: Blacksmiths who craft the weapons, dressmakers who craft the armors and the fashion cloths, artificers who craft the jewels,bows and ammos(arrow),apothecarys who craft the potions.

Everyone can learn all 4 Crafts, there is no need to specialize in just 1! There are 8 different types of materials: metal, coal, stone, wood, cloth, fur, rubber and grease. The first 4 types can only be gathered in the world. The last 4 types can only be gained from mobs. Every type has a different level(low,middle,high…). Gathering higher lvl materials need a higher lvl character etc. Another thing you need is Jade. You can buy or gain it from mobs. There are like 12+ lvl on Jade. You need the same lvl of jade to make the same lvl of armor/weapon/item.
You Were Never Meant To Arrive In Hell Looking Like A Fashion Plate...Rather To Slide In Backwards..Glass Of Wine In Hand..Hair In Disarray..Totally Exhausted.... Screaming man what a ride !!!!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by lena on

Comments

• lena
    edited July 2008
    MORE DETAILS

* A crafting attempt can result in random base statistics of three grades - minimum shop stats (one star), slight improvement (two stars) or elite (three stars). These terms are characterizations and not actual terms.
    * Each piece of equipment crafted may gain anywhere from zero to three additional abilities. These abilities include, but are not limited to:
    o Added HP or MP
    o Added Atk, Matk, Def or Elemental Def values
    o Added stats
    o Reduced equipment requirements
    o Increased stat maximums
    o Rare effects
    * In addition to special bonuses, crafted Weapons and Armor may gain anywhere from zero to four (at least, we have not seen any equipment with more than four) slots which players can insert gems into. Gems can be purchased from the Vendor NPCs and upgraded with the Synthesis NPCs (names not yet final) and can add basic bonuses to Weapons and Armor. (By “basic”, we mean general character values such as HP, MP, damage and defense)
    # After crafting your ultimate equipment, you can then upgrade it, using the same process as RO’s weapon/armor upgrade. The significant difference? Failure will never destroy your equipment.
    You Were Never Meant To Arrive In Hell Looking Like A Fashion Plate...Rather To Slide In Backwards..Glass Of Wine In Hand..Hair In Disarray..Totally Exhausted.... Screaming man what a ride !!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lena
    edited July 2008
    So what does this mean, exactly?

It means that players can spend days, weeks or even months crafting stuff to aim for that perfect customized equipment set. Want a high-mobility dodge set? It’s possible. An equipment set that incorporates layers and layers of Physical Defense for your tanker? Sure, why not? A weapon that can hit anything, deal mega damage and make french fries? Knock yourself out!

Right, with the good out of the way, let’s get into the better.

* Crafting is always successful. No worries about wasted material from failures.
    * Crafted equipment can be broken down into base components, which can then be used to create consumable charms that temporarily increase attack or magic attack power.
    * Three-star equipment can be broken down to obtain the rare stones that you need to upgrade material with.
    * Crafting equipment nets you a small amount of EXP and Insight for each attempt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    ~ It might also be noteworthy that in a future patch, players will be able to randomly craft legendary(gold-star) equipment through the use of these professions WITHOUT molders! The items still have random stats, as always, and the minimum 1sockets for weapons, and 2sockets for armours if gold.

~ In a future patch, you can add sockets to already-acquired gear.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • thom
    thom Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    ark wrote: »
    ~ It might also be noteworthy that in a future patch, players will be able to randomly craft legendary(gold-star) equipment through the use of these professions WITHOUT molders! The items still have random stats, as always, and the minimum 1sockets for weapons, and 2sockets for armours if gold.

~ In a future patch, you can add sockets to already-acquired gear.

