End Game?

Options
theninthseraphim
theninthseraphim Posts: 35 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
What's endgame PW like?
---do you run interesting dungeons with parties and hope to find good drops?
---get in war with other guilds and see who's more "pwn?"

---or, once you hit cap (what's the cap?), you quit.
Post edited by theninthseraphim on

Comments

• bron
    bron Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    What's endgame PW like?
    ---do you run interesting dungeons with parties and hope to find good drops?
    ---get in war with other guilds and see who's more "pwn?"

---or, once you hit cap (what's the cap?), you quit.
    In order to your ~s:

This isn't WoW, from what I know, there's no endgame dungeons specifically for capped people.
    TW, yea, that's at really high level.
    Cap is either 105 or 120 if I remember correctly, it's hard, and people usually quit, pvp, or make a new character by then.
    Proud Pre-Launch CO and Pre-Launch STO Lifetime Subscriber.
  • theninthseraphim
    theninthseraphim Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ouch.

So what do high levels do for fun? At least...are the dungeons fun? Do high levels run the appropriate dungeons to get drops?
  • bron
    bron Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Look man, this is NOT WoW. Stop thinking about getting your 1337 Ep1x in dungeons. You don't get good gear in only dungeons. You can get awesme gear from crafting or if you're lucky, drops. But usually crafting.

Oh and did I mention I haven't seen any BOP/BOE? Cool, eh?

At high level people TW and try to own all the land, duel high levels, Arena, or go on PK sprees till they die and see how many kills they can get (PVP server, but it's still rare to see). But mostly TW.
    Proud Pre-Launch CO and Pre-Launch STO Lifetime Subscriber.
  • elvul
    elvul Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    bron, what's wrong with you? He is NOT talking about WoW, he is talking about end game... I want to know the answers too. Don't tell me its constant solo grind until you get really bored and have to start a new char...
  • unki87
    unki87 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Actually all great items comes from dungeons.. so at the end game you gonna do a lot of runs since drop is pretty low, Holy hall of dusk (Twilight Temple here *_*) and other takes a lot of time when you're done with lvling, also you have to get skill books for all spells when you hit 89, it takes a lot of time too. So yeah, dungeons and PK, clan wars when you're done with lvling.
  • frigg
    frigg Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Don't tell me its constant solo grind until you get really bored and have to start a new char...

Ahahaha... oh god, that made me laugh. PW beta has been fun so far, but i have never played an eastern f2p MMORPG that doesn't eventually break down into a grindfest.
  • riot
    riot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    PW is a grindfest is disguise. The first 30 levels are very generous with quests, but it doesnt stay that way unfortunately, you get less and less quests and by the 60s you only have like 1 quest per lvl that only give a few %, rest is pure grind.
    Not that a mind grinding, its fun, but don't get fooled into thinking it keep you with quests all the way to max level.

As for endgame, it has been mentioned, there's several dungeons, such as Holy Hall of Dusk, and I belive a few new ones in this version aswell, where rare materials drop from hard bosses which then can be crafted into powerfull weapons and armors.
    And of course Teritorial Wars is endgame too.
  • alaocia
    alaocia Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Yowsa! I enjoy end game content, and no; I am not some WoW freak... I tried it for a month and quit to go back to my mmo of choice for the moment.

I do however like to see rich end game content that will provide challenges to a group of well rounded max level players. I see with a level cap of 120 it will be sometime before an individual hits that level requirement so I from what I am understanding this game is a grind fest, and if you want to enjoy it you will need to be into pvp... bummer.

I have never been a huge fan of PvP since I like going out to have fun with larges groups of people all with common goals. Not trying to gank someone and be happy that I owned them, or vise versa and be annoyed that I was owned.

I hope with their future developments within this game they will consider some end game raiding content that would offer some excellent challenges as well as rewards for those that have overcome these obstacles. It seems they set the bar very high on level caps to not have to make end game content and that's really not a good design, but then again this is the start of a closed beta so we shall see how things will progress for the International PW product.
  • ewielang
    ewielang Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    So because it's not WoW, there's no end game. So it's an endless grind fest towards nothingness. Because it's not WoW. Thank you for clarifying that PW is not WoW, and there is no end goal and nothing to play for. Thank you... No need to be a jackass about it.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Wow, epic necro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    What I'm wondering is how he found this, considering PW, WoW, end, and game are all under the 5 letter limit in the search bar
    Google, maybe? :S
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    We may never know. Perhaps he nerdraged SO HARD his post travelled forward in time?

Also, there is no endgame content in PWI.

Last of all LMAO LFM ICC10!!!11111one
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Plicid - Heavens Tear
    Plicid - Heavens Tear Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    no end game dungeons...well at least he got one thing right. you dont get best gear from Dungeons. Hurray Lucky Corals.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    You don't get any gear from dungeons, really. Sadface for mat farming.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • Dustins_ALT - Harshlands
    Dustins_ALT - Harshlands Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Like I have stated before this game is ****!
    pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=d5665672759051ef

^ my barbs built, full buff in tiger.b:bye

I'm not going to troll anymore T_T
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    EPIC NECRO!!!! b:laugh b:victory

inb4lock
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • _Krue_ - Heavens Tear
    _Krue_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    This necro made my day!

Inb4sexytime
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಸ_ಸ ~~ Drama-Sauce-Face, 50% ownership to kon ♥♥
  • delialotus
    delialotus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ewielang wrote: »
    So because it's not WoW, there's no end game. So it's an endless grind fest towards nothingness. Because it's not WoW. Thank you for clarifying that PW is not WoW, and there is no end goal and nothing to play for. Thank you... No need to be a jackass about it.

No need to necro it either.

Changed my avatar just for this because it seemed there weren't already enough avatarless profiles in this thread.

~Delia (HL)

Edit: lol I set myself up for a super-ninja. Didn't notice page 2 ftl...
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    What I'm wondering is how he found this, considering PW, WoW, end, and game are all under the 5 letter limit in the search bar
    Google, maybe? :S

He sorted the forum by date... and looked for the first couple of posts... Pretty much guaranteed troll, necroing threads on purpose.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Shealu - Heavens Tear
    Shealu - Heavens Tear Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    At end game people try to get Harpy Wraith down b:pleased
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Options
    At end game people try to get Harpy Wraith down b:pleased

no, they glitch it thinking people don't notice since Duke doesn't shout currently. b:cute
    b:bye
  • sifts
    sifts Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    there are tons of quests in the game endgame there are quests you cant even complete i dont know about all this 1 quest after 60
  • Delu_Balan - Heavens Tear
    Delu_Balan - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    b:surprised It's a double necro across the sky!! b:chuckle
  • XXZeonXx - Harshlands
    XXZeonXx - Harshlands Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Another double necro.. Last time we went for triple, but someone ruined the fun.
    Donate towards my endgame build, please. <3
    pwcalc.com/400d2e22e4b852e2
  • BloodyNero - Raging Tide
    BloodyNero - Raging Tide Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Sigh~ endgame is mostly about farming stuff to get ur gear and money up. lvl 100+ u have the 100+ BHs which can give u 2mil as rewards, and some other rewards. The bosses can also drop skill books which can be worth alot of cash. There are 5 or 6 dungeons u can get for BH. Apart from that u can start farm mats for ur gear in high lvl TTs or Nirvana, These mats are expensive so if u have excess u can sell em to fund refining ur gears. Then TW for which u need to join the TW factions .....any1 else need to add anything more other than WoW facts please do so b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xacte - Raging Tide
    Xacte - Raging Tide Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    NECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRONECRO :)

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tkx for Siggy to Dorset - Heavens Tear b:pleased
This discussion has been closed.