The Closed Beta Wipe...

Options
aruzo
aruzo Posts: 53 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
As we know we get a wipe after closed Beta but will there be a wipe after Open Beta aswell???
IGN: aruzo (EC)
IGN: hide (WR)
xfire: aruzo
Post edited by aruzo on

Comments

• dudemansir
    dudemansir Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    no, i dont think so.
  • roxy
    roxy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    For all I know, there will be wipe after closed beta for sure, but I sort of doubt it after open beta (unless there's serious bug problem or something)
    6to4uv.jpg

To the world, you may be one person
    But to one person, you may be the world
  • seanie
    seanie Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    This question has been asked many times, yes closed beta wipe. Never seen a game wipe after open beta unless OB is like a week, any longer then that if they wiped they would lose almost ever person, so my guess is no wipe after OB.
  • kaylinha
    kaylinha Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    seanie wrote: »
    This question has been asked many times, yes closed beta wipe. Never seen a game wipe after open beta unless OB is like a week, any longer then that if they wiped they would lose almost ever person, so my guess is no wipe after OB.

If so, whats the difference between OB and live?:D
  • hiddencleric
    hiddencleric Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    The difference between OB and Live (in theory) is that in OB there is still an expectation of bugs/issues that need to be worked through outside the scope of normal maintenance. Serious issues with the game and client that are easier to resolve because everyone is expected to report them.

In reality it's nothing. Even if it went live they'd still be expected to fix major bugs/issues. I mean look at 2moons, it's been OB for over 2 years....

I think most game companies keep it in "open beta" status because it gives them an excuse when things go wrong that shouldn't, or when it takes them an abnormally long amount of time to fix something so that people don't hold them as responsible. As every 'tard who defends Acclaim says "It's still in open beta and acclaim doesn't have control over the source code, it's not their fault"

I really like Perfect World because I'm so sick of acclaim and the colossal failure of a game they call 2moons.

Please, please start open beta soon. I'm not really getting into it as much because I know my character is just gonna be wiped anyways. It's hard to be excited about playing when you know all the work is just gonna be deleted in a month or two.
  • morrowind
    morrowind Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    The difference between OB and Live (in theory) is that in OB there is still an expectation of bugs/issues that need to be worked through outside the scope of normal maintenance. Serious issues with the game and client that are easier to resolve because everyone is expected to report them.

In reality it's nothing. Even if it went live they'd still be expected to fix major bugs/issues. I mean look at 2moons, it's been OB for over 2 years....

I think most game companies keep it in "open beta" status because it gives them an excuse when things go wrong that shouldn't, or when it takes them an abnormally long amount of time to fix something so that people don't hold them as responsible. As every 'tard who defends Acclaim says "It's still in open beta and acclaim doesn't have control over the source code, it's not their fault"

I really like Perfect World because I'm so sick of acclaim and the colossal failure of a game they call 2moons.

Please, please start open beta soon. I'm not really getting into it as much because I know my character is just gonna be wiped anyways. It's hard to be excited about playing when you know all the work is just gonna be deleted in a month or two.

I have never played Perfect World before, so the way I see it. I get a chance to play before everyone else and then when open beta comes I will know exactly what I'm doing and how to become one of the best before all the rest. =]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Server: West, Etherblade(PVP)
    Character: Coke/Blademaster/Lv2x
    Faction: Forbidden (Private Faction)
  • c453m4573r
    c453m4573r Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I like it so far. This gives me a chance to try out a mage, and then make the EA I've always wanted for my main. So I just get to experiment here and there. I agree that people would be pissed if the game had a second wipe.