Can't extract the zip file

alazar
alazar Posts: 28 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
As title states I cant extract the zip file from the official downloader so I'm wondering if they are all zip files or not? Because every time I try to extract the entire thing to my desktop it gives me "The archive is corrupt"

Im downloading from Fileplanet in hopes of it just being a regular click and install not a zip file
Post edited by alazar on

Comments

• karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Please read and follow the instructions given in the message in this thread : http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=12401
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • satyrias
    satyrias Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I had the same problem i just deleted it and re-downloaded from a different site and everything work's fine, At least i think wont patch but i guess that's just because the server's aren't up or there is no patch to patch.
  • alazar
    edited August 2008
    ok then ill re download it, So some come with corrupted files. thats odd.
  • alazar
    edited August 2008
    Did any one here download a file that worked on the first try just by simply extracting? and which one did you download there are like 15 options.
  • mikkuru
    mikkuru Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I downloaded mine from fileplanet and it was corrupted (never happened on my dl's from there before) so I just renamed the file the same way it is named in the torrent file and loaded up the
    torrent and after verifying the file, it showed 99,8% completion, then just let the torrent client
    to download the missing pieces. Done!
  • athentis
    athentis Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    mine was also corrupted as a rar.zip so i just turned it into a window zip , double clicked on the folder and there was a "extract files" on the side , worked fine ever snice ^_^
  • f4ding
    f4ding Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i used theyre downloader mind my grammar im not in a caring mood right now just want to play the game lol anyways when you download a large file like this one it is best to use the downloader they provide although there is still a chance of getting corrupt or incomplete files if you do choose to use one of the mirror sites make sure you use the fire fox browser as internet explorer cant handle files over 2gb good luck and i hope to see you all in game.
  • alazar
    edited August 2008
    damn so not a single person got a perfect zip client?
  • darkzor27
    darkzor27 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    get the lastest WinRAR http://www.rarlab.com/
  • alazar
    edited August 2008
    Could the problem have anything to do that im on windows Vista
  • shinedown
    shinedown Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I have downloaded it from them GamersHell and FilePlanet as well as downloading the Latest WINRAR and 7ZiP none of the solutions have worked
    Data Pack 4 broken Or Corrupted
  • shinedown
    edited August 2008
    Downlaoding it directly is not a possibility as it would take me 14956 hours 34 minutes and 18 seconds
  • ayako55
    ayako55 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    download winRAR and right click the file then press extract
    Xtacy
  • shinedown
    edited August 2008
    I've already done this dude i've tried all of the new reccomended extractors and several download sites they are all corrupted data pack 4 at the end the bit torrent will only take me 4 weeks hmm... i don't know if thats worth it
  • XJacobOwnzX - Archosaur
    XJacobOwnzX - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    hey guys i did the direct download and i clicked run it loaded but the the downloader doesnt pop up
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    + 1 post count!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Astraea - Raging Tide
    Astraea - Raging Tide Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    holy son of a necro
    and still not closed yet :0
    free +1 post count ftw
    "Common sense isn't so common anymore." ~ Yusiong - Lost City