First Impressions??

Comments

• shiningstar
    shiningstar Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Agree. The name of faction or squad is not a big deal.
  • shiningstar
    shiningstar Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    There will be plenty of PvPs when you've reached 30 grade. Please be patient, just level up to 30+ grade. Then you will enjoy the PvP system in the Perfect World.
  • monkeybone
    monkeybone Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    reser wrote: »
    since I am pretty sure most people wanted PVE.
    Please, prove it!
  • seawolf
    seawolf Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Honestly, CB doesn't really matter that much. Everything is going to be wiped and as far as I know there are no leveling prizes. No one has spent real money on cash shop items yet either so there's nothing really important to lose even with red name or whatever. PvE, PvP, people will have strong opinions.

However, it doesn't bode well for future "surprises." As far as I can tell, xarfox didn't announce which servers would be available or not available for the open (at least from a cursory skim of his recent posts). We don't know how or why. Perhaps the higher ups didn't tell him. Perhaps he thought it was prudent to not mention it even he did have the knowledge beforehand. It doesn't really matter the reason.

In general, players don't like surprises, especially paying customers later on. Granted, some portion of the population will always complain that something got nerfed or whatever. However, the next surprise might not be something as innocuous, such as maybe deciding that 16 servers would be better or deciding that all cash shop items should be doubled in price effective at the start of OB. Obviously, these examples probably won't come true. But the lack of clear communication might forebode similar events in the future.

All that said, xarfox displays good CSR attributes so far so we'll see.
  • severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    reser wrote: »
    ok if it is to test capacity of the two servers then WHY are both of them PVP that does not explain why they did not do 1 PVE and 1 PVP like any normal SANE compony would do. or make them BOTH PVE, since I am pretty sure most people wanted PVE.
    you want pve in closed beta to do what?
    grind...hunt items? and then what?

Majority for the players preffer pvp, if they opened 1 pvp and 1 pve server it will be a 9:1 population ratio (PVP:PVE)

honestly 2 pvp servers makes sense as it will bish test both the server's capability with all pvp stff and pve stuff,
    so please pve carebears who still wanna cry over this issues - you say it best when you say nothing at all (i just politely asked you all to stfugtfottly)
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • june
    june Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I really prefer the PVE server, but I have no problem with there only being PVP test servers. I was almost expecting only one PVP server. How else are they going to test PVP, and as we're all here as closed beta testers and not totally here to enjoy the game :P I'm sure all you PVPers will play nice and not pk lil ol' me or other n00bs like me who "dun wan dun wan dun wan :mad::mad::mad:" to be pked :P
  • russel
    russel Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Agree. The name of faction or squad is not a big deal.

I think the complainers look at the big picture. PWI decided to rename as much as possible to avoid the same names as PW MY.
    The reasons for renaming is wrong, instead of renaming to get more intuitive names, they renamed because they wanted to rename not because they wanted to improve the user experience.
  • russel
    russel Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    xarfox wrote:
    There will not be a PvE server during this phase of beta. My apologies to all of you who desire to play on PvE server. We want the to test the size limitations of the two servers that are currently up. Adding more servers would simply thin out the population and disrupt our stress test.

PvE servers will be up at the end of this phase of beta.

Stress testing is a good explanation to cut down on servers. But why 2 PVP servers and not a PVP and PVE server?
  • ence
    ence Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Honestly, coming from my gf who was looking over my shoulder when I first joined in, squads and factions was not a good choice of naming. Other than that, most everything looks fine. I see people saying "Oh this is the same as PW MY" Well...guys....big news. It's the same game. Oh my goodness what a concept. There are, of course some of the more subtle differences such as the locked button next to your name, a difference in the chat interface as well as the additional skills available in the skill tree. However, as a whole I believe that it looks quite nice.

I do prefer this font compared to the MY version as well. As for the names...well it just is transliterated from the Chinese I assume which is fine by me. I don't really care.

All I have to do now is fix all the NPC/Mob/Item names on my quest guides :P
  • severan
    edited August 2008
    russel wrote: »
    Stress testing is a good explanation to cut down on servers. But why 2 PVP servers and not a PVP and PVE server?

