EAST/WEST Ping Comparison

Options
rena
rena Posts: 184 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
I am surprised there isnt a thread on this already. I got a member of my guild who lives in englad to test ping for both East and West. He got 13 on East and 15 on west. So I would assume servers are in same location. Either way thats a incredible ping for being on a different continent. Which also spells disaster for EU PW, going to lose alot of customers.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=6931
emberglades.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Post edited by rena on

Comments

• applepie
    applepie Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Ofcourse they go lose Customers i am one u can start earlyer usa is more activer on forums and ingame so who would go to EU?
  • severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    well PWI team is keeping up their word so far... lets see what else they can do ;)
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • atiori
    atiori Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I live in The Netherlands, Europe and the ping on the EAST and WEST servers are both 171ms.
    My internet connection sucks **** though. I'll have a better connection within a month.

Pretty decent ping for my connection tbh.
  • micchan
    micchan Posts: 11
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I ping 167ms, as i expected. After this proof i'lll play eu version with no regrets. My last post here, cya all and have fun.
  • wimpknuckles
    wimpknuckles Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Where in the interface can you see your ping anyway? ;/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.
    When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.
  • atiori
    edited August 2008
    Options
    @wimpknuckles
    Click the switch server button at the login screen there you'll see your ping.
  • wimpknuckles
    wimpknuckles Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Alrighty, thanks =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.
    When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.
  • ulfrun
    ulfrun Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    my ping is 94 ms in both servers and im in the usa, but a lot better than 300 to 400 in MY anyway lol
  • jades
    jades Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    the ping is 94 for lost city but nothing on the second one cant even get into it
  • micchan
    micchan Posts: 11
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I forget the proof, (if someone think i'm a lier):

NA West server:
    http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/3945/pwwestkt9.jpg

NA East server:
    http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/158/pweastcz3.jpg

The morning, when Na people is sleeping, i ping less, about 160-170+.

Bye bye. :)
  • soukyuu
    soukyuu Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    i have a ping of 234ms to both servers atm.
    seems bad compared to others here, but well.. still better than the MY's 400-700ms ping ;)
    PW has been endless frustration for me #2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crystalhaztazahs
    crystalhaztazahs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I have a ping of about 78-79 on the servers.
  • kins
    kins Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Would they ever open up a server in Europe?
    I don't use a signature.... I'm just cool like that!:cool:
  • soukyuu
    edited August 2008
    Options
    there will be an official EU server in september.. whether you want to play this or theirs version is your decision.. i'm 90% staying here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rena
    rena Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    For me I get 37 west and 21 east....oddest card is that I live 10 miles south of LA. Guess really are in same area. Sorry to hear that some EU players are hitting higher pings. Hope its bearable for everyone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=6931
    emberglades.forumotion.net/forum.htm
  • kins
    edited August 2008
    Options
    soukyuu wrote: »
    there will be an official EU server in september.. whether you want to play this or theirs version is your decision.. i'm 90% staying here.

Ah ok, I was just wondering.

Is anyone else having a delay with attacking?

Ping =219 btw
  • soukyuu
    edited August 2008
    Options
    rena wrote: »
    For me I get 37 west and 21 east....oddest card is that I live 10 miles south of LA. Guess really are in same area. Sorry to hear that some EU players are hitting higher pings. Hope its bearable for everyone.
    This can't be avoided, the distance does play a big role. It's pretty bearable, considering my line isn't that great anyway
    kins wrote: »
    Ah ok, I was just wondering.

Is anyone else having a delay with attacking?

Ping =219 btw
    I have a larger ping than you, and yes, i'm getting a slight delay on skill usage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kins
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I take the delay is just a little thing that will be changed when the beta is over?

The game itself runs perfect so I am very much enjoying myself :D
  • soukyuu
    edited August 2008
    Options
    the skill delay is not a setting ingame but is affected by your connection, so no, it won't be changed. Unless they find a way to re-route your signal so that it has a lower ping (which i doubt)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • atiori
    edited August 2008
    Options
    They could optimize the servers some more. That should get rid of the skill lag.
  • vem0m
    vem0m Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    rena wrote: »
    I am surprised there isnt a thread on this already. I got a member of my guild who lives in englad to test ping for both East and West. He got 13 on East and 15 on west. So I would assume servers are in same location. Either way thats a incredible ping for being on a different continent. Which also spells disaster for EU PW, going to lose alot of customers.
    applepie wrote: »
    Ofcourse they go lose Customers i am one u can start earlyer usa is more activer on forums and ingame so who would go to EU?
    atiori wrote: »
    I live in The Netherlands, Europe and the ping on the EAST and WEST servers are both 171ms.
    My internet connection sucks **** though. I'll have a better connection within a month.

Pretty decent ping for my connection tbh.

From my understanding this server here is for EU and USA.... So I don't see any EU servers coming correct me if I am wrong but that is why it is called International. That and the fact that I believe MY-EN servers will cut off players from these countries once this game goes gold. So Its this or nothing.
  • atiori
    edited August 2008
    Options
    vem0m wrote: »
    From my understanding this server here is for EU and USA.... So I don't see any EU servers coming correct me if I am wrong but that is why it is called International. That and the fact that I believe MY-EN servers will cut off players from these countries once this game goes gold. So Its this or nothing.

PW EU -> Perfect World Europe

I think this version is mainly based on english speaking people. And since many people in EU speak english quite well you could say that PWI is also meant for the EU people, yes.

My ping is 170-180ms and I still haven't noticed any skill lag. Only thing I'm worried about are the events and TW. :[
  • vem0m
    vem0m Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    atiori wrote: »
    PW EU -> Perfect World Europe

I think this version is mainly based on english speaking people. And since many people in EU speak english quite well you could say that PWI is also meant for the EU people, yes.

My ping is 170-180ms and I still haven't noticed any skill lag. Only thing I'm worried about are the events and TW. :[

Thank you for the correction. I see that one will be multi language. I am from the US and cannot stand other languages in my games. Just how I am. Ping in these games is never bad until 200-300+ from my personal testing :)

Them putting the game on multiple regions definitely makes me think they will infact region lock these games soon after the release of the final.
  • rashean
    rashean Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    i have noticed some skill lag, i watch as i click the skill it takes bout 0.5 seconds for the casting to begin, this is abnormal. I am playing from florida i shouldnt have that much lag, if u say its lag its BS ive played games whos servers all over the world n none have done this to me. I think pw either is poorly made, theres some kind of flaw in programming, or their hardware isnt good.:(
  • kuailiang
    kuailiang Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I've got a ping of 98 on both servers and that's at peak hours. Eastern Canada.
  • hong
    hong Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    30 ping both server
    RoC.