Is closed and open beta really nessessairy?

Options
mrfoxx
mrfoxx Posts: 5
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
From what i understand the only difference between this game and perfect world MY is the english translation and the names of the classes were changed. Is it open and closed beta really required, it seems as though it would all be the same if the game just went right to release.

In my opinion tending to would be spelling mistakes dont require a closed beta phase, correct me if i am wrong, was something else beside the text been change?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• kaylinha
    kaylinha Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    mrfoxx wrote: »
    From what i understand the only difference between this game and perfect world MY is the english translation and the names of the classes were changed. Is it open and closed beta really required, it seems as though it would all be the same if the game just went right to release.

In my opinion tending to would be spelling mistakes dont require a closed beta phase, correct me if i am wrong, was something else beside the text been change?

Agree, cannot understand why they bothering with a CB (yes I have a key and logged in) My thoughts that only a stress test would be needed for server integrity.
  • roxy
    roxy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    They do closed beta test to look for any existing / new bugs too, y'know?
    6to4uv.jpg

To the world, you may be one person
    But to one person, you may be the world
  • starman17
    starman17 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I know, Roxy.

I know.
  • zelgadis
    zelgadis Posts: 3
    edited August 2008
    Options
    The problems comes not just fix English translation. It is that when pwi got their hands on the game, they got it directly from the official publisher, and they have to do all of the translations from scratch. PWI cant use the version that was already licensed by someone else. Thus they have to go though all of the steps that all other localized mmo do.
  • ganja
    ganja Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Even tho they just traslanted they can have other bugs, however I think its kinda exagerated & over the top 1 month testing :mad:

A major bug right now might be a typo.
  • siberian
    siberian Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Go take a look at the MY board and see why you should really shake out all the bugs first - it's a giant mess of complaining over there about bugs / features that hould have been put or fixed long ago.
  • momoke
    momoke Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Most of the time its for typo's, new bugs, or just charecter's, like the names and how they move with the charecter, I don't know if this game is from another country, but on some games from korea (Nexon, mostly) They may have to edit things that are not appropriate for the players of america
  • de691
    de691 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    i don't understand much about the concept of open beta and closed beta

will my character be deleted after open beta?

will my character be deleted after closed beta?

help pls thank you :):)
  • roxy
    roxy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    de691 wrote: »
    i don't understand much about the concept of open beta and closed beta

will my character be deleted after open beta?

will my character be deleted after closed beta?

help pls thank you :):)

Q1- Most likely not.
    Q2- Yes.
    6to4uv.jpg

To the world, you may be one person
    But to one person, you may be the world
  • mrfoxx
    mrfoxx Posts: 5
    edited August 2008
    Options
    People just gave a lot of generic responses.

There is no need for the closed beta, all they did was translate the game, Any bugs you find now, are in the MY version and the korean version and wont be fixed unless they are fixed in those version first.

I jjust see no point in doing the whole song and dance of pointlessly running around for a month, then having my character deleted then doing open beta to do the exact same thing again in 2 months.
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    hey folks:

check out this thread for the latest info on our closed beta/open beta timeline:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=19841

Closed beta ends = Aug. 27 (data will be wipe)
    Open beta = Sept. 2 (data and progress is permanent)
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • rion
    rion Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Closed beta is a sham, the majority of the game won't be tested in this time frame unless the levels are raised.