Majority for the players preffer pvp, if they opened 1 pvp and 1 pve server it will be a 9:1 population ratio (PVP:PVE)

pvp server will be tested with overload and the other pve server will be tested with ice cream and cake.

And no... pvp players are not rabid wolfs to kill people at random, we wont be pking untill the last few days of beta.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • tsukianei
    tsukianei Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    severan wrote: »

You're so full of it right now. XD

I agree with not having a PvE server at the moment, seeing as how everything that you do will amount for nothing. However, when open beta starts, I will be getting on PvE. PvP in my honest opinion is full of elitist morons.
  • severan
    edited August 2008
    tsukianei wrote: »
    PvP in my honest opinion is full of elitist morons.
    also ego maniacs (like me) and hardcore assassins.

come on, i play the game for pvp and nothing less. so it's natural i see everything as "kill or be killed" ;)
    PVP is a place where you either put up or shut up, unlike in pve (with dirtbags like karmelia) who are all talk and no action.

personally i see those "shut from inside safe zone noobs" as gutless slime that i tolerate hoping that 1 day they'll grow a spine

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• jades
    jades Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    sure I am not happy that there is no pve server yet , But at least we can play . not too much ksing going on yet but as more ppl log in there will be that problem as I see too many on now and trying to get lvled up
  • cheianah
    cheianah Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Well I wont hang around and waste anymore of your time like mine was. Good luck, and hopefully you guys will improve the service and communication with the client base in the future to ensure the game will be here for at minimum 1 year, but as Ive seen with the client its basically yhe same client MY has had forever with still no bug fixes.

Out....

You are the most annoying person I have ever seen on these forums. Really if you dont like the game then GTFO. No one cares stop complaining.

My opinion: I think this game is really really fun sure it has some kinks to work out but its a beta that is to be expected, unless your a moron and think the game is supposed to be perfect on beta release.

Also the game seems to minimize just fine for me all you do is press Alt+tab I never have a problem with it.
  • poolia
    poolia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    look at the bigger picture here, one possible senario...

NO PVE for CB = ?% of players choose not to play in OB
    RESULT = PVE servers in OB end up with less players than there would of otherwise have been.
    6 months from OB = PVE Servers not being proffitable cause too many have left already and thus.... PWI merge PVE servers with the PVP servers o.O forcing PVE'ers to PVP anyway.

End result = PVP'ers get what they want, more ppl to gank ... PVE'ers either leave or complain on forums.

I agree that servers need to be stress tested so I understand why all 4 servers were not opened, but I also agree that if you needed to "stress test" 2 servers, then one of them should have been PVE. Keeping the customers happy by giving them what they want, and thus trying to "please" all types of ppl, would have been a wise marketing stratergy. However, lots are now wondering if the above senario is what will eventually happen :confused:

That being said.. at the end of the day, this is still only "CLOSED BETA" and as such, all characters will be wiped. This means that it does not really matter either way, but people take FIRST impressions to be the overall impression of a person/object/company and this is slowly becoming a bad impression.
  • spyridon
    spyridon Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Seriously, whats wrong with everyone?

This is a CB phase where there is going to be a WIPE at the end. By the time our characters are permenant (OB) they will have the PvE servers up. Thats what matters in all honesty.

People need to stop thinking of CB as an early start, and start thinking of it as a "testing phase". It's not here for a sneak peek to the game, that doesnt start until Open Beta and the only reason they do that in Open Beta is to test the servers on full load.

This phase isnt intended for "First Impressions", Closed Beta means UNFINISHED PRODUCT WHERE THINGS WILL BE CHANGED!
  • poolia
    poolia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Dont get me wrong spyridon.. I totally agree with you 100%, and I'm one of those people that was looking forward to the PVE servers. Not because I dont like to partisipate in PVP, far from it. I hope that there will be plenty of PVP at high level. At least on the PVE servers, players will chose to switch it on, making it actual PVP, not PK ganking lowbies that are forced into it through no choice :)

Everyone will make assumptions based on their first impressions of something.. its human nature.

