Looking for mature, ambitious, organized, and helpful guild

mas
mas Posts: 66 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Guild Banter
I'll try make this concise, but most likely it'll be long...

I'm looking for a guild that first and foremost is respectful. I don't want to play with a group of geeks who joke all day about sexual organs, homosexuality, gender, race, etc. I can take a joke, but make it funny, not lame or offensive. Also I'd prefer to be in a guild that can handle interaction females without harassing them so much that they quit the guild (In guild isn't the best place to try out all your "moves" you know?). It's like dude they didn't leave the guild because they're really a guy; they left because you're a stalker and hella lame...but I digress.

Secondly I want to be in ambitious guild. I work and have a internship that takes up a lot of my time. Other than that I'm out and about, but when in world I'd like to be apart of a guild with a goal and a plan. Also I don't mind PVP at all, but it has to be organized. Random PK just leads to MMO drama and less leveling. Fun for a while, but it sucks making a enemy for nothing. Keep things organized

Thirdly I need a helpful guild. I don't know how many times I've been in guilds where I ended getting more boss help from strangers and friends in other guilds. I don't ask for regular quest help and will always save FB's for guildies, but don't vanish when I ask for help slaying a boss.

So basically I don't want to play with lames that encompass all the stereotypes of dirty gamers. I'm not stuck up or some hardcore gamer (though I'm far from a slouch). I just want to play with regular humans, not a bunch of mutants...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
いっしょにヴェスパでとうきょうにいきましょうか?
Post edited by mas on

Comments

• warbeef
    warbeef Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    If you find a guild like that, let me know. I know almost every guild in the MY-EN version was just a bunch of kids that don't know what the meaning of respect is. They take their games way to seriously, and hold grudges against anyone for whatever reason for ages or until another "Noob" comes along.

I know I had to regularly kick members out from the guild I was VGM of due to the fact that after I gave them several warnings about being pricks to others, they still didn't learn. And it gets frustrating.

I also hate the World Chat spam...Some people just never know when to quit...

Sorry, I forgot to say "If you find a guild like that, let me know please"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hazel
    hazel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Me too. I'd like to hear of a "Perfect Guild" like this too. :)
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    If you're not very active, then expecting to join this "perfect guild" is going to be very hard.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • tiene
    tiene Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    It's best to try out various guilds already advertised here. In the end, you have to join one to see for yourself. One's "perfect guild" might not be the same for another person.

One thing that I do notice from my experience though is that the more a guild "self-proclaim" itself, the less likely it is to be true.

So, best of luck in your search.
  • tiene
    tiene Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ark wrote: »
    If you're not very active, then expecting to join this "perfect guild" is going to be very hard.

A guild that expects its members to be "very active" is not a "perfect guild" for casual players. For a hardcore player, then yes.

For most casual players, playing MMORPG is supposed to be a hobby, and fun. It is not another job.
  • trilient
    trilient Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Try looking into EmberGlades, so long as you're active a few times a week then that's fine with us :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    EmberGlades Vice Guild Master
    emberglades.forumotion.net
    Server: Lost City
  • mas
    mas Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    ark wrote: »

True indeed. It takes time to form bonds, but you can sort of tell the average maturity and respect levels of guildies within the first day joining. I won't be on 24/7, but I'll be far from inactive.
    tiene wrote: »
    It's best to try out various guilds already advertised here. In the end, you have to join one to see for yourself. One's "perfect guild" might not be the same for another person.

One thing that I do notice from my experience though is that the more a guild "self-proclaim" itself, the less likely it is to be true.

So, best of luck in your search.

Thanks, and I've noticed the same. Thing is I'm not looking for a perfect guild, but a little maturity and class doesn't seem like to much to ask for.
    tiene wrote: »
    A guild that expects its members to be "very active" is not a "perfect guild" for casual players. For a hardcore player, then yes.

For most casual players, playing MMORPG is supposed to be a hobby, and fun. It is not another job.

Ditto. For starters I'm more into being efficient than active. I find that most people who spend too much idol time in game turn into trouble makers (Constant WC spam, random PKing, etc).

Anyway I'm not all business. If you knew me personally you'd know that I'm really lax and just want to have a good time. Besides I spend enough time with jerks in the subways, so I want my guild to be an escape, not somewhere that I spend my time listening and arguing with mutants all day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    いっしょにヴェスパでとうきょうにいきましょうか?
  • didacus
    didacus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    What this game needs is: a good shot of reality in order to attract mature players.
    Try Entropia Universe. Where maturity goes beyond bitter virtual life experiences. ^_^

But, seriously, if you find such an exclusive guild, be sure to invite me as well. ;-)
    Would be nice to be in a guild where sanity has a meaning.
  • lazor
    lazor Posts: 36
    edited August 2008
    In answer to the original poster..
    We will be forming a guild after Cb is over there is no sense imo in forming 1 now.. I and the people that came over with me from pw-my all agree to this. the guild we will form is based on the original guild we had, and that is

1. respect ur fellow players and guildmates
    2. no pking guildmates
    3. no random pking
    4, report any pks ... we will come out in force and defend u
    5. have a :i got ur back attitude" we all believe in sharing wheather its knowledge or items
    6. any 1 that joins us..1st as friends later as a guild must no that we will gvg and TW and will expect help from all guildmates.
    7. there is another very ambition person (who will remain namelesss) who is also forming he has 40 people already for open beta..we r allied with them
    8. make sure u have vent installed and can use it..vent is excellent for communication for gvgs, tw, fbs and just plain old talking.
    9. be an adult...of course there r exceptions to that rule.. I have met some pretty mature 16 yr olds.
    10. i am a female and i wont put up with a mens disrepecting my gender. period
    11. Be prepared to be interviewed...we r matching peoples personalities..we r not just throwing any 1 into this guild. Id rather have 40 online people all talking. interacting, and helping one another then 140 in a guild that dont do any of that.
    12. i may be the guild leader but i completely understand thats where it begins and ends..it is the people that make the guild..so it will be the people that will help in the decision making.
    13 dictators, marshals and whatever the other 1 is called will be picked based on their personality, how often they r online and how helpful they r.

So yea..we R out there..just keeping a low profile til this post ;) U r invited onto our vent to meet us..just leave a message here and ill pm u the vent info..I am in est and the rest r central and pacific..2 r in portugal..1 in canada
  • didacus
    didacus Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Sounds pretty interesting! I'd like to be interviewed just for the sake of it. ;-)
  • lazor
    edited August 2008
    check ur pm didacus
  • odin
    odin Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Our guild is an ambitious, active guild, with many PW veterens, whose leadership respects the playing style of its members, supports civility and cooperation in the guild, and civility toward "civil gamers", with or without pvp/pking.

Our rule is to obey the rules of Perfect World International.

Our goal is SUCCESS !!!

If you would like to talk with us, there is a forum for "non-registered" visiters to make topics and replies. Feel free to start/join discussions.http://http://pwusa.forumotion.net/portal.htm
    Is this post appropriate?

Later
  • lazor
    edited August 2008
    welcome aboard didacus