lag

Options
took
took Posts: 31 Arc User
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
Now the lag is like 5 sec.
Is that because too many ppl are playing?
Post edited by took on

Comments

• june
    june Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Weird, I am experiencing no lag at all, and I am compiling and downloading Gentoo Linux in a virtual machine at the same time. My ping is 15ms though... When you log in to the server (or when you select to choose the server), what does it say your ping is?
  • took
    edited August 2008
    Options
    ok, it's 17xx ms :mad:
  • orz
    orz Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I thought it will be a horror playing on US servers guess I was wrong.
    I am form Lithuania, Europe and I see 204 ping on the west and 203 ping of east server, so far so good :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old school gamer, In PW for beta testing.
    Webmaster of Aionglobal.com
  • elly
    elly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    if you're experiencing lag it could possibly be your computer, what spec is your machine? i used to get the same problem with my old computer. if it is indeed your computer try tweaking the games settings, lower the resolution and set all barrs to the lowest and uncheck everything. run the game to see if you still get lag. if this solves your problem it's just a case of tweaking the games settings to have it looking and running just how you want it to. The things that i found caused lag on my old computer were things such as the bloom effect, water reflections and shadows. while nice to have if they're slowing your game down to almost unplayable it's definately worth disabling them.. actually, come to think of it, i believe there is a button in game which does pretty much what i've described lowering all the settings making the game run much smoother. try clicking it and see how it goes from there.
  • june
    june Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    orz wrote: »
    I thought it will be a horror playing on US servers guess I was wrong.
    I am form Lithuania, Europe and I see 204 ping on the west and 203 ping of east server, so far so good :D

NIce! Hihi Lithuania! My best friend's dad lives near Vilnius! Hope it runs well!

took wrote: »
    ok, it's 17xx ms :mad:

With 17ms ping took, I think you wouldn't be experiencing lag, but like elly said, it could be some configuration problem? Try pressing "CTRL+F9" in game. That will completely minimize the graphics settings. If it runs faster, then it could be your graphics settings. Other things to check are like network and firewall settings, etc.
  • monkeybone
    monkeybone Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    he said 17xx ms and not 17ms. 17xx means a range of 1701-1799ms and that is OVER 1.7 seconds!!! It's a huge lag!
  • elly
    elly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    if that is the case, go to www.speedtest.net and let us know what ms/ping you get if the above solutions don't work. if it comes back high then the problem may not be your machine but your connection.
  • meome
    meome Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Its so perfect for me,ms is always under 200 and i don't lag at all and have no skill lag.

I love it !!!
  • lipe124
    lipe124 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Gah this morning it showed 300ms.. already kinda slow.. and now its 1800 T_T. And i get frequent spikes in game that last up to 5 sec.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - Go watch it alone ;)
  • disco
    disco Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Today at 00:00 I had only one lag spike and then everything was fine. I hope there's no lag l8r today
  • elysium
    elysium Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I get 170ms from Germany... much better than PW-MY, but still could be enough to make me switch to PW-MS, but well, I haven't decided anything yet and enjoy playing :)
  • kamina
    kamina Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Getting a consistent 109ms from east coast on Lost City. Can't expect much less from my crappy dsl connection.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    IGN: Kamina
    Class: Lv. 58 EA
    Server: Lost City
    Guild: UnLimited
  • took
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I tested at that website just now. My ping to the California locations is below 200ms on average.
    I entered the game just now, but the lag is still around 2-4 sec.
  • took
    edited August 2008
    Options
    I tested at that website just now. My ping to the California locations is below 200ms on average.
    I entered the game just now. The ping is initially above 1000ms, but later 100ms. But the lag is still around 2-4 sec.:mad:
  • danubus37
    danubus37 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Not getting any lag at all. Where you playing from ?
  • took
    edited August 2008
    Options
    US, midwest
  • crimezone
    crimezone Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    from holland here...no lagg at all
  • kuailiang
    kuailiang Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    94ms East Canada. No lag except an occasional spike here and there. Nothing major. It could simply be your ISP being silly.