Character naming

blaze
blaze Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
:< I'm a sad Panda.
I just noticed that you changed the chracter naming system, on PW MY you could name 2 characters "lololol" as long as different letters are capitalized (e.g. Lololol and LololoL).

However this doesn't work here Q_Q and some **** stole my IGN in both servers....
Just wondering, will you change that in the future or will it stay as it is? Cause I would rather see a Panda+PandA than a Panda and Panda100546 >_>

PS: Everyone whining about the PvE servers is a **** >_> same applies to people defending the PvP servers with dumb reasoning (e.g. severan)
Post edited by blaze on

Comments

• ghost6989
    ghost6989 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    first of I would like to say....thats a good thing.

I dont want somebody going around with almost the same name as me, plus uh since when did we own IGNs, I know it sucks when I name you like is taken but that doesnt mean the person who has it is a ****, or that it was stolen.....all it means is you cant accept you were too slow.
  • blaze
    edited August 2008
    Ummm I can accept that I had to go to school and thus couldn't make my char fast enough :o

BTW the current system doesn't really prevent you from naming your char almost exactly as someone else's, it's just that that they will call themselves Ghost 184545413 insead of GhOst >_>
  • frigg
    frigg Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    1) This is PW International, not PW MY, things are bound to be irreversibly different.
    2) No use whining about something so miniscule, so you'll have to call yourself "whatever1" or "whatXever" instead of "WhAtEvEr". big deal.
    3)Its closed beta, wait until open after the accounts are whiped and you can get your name back if you are fast enough.
  • blaze
    edited August 2008
    frigg wrote: »
    1) This is PW International, not PW MY, things are bound to be irreversibly different.
    2) No use whining about something so miniscule, so you'll have to call yourself "whatever1" or "whatXever" instead of "WhAtEvEr". big deal.
    3)Its closed beta, wait until open after the accounts are whiped and you can get your name back if you are fast enough.

1) O RLY? I just compared it to another version of the same game, nowhere did I say that it has to be the same in this version
    2) Please show me what you define as whining, since I just stated a question regarding the current naming system.
    3) That's not always the case, quite a few games just reset the characters when going into OB
  • kelo
    kelo Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    blaze wrote: »
    :< I'm a sad Panda.
    I just noticed that you changed the chracter naming system, on PW MY you could name 2 characters "lololol" as long as different letters are capitalized (e.g. Lololol and LololoL).

However this doesn't work here Q_Q and some **** stole my IGN in both servers....
    Just wondering, will you change that in the future or will it stay as it is? Cause I would rather see a Panda+PandA than a Panda and Panda100546 >_>
    I prefer it that way. I had though of suggesting this in the appropriate section, but never did it. I'm happy they did that. ^^ Does that mean that we don't have to enter caps anymore when typing someone's name? I'll try to confirm. That would be great.

Also insulting that random person because she took your (obviously too common) name is not a nice thing to do. ;) (that probably was the whining part he was talking about)
    ~ Through the darkest of night, we shall shine brightly, revealing the path to both friendship and glory ~
    Kelovar, Radiance executor