I for one logged into the website today, before i joined the game(as CB went live while I was sleeping) and coming from not acually looking at the game/servers yet, all I'm confronted with is "the PVE servers are not yet available". It's a little dissapointing but its not the end of the world :)

Some pvp'ers here just want the pve'ers to shut up and put up.. I guess what I'm trying to say is, when PWI made the decision to make a pve server available, the pvp'ers were totally against it and did nothing but start post after post after post, complaining against it.. well I guess its not the pve'ers turn.. go figure ???

At the end of the day, most ppl are annoyed because of statements like this in this thread, that are making people feel like promises are broken (DISCLAMER - no SOLID promises have ever been made :D)
    by Xarfox - If we were to set all servers to PvP, or set all servers to PvP, THAT would be turning a deaf ear to the needs of players.

Again, there will be PVE servers for OB, and at the end of the day, that is what matters! No big deal on my part, just trying to explain the concerns of us PVE'ers :)
  • severan
    edited August 2008
    OMG WTF!!ENOUGH OF THIS PVE crying

1. They want to test 2 servers, 1 on the east 1 on the west
    2. majority of the players preffer pvp since it's pvp and pve package
    3. pve is for grinding, closed beta is for bug busting
    4. if they gave us 2 pve server instead of 2 pvp or 1 pvp, the pvp players (they wont come here and cry like you babbies) would flame the heck out of pwi
    5. there will be 2 PVE server only during the Open Beta test, since all Closed Beta test data will be deleted
    6. pwi is doing all you pve no-lifers a favour by not making you waste time and later on QQ more river saying "i played 100 hours in pve to get that item in CB, plx can i have it in ob plx plx"
    7. stop wasting bandwidth, go test the pvp server if you want to or just wait for 1 week, i'm guessing Closed Beta will be for just a few days... i don't think it's 1 month. the panda hinted it a while ago

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• f4ding
    f4ding Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    rev wrote: »
    It's not that you don't have PVE servers, it's that you decided NOT to use them in closed beta, so those who spend hours on this game will end up giving newer, or people who play less, a hard time, every purely PVP server I've played I end up a target when I DON'T wanna pvp and just quest, but I'm not complaining cause I do have 30 levels of which I can't be pked, this isn't the right place prolly but one bug I've noticed is this version does NOT like to minimize, even when changing resolution, anywhere I click AFTER the desktop shows, it goes back to desktop, I HAVE to restart the game to play again.

must be your computer is **** because i can sit here and minimize my client all day never restarting it could do it with my too infact it is minimized as i type this get a new computer it isnt the game.
    dont you idiots ever get sick of whining no wonder you get pk'd all the time on pvp servers your a**holes and most likely deserve it.
    You do not have to play this game if you do not like it gtfo.
  • quilnar
    quilnar Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I'm not getting any skill delay here which is awesome.

Oh and 9:1 PvP:PvE server ratio? LOL. To think all PvPers will choose open PK is just ignorant. It's time to wake up newbs, PK does not equal all that is PvP in this genre and these server labels are misleading.
  • venger
    venger Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    So no pve servers? Well that is pretty deceptive. Guess I'll wait around for those servers to go live.

And before you start on the carebear **** you all know how childish and stupid you all sound right?
  • f4ding
    f4ding Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    venger wrote: »
    So no pve servers? Well that is pretty deceptive. Guess I'll wait around for those servers to go live.

And before you start on the carebear **** you all know how childish and stupid you all sound right?

i dont care what type of server you go on i prefer pk i wont flame you for going pve but closed bta doesnt matter most people wont make it to 30(the lvl pk starts at) before closed beta ends anyways.
  • disco
    disco Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    LOL @ this thread... no positive feedback. Complaining about the server with no deep arguments after hardly one day of CB is not good for the community. Look at this, I mean... too much violence here and you can't pvp each other. Just banned ppl and stuff...
    Well I got up at 4am today just to be able to play from the very start of the CBT (gmt -3) and I have to say I immediately thought about a mix of L2 and WoW. I rly enjoyed lvling but the alt-tab, winows key glitch made me restart the client a few times. A bit annoying.
    About LAG I had only one lag spike, but then the game worked great. Everything almost on perfect sync, weird since I live in Argentina and I have a crappy internet provider. So that's good news for Latam players.
    I have to test in depth the party system... or squad system (?) and c how it works. However I didn't find lvling as hard as I thought, however the training places were a total mess of shuffled monsters. Flying could be a lil faster... but w/e I rly enjoyed my first day. I think I'll be able to play hard-core this weekend.
    If you wanna test content and party with me contact me. My IGN is my forum name lol.
    Cya in-game...
  • evrilysis
    evrilysis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I'm actually really impressed with how the international version is, even at the cb stage. I only spiked once the entire time I played, which says a lot seeing as how many people were at the beginning starting areas. The text also got touched up and looks MUCH better compared to the big ugly font in the previous versions.