And just where did you hear about this? Havent read any patch notes anywhere about this...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    thom wrote: »
    And just where did you hear about this? Havent read any patch notes anywhere about this...

janelh.wikidot.com . ...
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    lena wrote: »
    * A crafting attempt can result in random base statistics of three grades - minimum shop stats (one star), slight improvement (two stars) or elite (three stars).
    You can also phail and craft an item with NO stars (happened to me once so far T_T )
    * Crafted equipment can be broken down into base components, which can then be used to create consumable charms that temporarily increase attack or magic attack power.
    Those fuel stones you get from decomposing equipment (not only the crafted ones) can be used to re-charge your flying equipment's increased speed mode.
    janelh.wikidot.com . ...
    Isn't that the PW-PH wiki? Maybe they have some patch unique to their version? Just a thought.
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thom
    edited July 2008
    janelh.wikidot.com . ...

Thanks for the link, though it is the phillippine version.

Probably we are getting the same stuff too,hopefully.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Lol, the no star items aren't complete failures. There are some items that don't display stars like the Rancor Soul Wristbracer, and probably some others. Weird huh O:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • legacyranger777
    legacyranger777 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    Oh yea, also try to Craft in Bulk when possible :D. Gathering mats enough to craft 10 weapons/armor peices will increase your chance of getting 2 star or 3 star equip ;). And another thing that will help you decide where to craft is Duke of Deer (or was that for Equipment Proficiency :o) can someone clarify that for me :).
  • thom
    edited July 2008
    Oh yea, also try to Craft in Bulk when possible :D. Gathering mats enough to craft 10 weapons/armor peices will increase your chance of getting 2 star or 3 star equip ;). And another thing that will help you decide where to craft is Duke of Deer (or was that for Equipment Proficiency :o) can someone clarify that for me :).

Yup, its the Duke of Deer who tells where to craft for a certain hour.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • daveee
    daveee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    which is pretty rare. The duke never told me anything regarding crafting, and many people say that they have not benefited from the Duke
    Server: Lost City
    Barbarian 3x
  • thom
    edited July 2008
    daveee wrote: »
    which is pretty rare. The duke never told me anything regarding crafting, and many people say that they have not benefited from the Duke

Well you have to talk with him a long long time if unlucky to get the hint for crafting. And if its only for one hour, you have 24hours where to choose from...

got hints from him few times but didnt notice any difference though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ThommiX - Harvest Leader

8x Barbarian

-Lost city-
  • ninjer
    ninjer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    So is there any advantage to crafting your own potions/arrows other than not having to buy them?
  • soukyuu
    edited July 2008
    They are almost always better than any equip found / bought from NPC.
    Some items even include things like -x% casting time...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • monkeybone
    monkeybone Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    ok... now i have a rather noobish (only 10 days in PW) question: Why does the proceed button not light up even though i have enough materials? I want to do some potions, am novice pharmacist but am still unable to make them. Can you help me please (I play the MY version for the moment)?
    Thank you.
  • soukyuu
    edited July 2008
    look at the level requirement - you need different levels of your crafting skill to make different items
    you can level your skill by continuously crafting items.
    to level the level1 skill, you have to craft items that require level1 skill
    to level the level2 skill, you have to craft items that require level2 skill, level1 skill items won't work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • monkeybone
    monkeybone Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    The thing is that i never crafted anything before. I made all the quests for the profession, also the one for pharmacist but i never crafted anything. The 2k HP potion and the 3k MP potion were the first that i wanted to try but i seem to not be able to... Those potions are level 1 potions. I have the "manual" of pharmacy in my bag so what do i do wrong? when i am on the crafting screen i can clearly see that the end result is the potion. I have enough for 3 but i still can't craft them...
    Please help.

Edit 1. I found out what i was doing wrong... i had the certificate for completing the pharmacist quest but i forgot to learn the pharmacist skill...

Edit 2. Typ: After completing the profession quest and you get the certificate, go to the Elder and learn that profesion. You learn it like any other skill.
  • june
    june Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    I'm not sure if I should ask this here, but once I crafted 12 EtherBlaze rings at once, went away from keyboard, and when I came back all the rings crafted were 1 star only or plain.

Then I noticed I was flying at the time. I've never ever had 12 failures in a row and never remembered to test it out again, but does anyone know if flying while craft cause only 1 star item/plain, or if I was just really, really unlucky at the time?
  • senovit
    edited July 2008
    You were really unlucky. Flying should have no effect on your crafting rate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • june
    june Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    senovit wrote: »
    You were really unlucky. Flying should have no effect on your crafting rate.

