Do names stay after closed beta?

enigma32
enigma32 Posts: 128 Arc User
edited September 2008 in General Discussion
I keep reading different things about keeping our names.
I read forums about people saying that we get to make our names the 18th (yesterday)
as if those were our permanent names. I also just read in another forum that sometimes the names aren't wiped after closed beta, just the characters. I assumed that EVERYTHING was wiped...is there any official word on this?
Post edited by enigma32 on

Comments

• lryuzaki
    lryuzaki Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i dont know whats going to happen. I know that there are some games that wipe everything and some that just reset u back to level 1 and some that do nothing and just have high level people when they go to open beta. It just depends on what the people makeing the game decide to do.
  • xarfox
    xarfox Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    All characters will be wiped at the end of beta.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fireblood
    fireblood Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    enigma32 wrote: »
    I keep reading different things about keeping our names.
    I read forums about people saying that we get to make our names the 18th (yesterday)
    as if those were our permanent names. I also just read in another forum that sometimes the names aren't wiped after closed beta, just the characters. I assumed that EVERYTHING was wiped...is there any official word on this?
    Well they said they shall wipe out everything and havent mentioned anything regarding reseting you to lvl 1 so yeah i think there will be a complete wipe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lryuzaki
    edited August 2008
    just out of curiosity (and im not calling you a liar fireblood so plz dont start flaming) but can someone give me a like to where they said they were going to wipe everything?
  • zoefox
    zoefox Posts: 225
    edited August 2008
    Read the 3rd post in this topic.
  • lryuzaki
    edited August 2008
    ok thank you. and now im curious as to why any of them even do beta wipes or what the point of a beta wipe is
  • enigma32
    enigma32 Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ok thank you. and now im curious as to why any of them even do beta wipes or what the point of a beta wipe is

A Closed beta is a test run to find and report errors and things that need changing.
    An open beta is the real game.
  • jamie101
    jamie101 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Now that we're in "Open-Beta" again, will things be wiped again? Or was the wipe only when Closed Beta actually closed? -- If there is gonna be another wipe, wouldn't that tick off some members and end up having the game loose players?

Either way, I hope characters do stay now, because I just wasted a ton of time re-building my character again, stressful.
  • zoefox
    zoefox Posts: 225
    edited September 2008
    The only way you will lose your character is:

1: You delete them yourself
    2: You quit the game
    3: You get banned.

There will never be another wipe
  • jamie101
    jamie101 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    zoefox wrote: »
    The only way you will lose your character is:

1: You delete them yourself
    2: You quit the game
    3: You get banned.

There will never be another wipe

Thank God for that, that put my mind to rest.

Thanks for that. I was getting a bit worried in-case Perfect World's "Beta's" where the same with Rappelz happened a few times. hehe. =)