It'll take sometime to get used to the new names for things though, they did a pretty good job with the localization.

I also don't like the way the map is either. The old one in the MY version was colorful whereas this one is greyish and kind of bland.

But overall I'm happy with what we got. Goodjob PWI. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zoefox
    zoefox Posts: 225
    edited August 2008
    The localization is good, the text isn't just running on and on in one huge line now so its readable. The font for exp gained and such is nice. I've only played a bit so far but it seems to be very well done.
  • namika
    namika Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Its pretty evident why there no PvE servers and why its pvp servers, first they want to surely test the performance of 2 regionnal servers the East coast and West coast, also whats the point of the pve server for test purpose, if you want to test PvP and be sure its actualy tested having the server pvp would make sure you get results.

Anyway for those that suggest having 1 pve server and 1pvp would still complain has always. Here why lets say the do a East PvE and West PvP setup, now the PvE west would cry because they have to play on the east and we have the pvp east cry because there stuck on a west server, you see where this is going? If you cant your seriously blind.

When you have a limited pool of players witch is the case for a Close beta and you want to maximize the testing ( NO GET THIS IN YOUR HEAD... BETA IS FOR TESTING NOT PLAYING ) you go what you know will offer the maximum options in one place, and honnestly having those 2 pvp servers online is probably the best testing solution right now. You are sure to get good results from there.

So why complain about all this ****? You want the game to succed than, loging the game, find those bugs and report them. We arent keeping anything anyway whats the point of a PvE server while you can do the same exact thing for testing purposes on PvP servers right now?????

Its just sad to see players that cant be mature at all.

Funny though I going to be playing on a PvE server once they open because honnestly Im not the type to PK players, I prefer cooperative gameplay. But I dont have a problem playing on a PvP server for close beta, Im pretty safe from ramdom PK until level 30 and anyway with a close beta wipe at the end, dont think I be getting that high to even be bothered by PKers anyway. So why is everyone crying about this **** than? Seriously.
    IGN: Namika
    Lvl: 30
    Class: Venomancer
    Server: Heaven's Tear (PVE)
    Guild: None
  • keithtan69
    keithtan69 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    xarfox wrote: »
    It's very unfortunate that you feel that way. In any case, we will have PvE servers up at the end of this phase of beta. Whether or not you decide to play on them is ultimately up to you. ;)

When you said PvE server, you mean no dueling, on TW? I have commended on other thread why you need not separate the two with easy implementation. DOAC did it well, that why they put it in in warhammer.

PWI might want to consider.

Players need to understand. When you play a f2p game from Korea or China, it is going to be PvP centric. The player from these countries like to PvP alot.
  • zanx
    zanx Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Love this thread<3

*Shuts off the lights and get's popcorn*
  • kuailiang
    kuailiang Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I've only spiked once too. I did find a few innaccuracies here and there like the Sentry's Shallow Whirltortlen quest...he says we have to kill twenty while we really have to kill 5 ^^

So far, I've helped a lot of people with gameplay things and they've been very polite. I did meet quite a few pricks and kill-stealers but that's part of any MMO's everyday life. Overall, it's a good experience and am glad to test things out.
  • draccy
    draccy Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    your right i dont get it too but ok all i can say is i love this game only found 2 bugs that are a bit annoying like disco mentioned the alt+tabbing bug and im playing a venomancer i have to stow my pet to take it out of city cause if it try to follow me its hanging in some invisble wall but its beta so i dont care maybe on release i think its fixed they did a great work on PWI no lags like MY (im from German bad server connection :) ) and i enjoy it really lvling fast and nice looking chars (speciality the ubercute fox form of the venomancer) cool equipment and stuff for a F2P model its real great sooo THX for this game :D