Thanks. I can't believe I was so unlucky. T_T
  • azure
    azure Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    yep crafting is very important after lvl 60 i had to start crafting weapon and armor from lvl 70 and it took a long time and a lot of gold, which sucked. So start early because it is easier to get the things you need
  • sachertortecake
    sachertortecake Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    not sure if this is worth noting but making your own arrows have a chance of it being a +1% crit arrow.
  • kazuma
    kazuma Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Thanks for the guide, Lena.
    I needed that one! =D
    ~Thanks!~

~Conor
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]If only deathnote was that simple...
  • devilsei
    devilsei Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Okay, know its noobish to ask, but I am not quite sure how to make anything in the game. I finished the quest for blacksmithing, went to the elder, spent the points to get the skill, but dont know what to do after. I'm used to just clicking on it, and being shown what I can make, or going to a trainer to learn new items.
    So question is, how do you create stuff for blacksmithing? Did I miss something?
  • dmarz
    dmarz Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    You need to go to each NPC (such as blacksmith, tailor, craftsman and apothetacry). The option to manufacture weapons (blacksmith) and equipments (tailor) is there. Hope that helps.
  • devilsei
    devilsei Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    dmarz wrote: »
    You need to go to each NPC (such as blacksmith, tailor, craftsman and apothetacry). The option to manufacture weapons (blacksmith) and equipments (tailor) is there. Hope that helps.

Ahh thanks, I thought that was just something anyone could do lol
  • aquablade1980
    aquablade1980 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    good info lena thanks.
  • nihon
    nihon Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    hi, i'm also totally new to crafting, the guide gave me a rough idea but i feel like having more questions after reading it then before

1. what relation is there between the crafter's level, the materials' level, the jade's level and the craft result's level?

2. (related to 1.) as far as i understood, your craft level increases when you craft a lot. say your blacksmith production level is currently level 1 and you are level 5. is there a reason to craft a lot _at this level_ to get to level 2 blacksmith production or can you wait until say level 50 to start with crafting low level stuff to get to level 2? in what way does this make a difference, if any?

3. >>>Crafting is always successful. No worries about wasted material from failures.<<<
    successful only in the way that you get further on your way to the next production level?
    i mean, if your craft result is totally useless, what is successful about that...

4. >>>Crafted equipment can be broken down into base components...<<<
    how is that done?

5. >>>...which can then be used to create consumable charms that temporarily increase attack or magic attack power.<<<
    how is that done?

still got several questions but they depend on the answers of questions 1 and 2 ;-]

thx in advance
  • sahja
    sahja Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I can answer your questions for 3 - 5 but I myself would like to know the answers to 1 & 2. :)

3... crafting is always successful in that you do always create the item you're trying to create; however, there is no guarantee that it'll be multi-starred or have lots of extra properties. I myself am noob and took to crafting right away and i'm just lvl 19 now (cleric). I've have had very little luck getting items with extra properties to them beyond the base, but i have not tried crafting multiples yet since the materials are not easy to aquire lots of. I continue to craft in the hopes I'll make some awesome stuff eventually. :)

4 & 5... the crafted equipment can be broken down into Yiyuan stones which you need for the Apothecary to make Hieroglyphs. You break down the item by choosing "Decompose" from the same type of vendor you made the item at. The hieroglphs will add bonuses to different things; go see an apethecary and click on the last tab and you can read the stats and requirements.
  • senovit
    edited August 2008
    1. As far as I know, it is completely random. Some people seem to believe that the higher your crafting level, the better the equipment you make, but speaking from personal experience I've yet to notice anything of the sort.

2. You can wait until you're a higher level to level up crafting, but it's not really suggested as a couple of the materials you'll need are monster drops. Once you outlevel them and they stop dropping for you, you'll be hard pressed to get enough materials to level up your skill without having to buy a lot of what you need.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]